What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Annoying TV Commercials

Nuke

Staff member
I don't know if it a WA thing or not, but over the last month, in the rare moments I happen to have the tv on, there's been an ad for some kind of lottery. The woman's some kind of 'Kath & Kim' clone, and in some annoying falsetto announces that it's "Time for the lotterée" (rhyming 'Tuesday' and 'lottery' ... so it sounds like 'lotteray' ... trying to make it sound classy).

If it's just a WA thing, then you can all count your blessings that you don't have to have that ad on your tvs and radios.

Not so much the ad itself, but the accompanying song.

The Coke ad where the ants are carrying an empty bottle up a tree.

A remake of "Home" by Edward f**king Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.

An ex of mine played it on super high rotation when it first came out. I've had an incurable scar on my brain ever since.

Reflector

Juniors
For those old enough to remember it, they should bring back that Pro Hart ad from the late 1980s. All that cake, sauce, chocolate topping, ect, and that poor Italian woman on her hands and knees scrubbing the carpet to get it all off. Slightly more realistic than, as TheLoungeLizard says, the instantaneous vacuuming up of a mess.

That said, I've never personslly known anyone to create a masterpiece with staining food products on the loungeroom floor..!
Those ads cracked me up as a kid. Seeing somebody destroy carpet so imaginatively was hilarious.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Bringing the Bathuuuuurst. That's not how it's pronounced you annoying bogan.
I came here to say exactly this. My god it’s awful and not even a thing… what does it mean?

Is the GF tomorrow “bringing the Homebush”???

horrie hastings

First Grade
The KFC Uber Eats commercial with G Flip playing the drums with the KFC drumsticks, since when has a KFC drumstick been so big and have that much meat on it and also not a drop of grease or fat on her drums after beating the drumsticks on it, to add insult to injury they play the ad twice during an ad break . Ugggggh

Dodgy

Juniors
Bringing on the bathrust is to appeal to the idiot fanbase of Australian motorsport. It's a half supercars/half nascar thing.

My nomination is of this stupid commercial I mostly see on Optus sport. Two bald people hanging upside down portraying testicles enjoying the jocks they're in.

Tigers1986

Juniors
INC Sports Nutrition. I love Jess Sergis but seeing her ad on seeming repeat during NRLW games was torture of the ears.

Nuke

Staff member
There's an ad that I've unfortunately caught several times in my very limited tv watching in recent weeks. I think it could be for Pepsi (but could be wrong), and the premise is that the logo is like a gateway / portal to another world where seagulls give chips instead of stealing them, people can take fashion-type photos for passports instead of the standard photos, ect.

To me, it seems the company hired young, barely experienced marketing people to come up with the campaign with no-one to guide them.
But the worst thing about the ad is the seagull at the end who's telling us to do whatever-it-is-the-company-wants-us-to-do. The voice of it.
Everytime I hear it, I always think 'SOMEone had to record that. THAT was the take everyone thought was exactly what they wanted there.'

Reflector

Juniors
There's an ad that I've unfortunately caught several times in my very limited tv watching in recent weeks. I think it could be for Pepsi (but could be wrong), and the premise is that the logo is like a gateway / portal to another world where seagulls give chips instead of stealing them, people can take fashion-type photos for passports instead of the standard photos, ect.

To me, it seems the company hired young, barely experienced marketing people to come up with the campaign with no-one to guide them.
But the worst thing about the ad is the seagull at the end who's telling us to do whatever-it-is-the-company-wants-us-to-do. The voice of it.
Everytime I hear it, I always think 'SOMEone had to record that. THAT was the take everyone thought was exactly what they wanted there.'
Welcome to the Pepsi-verse

horrie hastings

First Grade

Between Pespi Verse, Pointsbet with Shaq and his band of idiots. KFC shut up and take my money and also G Flip playing the drums advertising has sunk to new low level.

That sounds shocking.

Reflector

Juniors
Between Pespi Verse, Pointsbet with Shaq and his band of idiots. KFC shut up and take my money and also G Flip playing the drums advertising has sunk to new low level.
I don't mind the shut up and take my money ads. At least they're not the 'Did someone say KFC!?!?' ads with that f**king song blaring at 5x the normal volume.

My issue with both ads is that the punchline is WAY too obvious and even if you've never seen that particular ad before, you know what it is after literally 3 seconds. It's a shit effort from whoever KFC commissioned to create that campaign.

Might be nostalgia, but I always loved the 80's "I just can't wait" ads and (more recently) the "Live it up" campaign:

horrie hastings

First Grade
I don't mind the shut up and take my money ads. At least they're not the 'Did someone say KFC!?!?' ads with that f**king song blaring at 5x the normal volume.

My issue with both ads is that the punchline is WAY too obvious and even if you've never seen that particular ad before, you know what it is after literally 3 seconds. It's a shit effort from whoever KFC commissioned to create that campaign.

Might be nostalgia, but I always loved the 80's "I just can't wait" ads and (more recently) the "Live it up" campaign:

Yes Did someone say KFC are nauseating . especially cannot stand the one where the woman drops the coin in the guys coffee thinking he is a beggar, the look on her face is one i just want to smack.

Here is the classic Kentucky Fried Chicken ad

Last edited: