What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley = 7 weeks

Pierced Soul

First Grade
East Coast Tiger said:
I always want the minumum suspension for a player because I want to see the best players on the field, not sitting on the sideline. The NRL is only hurting the game by rubbing its best players out of the game and anyone who wants to see the best players suspended for longer and longer spells is not a true supporter of the game.

this is one of the stupidest things I've ever read. So what you're saying that if a player is good he should be able to do whatever he wants? So we'll get johns to spear tackle people, break their necks but it's ok we'll let him play because he's good :roll:

hell lets make a new rule where if you're deemed to be a good player you dont even get penalised anymore and can do whatever you want :roll:

I fail to see how suspending players for foul play is hurting the game ](*,)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ECT, wake up mate. You've talked sh*t this whole thread.

Rubbing it's best players out? The NRL is a bunch of softcocks who aren't willing to stop a player playing who continually practises foul play. Sure, they eliminated him for the rest of the season - but they've conveniently ended his suspension in time for the Tri Nations series. An absolute f**king rig of a decision if I've ever seen one. The fact you seem to be condone this knee 'because he's a good player' is absolutely bloody ridiculous. Morley is a disgrace.

Tell me East Coast Tiger, would you let Elle McPherson off the hook with a good behaviour bond if she maliciously drove a car into somebody, simply because she looks good?

f**king idiot. As Pierced Soul said: ](*,)

Mr Saab

Referee
East Tiger must have had a Noa Nadruku type session before he sat down and wrote his jibberish last night

Lancelot Link

Juniors
brendothejet said:
all i can say is bring on Australia vs great britain in the tri nations.

He'll be wound up that tight for a big game and to leave an impression - I'd be surprised if he manages to stay on the field much past halftime!

I'd even pick Corey Hughes in the Kangaroos side - to play him for the first 10 minutes the first game against GB - just to see what happened! :lol:

When did I say any player could do what he likes?
I'm not saying he shouldn't have been suspended. In fact I said seven weeks is about right. Seven weeks is not a light suspension. 10 years ago that would have been a lengthy ban. The problem is the NRL has become such a senstionalised competition in recent years that every time anything happens there's a heap of scrutiny and these players are pilloried by all and sundry and we get ridiculous comments like he should have got 15 weeks or 20 weeks or whatever, and they come mostly from one club's supporters who feel agrieved, largely because they don't like the club the player in question comes from. I'm neutral on this, I want what's best for rugby league and what's best for rugby league is fair treatment for our game's stars and the best possible teams running out each week. The way things were going the average suspension would have been 10 weeks for a grade two or three high tackle which is just over the top, it's not fair on the players involved and it's not fair on the fans who pay to watch our best play each week. I cannot believe supposed rugby league supporters are hell bent on ruining the careers of players who do nothing but play the game in a tough manner, as players have done since the game began. He didn't murder anyone, he didn't even hurt anyone. He lost his cool, was sent off and was rightly suspended but some of the crap coming from fans on here, mostly from one club, just proves to me that most so called fans of the game only really care about certain clubs and players.

nqboy

First Grade
vippo19 said:
At least sticky cant complain about the judiciary picking on Morely, oh no wait, he still will.
Ask and you shall receive, almost. Beetson was up in arms in the paper this morning.

nqboy

First Grade
drake said:
It's unbelievable that a man with his record runs into Hughes and knees him and gets one week more than Barrett got for a high tackle.
Barrett led with his forearm. A bit more than a high tackle.

nqboy

First Grade
I undertand what you're trying to say but I still have some issues with it.
East Coast Tiger said:
I cannot believe supposed rugby league supporters are hell bent on ruining the careers of players who do nothing but play the game in a tough manner, as players have done since the game began.
Put the blame where it lies. If Morley had done what he did, we wouldn't be talking about it. If his career is ruined by this, it's his fault, not ours.

East Coast Tiger said:
He didn't murder anyone.
No-one said he did.

East Coast Tiger said:
He didn't even hurt anyone.
It wasn't for lack of trying and intent is a substantial element in my estimation. Yes, he would have got more for hurting the bloke, but he gets no discount from me for being lucky.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
RoostarGirl said:
Well it ended Mozza's NRL career.

And after that - Good riddance as far as I am concerned Adrian.

Go cry on Danny Williams' shoulder.

I've always thought that Morley was a bit unfairly picked on by some refs.

But this evens things all out for mine. he is a very, very lucky fellow to only get 7 weeks for what he did!

Don't need you teaching my 2 Rooster supporting nephews aged 5 snd 7 who deadset idolise you, how to deal with someone you don't like on the footy field! Fortunately my own 1 year old son is too young to understand what you did...and won't be growing up supporting the Roosters in any case! lol :p

stevie013

Juniors
7 weeks is a joke, i guess these days if u show remorse u get less, i bet he didnt care about possibly hurting another player when he did it, and the fact is, he hit the guy when he wasnt looking, which makes it even worse. the NRL are soft, he should have got at least 16 weeks.

Razor

Coach
As Cowboys coach Graham Murray said - it should have been 4-5 weeks
Beetson said the punishment was way too harsh

It was a disgustingly harsh sentence.

sretsoor

Juniors
Bird got 10 wks for kneeing someone in the head and concussing them.

Morley kneed hughes in the torso yet everyone claims it is worse?

Go figure.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
sretsoor said:
Bird got 10 wks for kneeing someone in the head and concussing them.

Morley kneed hughes in the torso yet everyone claims it is worse?

Go figure.

Knees are not part of football. Anyone that uses them deliberately deserves to be suspended for a long, long time. And with the loading on Morley's past judiciary record - the base penalty for his 'brainsnap' is only 5 weeks.

The fact that Corey Hughes was not more seriously injured is neither here nor there - the intent to injure was most certainly there...Why else he would he have raised his knees to begin with - other than to injure?! You drive your knees into someone you are TRYING to hurt them. End of story.

That's what the issue is!

petetheileet

First Grade
how any1 can say it was too harsh baffles me...anything deliberate in our game should be dealt with in the strongest way!!!!! we dont need young kids growing up thinking this sort of behavior is appropriate.

was morleys intent really to try and knee him in the torso??? who has the intent of kneeing sum1 and tries to get them in the torso??? he should have got what bird got and 2-3 weeks more for his past record...

has any1 else noticed all of morley's 10+ head highs have been given a careless rating??? after this many how can one think that they are careless, i dont care how bad your technique is...if you are doing 2 a season they are no longer careless

good riddence to a big dickhead!!! :thumb

nqboy said:
I undertand what you're trying to say but I still have some issues with it.Put the blame where it lies. If Morley had done what he did, we wouldn't be talking about it. If his career is ruined by this, it's his fault, not ours.

No-one said he did.

It wasn't for lack of trying and intent is a substantial element in my estimation. Yes, he would have got more for hurting the bloke, but he gets no discount from me for being lucky.

If he really wanted to hurt Corey Hughes he could have gone in with a swinging arm, something I believe is viewed as less serious in our game than kneeing, but in this instance would not have been any less dangerous.
The point I'm making is these incidents get blown way out of proportion and calls for massive suspensions is over the top and detrimental to the game.

Latest posts