What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most boring/mundane NRL player sightings

Danny Buderus on my flight to Adelaide yesterday.. he still looked fit enough to play. Maybe for the Rams!

I on the other hand felt 96 years old after 2 enormous days on the gas at the SCG.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Few years ago bumped into a few of the Raiders team at the Hungry Jacks in Sydney airport, nice bunch, especially Ruben Wiki. Met quite a few players when they've been over in Perth for NRL stuff over the years. Nicest were Trent Barrett, Jonathon Thurston and big Dell.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Ryan Papenhuyzeueueueun and a young lady walking around the luxury stores on Collins street. He had the look of "it begins" all over his face. She was ready to become a new wag insta blogger yas.

Fav memory was big willie in a walkabout in London mid 2000s. Could crush a can

I used to be a regular to the Beach Rd Hotel in Bondi years ago. 2003-2010. I lived about 50m from the pub. Big Willie was there a lot. Along with loads of other NRL players. Many kept to themselves, many liked to mingle. But they were all brilliant whatever they did and I never saw any issues at all. But Willie was top shelf. He just seemed like a big fun bloke who loved fun.

I remember once being in there on a heaving night and went up to the front bar to get my round in... Found a narrow gap - turns out I had Big Willie on my left and Barry Hall on my right. Im 6ft 2 but looked a midget in between both of em, never felt so small. And they were there before me... The barmaid came straight to me for my order and blanked em both. Only because I knew her.. They were both stunned. I said to her "Willie's before me" and so she served him. He couldn't have been more gracious and we had a good old yak after. He added my drinks order onto his round too. Dunno how Barry took it all...

I bet he could have crushed a can too, although I didnt see it that night.

mongoose

Coach
About 10 year ago I used to see Tony Carroll a lot at a convenience store near where I lived in North Brissie. I suspect he lived in the area.

kdalymc

Bench
About 10 year ago I used to see Tony Carroll a lot at a convenience store near where I lived in North Brissie. I suspect he lived in the area.
I always see his brother in Beenleigh, a bigger uglier version and always wearing Tony's Broncos gear

I used to be a regular to the Beach Rd Hotel in Bondi years ago. 2003-2010. I lived about 50m from the pub. Big Willie was there a lot. Along with loads of other NRL players. Many kept to themselves, many liked to mingle. But they were all brilliant whatever they did and I never saw any issues at all. But Willie was top shelf. He just seemed like a big fun bloke who loved fun.

I remember once being in there on a heaving night and went up to the front bar to get my round in... Found a narrow gap - turns out I had Big Willie on my left and Barry Hall on my right. Im 6ft 2 but looked a midget in between both of em, never felt so small. And they were there before me... The barmaid came straight to me for my order and blanked em both. Only because I knew her.. They were both stunned. I said to her "Willie's before me" and so she served him. He couldn't have been more gracious and we had a good old yak after. He added my drinks order onto his round too. Dunno how Barry took it all...

I bet he could have crushed a can too, although I didnt see it that night.

mate we probably crossed paths at some point, did many a session in there while living on Warner’s avenue. One of my favourite pubs in Sydney. Nothing special but isn’t pretentious like the rest of the bars around Bondi (excluding the royal haha)

mate we probably crossed paths at some point, did many a session in there while living on Warner’s avenue. One of my favourite pubs in Sydney. Nothing special but isn’t pretentious like the rest of the bars around Bondi (excluding the royal haha)

no doubt we did... I lived on beach Rd tight nearby then moved to Warner’s ave, there for a few years.

Loved a big Friday night at the beach Rd... as did many footballers. The local Sydney players and usually any out of town team who’d been playing at the SFS would end up there after the game.

I also loved “Big Tommy’s TV - Rugby League only”..... never any swans games on Tommy’s watch ...

Good times.

Reading about Mose Masoe’s injury today reminded me of when I met him but I wouldn’t call it mundane - not sure what I’d call it.

Petersham RSL were a sponsor of the Newtown Jets and were hosting a grand final shindig when the Jets made the 2012 GF. They put on free sausages on a roll all day and night. The victorious Jets came to the club after the game and Mose when straight for the snag rolls. Had one in each hand and went back continuously for more. They were a great bunch of blokes and got on the piss with anyone and everyone at the club. I bumped into a pissed Mose in the toilet and congratulated him on the win. He put his arm around my shoulder, leant away and threw up all over the floor while I’m struggling to hold him steady. Stuff the size of my fist was coming out of his mouth! When he finished He said, “cheers mate” as he patted me on the back and left to resume festivities.

Sad to hear what happened to him and wish the big fella a speedy recovery.

DeeJ

Bench
I always see his brother in Beenleigh, a bigger uglier version and always wearing Tony's Broncos gear

I wonder if being frugal is a Carroll family thing? I remember reading a Tonie Carroll article in the mid 2000's about how he used to drive his wife's old Ford Laser around as she bought herself a new one and didn't see the point of getting rid of the old one.

Latest posts