What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Improved Forummer of the Year 06

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Piper

Juniors
This award is open to all LU forum members to nominate who you think is the the most Improved F7s player of 2006.

Please place your nominations in this thread. The list will be forwarded to the referees for a vote.

The voting for this award closes two weeks tonight.

Thankyou.

thickos

First Grade
I'm gonna nominate Stelios Giannakopolous (aka Schifty) from the Raiders who cracked the rep scene in his 2nd year of playing F7's, and wrote some great articles this year...

can Jesbass be nominated? Or are rookies ineligible?

Pistol

Coach
i dont think so thickos. i think the most improved award should go to someone who has shown that this season has been better than their last.

Pistol

Coach
i reckon LeagueNut should be in contention. He's risen to captain NZ and has been pretty good all season finishing high in the BP rankings

Big Mick

Referee
I agree with LeagueNut's nomination.

He has risen in the ranks to be an inspirational leader and will be continual leader of the Panthers next year, and also at the representative level.

He has improved his average by 5 points this season, to be averaging high 80's, and has also had many MOTM awards and has finished equal second with 16 Backpacker points, when he got 4 points last year.

IMO he has been the standout improved player in this competition this season.

edabomb

First Grade
I don't think rookies can be considered, as the improvement has to be based on something (ie. the previous season).

That said should I nominate paulquinn49 for Most Improved? He only played one game last season.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I don't see why rookies should be excluded. If they started off the season with low scores and ended the season with high scores, then isn't that showing improvement during the year?

(With that said, I don't think jesbass should be nominated anyway, on the grounds that he was kicking butt from the start :p )

Jesbass

First Grade
Just for the record, I'm quite comfortable being ineligible for Most Improved. It's all just a bit of fun, anyway! :p

edabomb

First Grade
My official nomination: paulquinn49

From bit-part player at the Raiders in 2005 to South Sydney superstar in 2006, paulquinn has enjoyed a meteoric rise to stardom. Paul's 2006 started in dissapointment, as his brain child 'the Chuck Norris Texas Death Ninjas' failed to gain admission into the main draw. However, after accepting this ruling, Quinn linked with South Sydney and began to find his potential.

Quinn ended the year in 12th position in the POTY rankings. However this doesn't tell the full story of his evolution as an F7s player. Despite being a late comer to the Souths side he contrbuted game in game out, some may even say he took on a leadership role. While Souths were bundelled out two wins shy of a Grand Final appearance, this does not take away from paulquinn49's superb season.

Clevo

Juniors
I'd like to nominate Paulquinn49 too.... I like the way he moves on the field... he has that special spring in his sentences and one senses he's really enjoying himself... onya!

Jesbass

First Grade
I haven't been around long enough to make an informed decision, but it looks like paulquinn49 has the inside running.

Status
Not open for further replies.