What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Annoying TV Commercials

Menulog and Katy Perry…fmd.

The fact their jingle gets stuck in my head a long time after I’ve seen the ad pretty much ensures I’ll get in the car and go and get food myself.
Menudog, Ubud Eats, etc are for lazy self entitled merkins who holla out "Oh oh but the interest rates...." yet spend money on a service driven by the most insipid advertising on television.

The only thing in your pantry is coffee, sugar and long life soy milk. Learn to cook you maggots.

Nuke

Staff member
From someone who has done a little bit of Uber Eats driving, I can confirm severe laziness is a factor in a number of people using their service to deliver food. I once delivered Maccas to someone about 60m from the restaurant (quite literally up the road... the golden arches could be seen from the house). Gave the food to the customer who very clearly was able-bodied and capable.
Another occasion, another Maccas, and this time it was about 300m up the road. Fella was waiting by his car, I gave him his food, and he hops in his car and proceeds to drive right past the Maccas.

Makes no sense to me on these such occasions!

That fat merkin in the Gillette ad with Pat Cummins is more than painful.

About time he choked on a KFC drumstick. We all know he's more than a few.

horrie hastings

First Grade
From someone who has done a little bit of Uber Eats driving, I can confirm severe laziness is a factor in a number of people using their service to deliver food. I once delivered Maccas to someone about 60m from the restaurant (quite literally up the road... the golden arches could be seen from the house). Gave the food to the customer who very clearly was able-bodied and capable.
Another occasion, another Maccas, and this time it was about 300m up the road. Fella was waiting by his car, I gave him his food, and he hops in his car and proceeds to drive right past the Maccas.

Makes no sense to me on these such occasions!

We get a few Uber Eats orders through my Liqourland shop and i laugh when i see the price difference of what we sell our products for normally and what the price goes to when you put Uber eats code in.

Not so much as annoying, but ridiculous due to the product name.

The f**king McDonald's McPlant. Did they honestly pay someone to come up with this name?

At least Hungry Jack's Rebel Burger is a bit more imaginative.

Nuke

Staff member
The Google ad with that totally talentless tosswad hack called Baker Boy.

Who the f**k is he anyway?
Personally, as a 41yr old fella who listens to rock, particularly the likes of Queen, AC/DC, Gunners, ect, I had never heard of him until I saw him at the FireFight Australia concert in February 2020.
Next I heard of him after that was on the MenuLog ad. Then this ad you speak of.

Other than that, I couldn't tell you a single thing about him or what he's done.

That fat merkin in the Gillette ad with Pat Cummins is more than painful.

About time he choked on a KFC drumstick. We all know he's more than a few.
I wasn't taking much notice but there's a new ad for Gillette with Pat Cummins minus fatso.

I feel that Gillette's advertising department must have been bombarded with complaints about fatso. Apparently he is a z grade American comedian.

Reflector

Juniors
The ad with the mother who comes home to an empty house with Macca's bags in hand and calls out "Dinner's here!"

(Absolute silence)

"It's Macca's!"

Suddenly the entire family busts out of their rooms and hurries into the dining room.

Like first of all- WTF is this, a house of 10 year olds? Because that's the last time eating McDonald's was exciting for me.

Second of all, f**k Macca's. As a bachelor, I'd just be stoked that somebody went to the effort of getting dinner for me regardless of whether it was take-out or they prepared it themselves. Imagine not bothering to respond to somebody telling you dinner was ready and only changing your tune because they'd ordered the most bog average fast food there is?

Bunch of ungrateful shits.

The Google ad with that totally talentless tosswad hack called Baker Boy.

Who the f**k is he anyway?

Can't really tell you. Like Nuke I just listen to classic rock bands (mainly through Rebel FM, f*ck MMM and that Molloy flog) and the few times I've been unfortunate enough to sit in the car with my wife tells me all I really need to know about modern "music".

I turned my back on Triple J after they decided that rock/punk/metal bands weren't cool anymore, and started flooding the airwaves with Aussie Hip Hop and hipster sh*t. I'd imagine they'd promote someone like this Baker Boy, but again, I can't really tell you because I tuned out long ago.

The ad with the mother who comes home to an empty house with Macca's bags in hand and calls out "Dinner's here!"

(Absolute silence)

"It's Macca's!"

Suddenly the entire family busts out of their rooms and hurries into the dining room.

Like first of all- WTF is this, a house of 10 year olds? Because that's the last time eating McDonald's was exciting for me.

Second of all, f**k Macca's. As a bachelor, I'd just be stoked that somebody went to the effort of getting dinner for me regardless of whether it was take-out or they prepared it themselves. Imagine not bothering to respond to somebody telling you dinner was ready and only changing your tune because they'd ordered the most bog average fast food there is?

Bunch of ungrateful shits.

I'm glad my family isn't like that, at least not yet and hopefully never. My wife comes to the door to grab the food off me, and my 1 year old follows after her wanting to know what's in the takeaway bag. When we serve up the food in her bowl she makes happy sounds.

Reflector

Juniors
Can't really tell you. Like Nuke I just listen to classic rock bands (mainly through Rebel FM, f*ck MMM and that Molloy flog) and the few times I've been unfortunate enough to sit in the car with my wife tells me all I really need to know about modern "music".

I turned my back on Triple J after they decided that rock/punk/metal bands weren't cool anymore, and started flooding the airwaves with Aussie Hip Hop and hipster sh*t. I'd imagine they'd promote someone like this Baker Boy, but again, I can't really tell you because I tuned out long ago.
I have the Triple J on in my car (can't get digital radio, and so the J's are the best of a bad bunch. Triple M is great for footy related stuff but I can only hear Bon Jovi so many times in a week). You're right about Baker Boy getting played on the J's. He's right up the alley of the typical Triple J listener these days...

Triple J and Rage influenced my music purchasing decisions during the 1980s, 90s and early 2000s but no more. Current popular music is the worst ever in my 63 years on this earth.

1. The ING ad with the clown in the bathtub who apparently farts out a $5 note from his arse.

2. Any and every Squarespace ad. Reeks of pretentiousness.

Those carpet cleaner ads where the demonstrator pours copious amounts of tomato sauce, red wine, Vegemite, dog shit or whatever onto the carpet.

Leaves it there for less than 20 seconds then vacuums it up, miraculously making the carpet pristine.

Try leaving it on the carpet for half an hour or more. Let's see how effective your carpet cleaner is when the stuff soaks into the fibres.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Those carpet cleaner ads where the demonstrator pours copious amounts of tomato sauce, red wine, Vegemite, dog shit or whatever onto the carpet.

Leaves it there for less than 20 seconds then vacuums it up, miraculously making the carpet pristine.

Try leaving it on the carpet for half an hour or more. Let's see how effective your carpet cleaner is when the stuff soaks into the fibres.

seems pretty obvious to me that when they cut away they substitute a new carpet

Nuke

Staff member
For those old enough to remember it, they should bring back that Pro Hart ad from the late 1980s. All that cake, sauce, chocolate topping, ect, and that poor Italian woman on her hands and knees scrubbing the carpet to get it all off. Slightly more realistic than, as TheLoungeLizard says, the instantaneous vacuuming up of a mess.

That said, I've never personslly known anyone to create a masterpiece with staining food products on the loungeroom floor..!