What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More help needed please.....

P.J.

Juniors
I thought I read somewhere that someone made a patch that reduced the penalties and head high tackles, which riddle the game and make it very frustrating.

Did this eventuate?

If so, where can I find it?

The game is looking better every day with Timmo and Jono's patches, but the gameplay is still brutal.

P.J.

Juniors
Thanks Mario :clap:

But I dont think I can use this, along with Jono's patch, as it includes many new players.

If I use this, I'll lose all the new players wont I?

I'm confused :x

Mario

Juniors
P.J. said:
But I dont think I can use this, along with Jono's patch, as it includes many new players.

If I use this, I'll lose all the new players wont I?

Yes, any user patch which modifys or adds teams and players will not be compatible with another user patch which does the same.

One way to get the benefits of Gol's patch but with the players and teams of Jono's patch would be to install Jono's patch, and then use Inertia666's player editing tool to reduce the agression and offloading attributes across the whole player database. He has recently added functionality to his editor to let you do this quickly.

Download Intertia666's editor here http://rlie.no-ip.info/

P.J.

Juniors
Yes, I've got that downloaded too, so I'll follow his guide and re-do every player........NOT

I think i'll just use this patch, and add the players myself, using this editing tool.

It'll be heaps quicker.

inertia666

Juniors
pj you dont need to do every player to reduce individual stats. like mario said, there is a function on the latest version that reduces , say, the offload by X and it does every player for you.

leneril

Juniors
he (furycat) sent me an exe file that worked for 1.00 and it turned down sinbins and sendoffs plus it had offsides turned off (i always cheated with it) but it didnt work after i used the sidhe pathc

Jonotallica

Juniors
P.J. said:
The game is looking better every day with Timmo and Jono's patches, but the gameplay is still brutal.
It's not perfect but I wouldn't say the gameplay is brutal. Are you playing on legend difficulty and is there anything in particular that bugs you about the gameplay?

Offloads for example are set to 1, 2 or 3 out of 10 in my latest patch. And you can't go much lower then that. Changing stats can help or tweak it, but there are limitations.

Also, some things can't be fixed like players standing flat footed when you are only 2 metres out from your tryline, but if there is anything in particular that bugs you, I ll see what I can do about fixing it.

It's possible to reduce deliberate foward passes and sin binnings, but it involves editting the .exe file which makes it complicated. Maybe Inertia could include this in a utility that patches the .exe (also fixing onfield sponsors in 2004 patches) but I have a funny feeling he'd rather wait until furrycat posts up his tutorials. :D

In the mean time, if you have inertias latest version of his editor, lower the aggression stat for all players, like others have said, that should help a bit.

Jonotallica

Juniors
leneril said:
he (furycat) sent me an exe file that worked for 1.00 and it turned down sinbins and sendoffs plus it had offsides turned off (i always cheated with it) but it didnt work after i used the sidhe pathc
That's because the Sidhe patch replaces the .exe (program file), which would undo/overwrite all the changes that furrycat made to it.

inertia666

Juniors
yeah jon, i'm not wasting my time trying to edit the exe if it's already been done. i just don't have the time for it and busier with other projects. if furry doesn't write up the tutorials than you'll need to figure it out yourself. i'm sure its not rocket science. let's face it - it takes a few minutes writing up the offsets and values and a description of what it does. it doesn't need a 400 page document. i think we'll be waiting for the rest of our lives for furry to write something. :?

@leneril - if you're not just furrycat with a new user name then upload the file somewhere and i'll sort it out for v1.01. will take 5 minutes to figure out what he changed and apply it to the new patch. no problems. if you need help putting it somewhere then i'll help you. just pm me. share the wealth don't hide it :D

Jonotallica

Juniors
Oh and one other thing..

Imo offsides don't need changing. You can clearly see when your players are offside they will be two or three metres in front of the ref. All you have to do is take control of the players closest to the ball, and pull them back and keep them out of the play until the ballrunner crosses the 10m. It sacrifices a few metres, but it's like in a real life game when players are called offside. You have the choice of giving away a penalty (but maybe saving a try), or pulling them back and giving away a few metres to stop a penalty.

It would suck if there were no offsides at all, especially in games against mates instead of the computer..

Jonotallica

Juniors
Yeah some tweaking of the offsides would help.

Hopefully leneral can send you his altered .exe, you can figure out the changes and and everyone will be happy happy joy joy. :)

P.J.

Juniors
Jonotallica said:
P.J. said:
It's not perfect but I wouldn't say the gameplay is brutal. Are you playing on legend difficulty and is there anything in particular that bugs you about the gameplay?

Yes Jono, heres a few....

1) Offloads. I'm playing on Legend mode, and I still get the PC throwing offloads while upside down, and having about 20 in one play, which usually includes two or 3 passes that are about half the width of the field, passing about 5 of my players, none of which think to intercept the ball.

2) Offside. On the 5th tackle, 5 times in one game, all my players stood infront of the ref, and gave the penalty away. I usually control the man standing beside the ref, either side of the ruck, and turbo in, and when there offside, I cant make it in time. I'll try switching to the offside player and pulling him out, but we all know how easy it is to change to a specific player. :x

3) Kicking. Still cant get decent kicks away, trying to pass to kicking players, but they never stand beside the ruck. But use whoever's there, and get tackled.

4) Returning kicks. When they opponent kicks, and the ball goes to the sideline, my player picks it up every time, and takes it out. Frustrating.

I downloaded your patch Jono, but still have the offloads. Should I?