What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most First Grade and Rep Games by any player

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I just saw on wikipedia that Darren Lockyer has played 310 club games, 32 games for Queenslad (2 SL) and 51 games for Australia (4 SL) for a total of 393 games at first grade or above.

Brad Fittler has played 336 club games, and 79 rep games (including City Firsts) for a total of 409 games. Does Brad hold the record?

The amazing thing about freddy is how few games he missed through injury.

Im not sure of the number but I remember it being very low.

gregstar

Referee
australian record.

i dare say some pommies have racked up massive numbers in seasons past.

Downie

Guest Moderator
Menzies has 375 club games including his stint in England (which is continuing next year) plus 20 games for NSW and 15 for Australia. So 410 so far with another season to go.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Do not care for English club games played. Thanks for the informative replies guys. :)

Simo

First Grade
Sean Edwards I think it was in England played something like 465 games (if it wasnt him it was some other POM, it is in the encyclopedia of rugby league players).

What is terry lamb up to? Prob didnt have as many Test jerseys to push him up.

Billythekid

First Grade
Menzies has 375 club games including his stint in England (which is continuing next year) plus 20 games for NSW and 15 for Australia. So 410 so far with another season to go.

The disappointing thing about those numbers is that he deserved a lot more rep jerseys.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Andrew Ettingshausen must be close

I can't find how many games he played for Leeds but he did play for them, Also cannot find how many for City, which would be a few

1983–00 Cronulla-Sutherland 328
1986–89 Leeds
New South Wales 27
Australia 25
New South Wales (SL) 3
Australia (SL) 4

total - leeds and city is 387

bartman

Immortal
Looking at the article, I think most of them would have been "first grade" except the seasons with York and Bramley...

mightybears

Bench
How did they manage to rack up all those games. Do England have an extended rep season or did they just play a lot of club games?

Pick a year way back when in English rugby league and the top flight was usually a 20 team comp, in otherwords a 38 match season, add Challenge Cup matches and other Cups [and the Challenge Cup top flight started at round 1 way back when] and its a 46 plus match season for nearly every year up until the 60's. Even in the early 70's it was a 32? match season.

Therefore double-ish the possible matches you could play as opposed to our the NSWRL/ARL/NRL. Games records [and scoring records] across old school RL clubs are therefore double-ish.

The issue of standards is a book in itself, but our game has Annandale, University, Cumberland and seasons like Canterburys' first and Wests's last for example that any flat cap lud can point to in rebuttal re their game not having 'first grade' quality matches at times.

Latest posts