What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most overated players

Renowned League Expert said:
Oh, grow up. Other clubs have had their players named in this thread as being over-rated, but I don't hear them crying ad nauseum about it. It's just an opinion, you dill.

I think Joel Clinton is over rated. So what?

I certainly don't think Gower is over rated, in fact, I think he's been under rated.

The other "valid points" you made were ignored by me because they had nothing to do with this thread.

Your problem is that you haven't really explained why you think he's over-rated. I mean, what is your explanation anyway?? I mean, the guy has made City Origin & the Kangaroos tour squad, AND (and please make sure you read this again and again to get it through your head) he played his part in the Panthers 18 - 6 Grand Final win of 2003. So how can he be over-rated?

I wasn't referring to you about Craig Gower. That was in reference to a point made by the "Fountain Of Mis-information" himself Rooster Cogburn.

And as for the other "valid points", well it's obvious that you were proven wrong and that you had no answer for them. It's not that you ignored them - you just have no answer to them. And who was it anyway that was bringing up stuff like "Panthers having 14 of their regular 17 playing 22 or more games for the season" and "lucky that the Panthers didn't have any representative committments". They have nothing to do with this thread either but yet you brought them up.

Who's the "dill" now??? :lol: :lol: Go to a library or spend some time with David Middleton before you can call yourself a "so-called League Expert"!!

Big Panther Cool said:
Oh, grow up. Other clubs have had their players named in this thread as being over-rated, but I don't hear them crying ad nauseum about it. It's just an opinion, you dill.

I think Joel Clinton is over rated. So what?

I certainly don't think Gower is over rated, in fact, I think he's been under rated.

The other "valid points" you made were ignored by me because they had nothing to do with this thread.

Your problem is that you haven't really explained why you think he's over-rated.

Are you for real? So if I Penrith player is selected in the thread as being over rated, the poster must give reasons? You can't be serious?! 99.9% of the posters haven't given "reasons" why they've selected certain players. Why is it so different if a Penrith player is chosen?

You bloody big sook!

fish

Juniors
Some of you people are precious,so what if someone names a player that happens to be in your side,big deal.Get off your high horse and accept other peoples opinions.The worse are the panther and raider fans,I will let you guys in on a little secret your teams are not packed full of super stars that have been hard done by all year no matter what you think.Grow up.

Are you for real? So if I Penrith player is selected in the thread as being over rated, the poster must give reasons? You can't be serious?! 99.9% of the posters haven't given "reasons" why they've selected certain players. Why is it so different if a Penrith player is chosen?

You bloody big sook!

They haven't had to give reasons, because no-one has asked them to. Probably because they agree with what was posted. I don't agree with what you've posted. All I ask is why do you think Joel Clinton is over-rated, considering his achievements this season - culminating in a Grand Final Victory & Kangaroo Tour Selection. And as yet, you have yet to provide a valid reason.

And you can't even provide answers to some of my questions and points. Yet you were the one that brought up certain points, even though they're not exactly meant for this particular thread. You started this whole debate by saying that the Panthers were lucky. What the hell has that got to do with this thread????

Calling yourself a so-called "renowned league expert"???? :roll: :roll: Now that's what I call OVER-RATED!!! :D

You've been absolutely JARRED HARD baby!!! :lol: :lol:

Big Panther Cool said:

You bloody big sook!
Joel Clinton is over-rated, considering his achievements this season - culminating in a Grand Final Victory & Kangaroo Tour Selection. And as yet, you have yet to provide a valid reason.

The grand final winning team historically gets a few token players in the Kangaroo squad, if it's a Kangaroo year. If Easts had won the grand final, it's safe to assume that Clinton would not have been picked.

The fact that he wasn't seriously considered for a test position is testimony to this theory.

And yes, Penrith was very lucky that Easts had an off day in the grand final. I don't know of any serious commentator who disputes this.

Matt23

Staff member
Lucky or not, Penrith won...those sour grapes must be almost vinegar by now :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
[And yes, Penrith was very lucky that Easts had an off day in the grand final. I don't know of any serious commentator who disputes this.

Commentators are only commentators. Doesn't mean they know any more about the game than the die hard fans.

Whether the chooks had a day off or not, the Panthers were minor premiers and deserved to win the Grand Final IMO.

It is an injustice for any minor premiership winning team, not to win the GF, as the minor premiership is the best team of the year.

The grand final is just the best team on the day.

Justafiably for the Panther fans, they won both.

The grand final winning team historically gets a few token players in the Kangaroo squad, if it's a Kangaroo year. If Easts had won the grand final, it's safe to assume that Clinton would not have been picked.

The fact that he wasn't seriously considered for a test position is testimony to this theory.

And yes, Penrith was very lucky that Easts had an off day in the grand final. I don't know of any serious commentator who disputes this.

And how in the blue hell do you know that Clinton would not have been picked?? Oh that's right!! You're a "Renowned League Expert"! :roll: :roll: and you know these things right?? And you're saying that someone like Ned Catic would have been picked if the roosters won the GF? At least Clinton was on tour. How many of your front row forwards made the tour? Oh and please take all the time you need in answering that question - after all you're probably still thinking about answers to other points & questions i raised. Your so-called "Safe Assumptions" leave a lot to be desired. :roll: :roll: And you call that a reason as to why you think he's over-rated??? :? :lol:

Still waiting.................

You're digging yourself deeper into a hole my friend. Even other posters are with the same voice in saying that the Panthers were deserving of their Grand Final win. I think "Expert" loves the taste of vinegar Matt23 :lol: :lol: !!!

And yet again, you've shot yourself in the foot about the Grand Final. I thought you wanted to stick to the thread title??!? :? :? . But just in case you need further reminding about Penrith's "lucky year" - PENRITH PANTHERS - MINOR & MAJOR PREMIERS FOR 2003. Did the roosters win the Minor Premiership in 2002?? And of course most people would say that the roosters had an off-day in the Grand Final..........BECAUSE THEY JUST WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH :!: :!: :!: They couldn't match the Panthers in both attack and defence. Twizzle sums it up nicely in his post. Take your head out of the sand and read it.

You're fast running out of bullets "League Expert :roll: :roll: "!! Keep shooting blanks. :lol: :lol: and please consider changing your nick..................

cheese

Bench
I'll second the clinton is overated notion...

Marty Lang made him look like a useless gimp, yet he didnt even get a mention ....

oO but thats right, he pumped his fist after tackling mason once, 6months ago ...he must be good[/sarcasm]

These penrith supporters are hilarious. It's like that line in the Fawlty Towers episode...."Whatever you do, don't mention the war (Penrith players)!" :lol: So what if Big mouth Clinton and small weiner Gower got mentioned! I'll say it again, Gower and Clinton are overrated. Clinton is better known for his big mouth than for his football ability and ditto with Gower and his emu plains weiner! :lol: I laughed when the big tool (hound dog Clinton) missed out during the Roo tour, It shows what Anderson thought of the Penrith connection. I'll throw that crybaby Luke Lewis into the overrated box as well, What a mummy's boy he is. Wha wha wha, dat bad man picked Darren Smith in front of me....wha wha wha..... What a sook! :cry: :lol:

Magpie Nick

Juniors
It woukd be interesting to see if Roosters won the Grand Final. You would be saying something like Clinton will be better the Webcke and Gower rivals Johns at the moment. The thing is Clinton is good go watch him against anyside. Gower is over-rated and because of his big mouth wins halfback of the year on the Footy Show and is lwading Dally M medal winner before they are called off. What did he do say 'Give me those awards'. You think they are shit because they kicked your ass in the grand final.

Magpie Nick said:
It woukd be interesting to see if Roosters won the Grand Final. You would be saying something like Clinton will be better the Webcke and Gower rivals Johns at the moment. The thing is Clinton is good go watch him against anyside. Gower is over-rated and because of his big mouth wins halfback of the year on the Footy Show and is lwading Dally M medal winner before they are called off. What did he do say 'Give me those awards'. You think they are sh*t because they kicked your ass in the grand final.

Clinton certainly didn't "kick our arse". The wet weather had more to do with our grand final loss than anything else. I couldn't care if Penrith won Wimbledon, Le Mans and appeared in the Grace Bros fashion show. As far as I'm concerned Clinton is overrated. Ever since he punched the air after tackling Mason (what a wanker!) he has been a golden boy with the press. It's all media driven hype. He also whinged like a little girl because a cheergirl said something about him! How precious can you get! He couldn't crack the Aussie team and he shouldn't have been selected in the first place.

Rooster Cogburn. said:
These penrith supporters are hilarious. It's like that line in the Fawlty Towers episode...."Whatever you do, don't mention the war (Penrith players)!" :lol: So what if Big mouth Clinton and small weiner Gower got mentioned! I'll say it again, Gower and Clinton are overrated. Clinton is better known for his big mouth than for his football ability and ditto with Gower and his emu plains weiner! :lol: I laughed when the big tool (hound dog Clinton) missed out during the Roo tour, It shows what Anderson thought of the Penrith connection. I'll throw that crybaby Luke Lewis into the overrated box as well, What a mummy's boy he is. Wha wha wha, dat bad man picked Darren Smith in front of me....wha wha wha..... What a sook! :cry: :lol:

What was even funnier than this is how Penrith showed how over-rated the Roosters were in the biggest game of all - the Grand final of 2003!! :lol: :lol: Seeing Fittler's face after the game, looking at the team he once called his. PRICELESS!!

As I said before, at least Clinton, Lewis & Gower made the tour. Let's look at the equivalents in the Roosters side shall we??

Ned Catic - Where was he in the Grand Final?? Played for ten minutes and had enough!!

Brett Finch - Had to resort to dirty tactics by trying to take Craig Gower out with a poke in the eye in the 35th minute. Never even came close to what Gower has achieved this season.

Todd Byrne/Chris Walker - Ha Ha Ha :lol: :lol: :lol: - Don't even get me started about THAT TACKLE, and how Walkout Walker got totally outclassed and outplayed by Luke Rooney. Had the fumbles quite a bit towards the end.

Now there's a bunch of over-rated players!! Did they make the Kangaroo Tour??? NAH!! Did they play in the winning Grand Final team of 2003?? NAH NAH!! :lol: :lol:

Poor old Rooster Cogburn has to live with months of torment and anguish as his side got beaten by a club that virtually no-one gave a chance of getting into the finals, let alone win a Grand Final!! :lol: I can probably understand why he's reacting in such a way. Must be embarrassing to have his team beaten, and not only that, being beaten by a team who he has continuously bagged througout the year, not to mention a team with over-rated players like Clinton, Gower & Lewis!! :lol: :lol:

And don't get started about the Panther Fans Cogburn. At least they never had to resort to racist comments like what you did with your comments about Rhys Wesser :evil: :evil:

You've got NOTHING COGBURN. You get proven wrong time and time again!! Give up!! 8)

Rooster Cogburn. said:
Magpie Nick said:
Clinton certainly didn't "kick our arse". The wet weather had more to do with our grand final loss than anything else. I couldn't care if Penrith won Wimbledon, Le Mans and appeared in the Grace Bros fashion show. As far as I'm concerned Clinton is overrated. Ever since he punched the air after tackling Mason (what a wanker!) he has been a golden boy with the press. It's all media driven hype. He also whinged like a little girl because a cheergirl said something about him! How precious can you get! He couldn't crack the Aussie team and he shouldn't have been selected in the first place.

No Clinton didn't kick your arse - Clinton, along with the rest of the Penrith Panthers team KICKED YOUR ARSE!!

You still blaming the weather???? Again you shoot yourself in the foot Cogburn because a good side can adapt to play in ANY CONDITION!! Thus proving that the roosters were not the best team. :!:

So Cogburn what you're trying to say is that the roosters are only capable of playing well in dry conditions? Why don't you go and lobby for a retractable roof to be installed across Aussie Stadium then, so you'll have a better chance of winning next season?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know what's really great about Clinton? Seeing how he makes rooster supporters such as you Cogburn and that other goose "league expert" cringe, seeing him lift up the Telstra Premiership Trophy and being picked to go on a Kangaroo Tour, as well as for City Origin. That's more achievements than your lot of front row forwards put together!!! Over-rated?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and Mr so-called self-professed "Renowned League Expert" couldn't answer this question so I'll put it to you Cogburn - What has the sydney roosters team achieved in the NRL premiership season in 2003???

Big Panther Cool said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:

What was even funnier than this is how Penrith showed how over-rated the Roosters were in the biggest game of all - the Grand final of 2003!! :lol: :lol: Seeing Fittler's face after the game, looking at the team he once called his. PRICELESS!!

As I said before, at least Clinton, Lewis & Gower made the tour. Let's look at the equivalents in the Roosters side shall we??

Ned Catic - Where was he in the Grand Final?? Played for ten minutes and had enough!!

Brett Finch - Had to resort to dirty tactics by trying to take Craig Gower out with a poke in the eye in the 35th minute. Never even came close to what Gower has achieved this season.

Todd Byrne/Chris Walker - Ha Ha Ha :lol: :lol: :lol: - Don't even get me started about THAT TACKLE, and how Walkout Walker got totally outclassed and outplayed by Luke Rooney. Had the fumbles quite a bit towards the end.

Now there's a bunch of over-rated players!! Did they make the Kangaroo Tour??? NAH!! Did they play in the winning Grand Final team of 2003?? NAH NAH!! :lol: :lol:

Poor old Rooster Cogburn has to live with months of torment and anguish as his side got beaten by a club that virtually no-one gave a chance of getting into the finals, let alone win a Grand Final!! :lol: I can probably understand why he's reacting in such a way. Must be embarrassing to have his team beaten, and not only that, being beaten by a team who he has continuously bagged througout the year, not to mention a team with over-rated players like Clinton, Gower & Lewis!! :lol: :lol:

And don't get started about the Panther Fans Cogburn. At least they never had to resort to racist comments like what you did with your comments about Rhys Wesser :evil: :evil:

You've got NOTHING COGBURN. You get proven wrong time and time again!! Give up!! 8)

What a chump you are. 5 Roosters in the Test team and 1 replacement from Penrith. 4 Roosters in the World 13 and no Panthers! Enjoy the off season, because when the new comp starts your team will slip back into it's normal position of mediocrity! :lol: I'll be laughing at you poor fools when Penrith fall in a heap, It will be very funny. :lol:

Rooster Cogburn. said:
What a chump you are. 5 Roosters in the Test team and 1 replacement from Penrith. 4 Roosters in the World 13 and no Panthers! Enjoy the off season, because when the new comp starts your team will slip back into it's normal position of mediocrity! :lol: I'll be laughing at you poor fools when Penrith fall in a heap, It will be very funny. :lol:

So What?? They're just individual players. Even the Sharks had one more player than the Panthers in the last test. Does that make Cronulla a far superior team than Penrith in 2003?? :shock: Penrith are a CHAMPION TEAM!! 8) 8) :D :D

If your "5 test players" and "4 World 13 Players" are so good - then why couldn't they beat a team with just "1 replacement test player" in the Grand Final??? Oh that's right. IT WAS RAINING AND MY SUNSILK TREATED HAIR MIGHT GET RUINED :lol: :lol: !!! You poor dear!! Now who's crying?!? :lol: :lol:

JARRED AGAIN COGBURN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've STILL got nothing mate!! We'll be laughing even harder when the Panthers will do it again in 2004. And you're going to have to go through all this torment and anguish once again!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that will be extremely funny!!

Big Panther Cool said:
Rooster Cogburn. said:

So What?? They're just individual players. Even the Sharks had one more player than the Panthers in the last test. Does that make Cronulla a far superior team than Penrith in 2003?? :shock: Penrith are a CHAMPION TEAM!! 8) 8) :D :D

If your "5 test players" and "4 World 13 Players" are so good - then why couldn't they beat a team with just "1 replacement test player" in the Grand Final??? Oh that's right. IT WAS RAINING AND MY SUNSILK TREATED HAIR MIGHT GET RUINED :lol: :lol: !!! You poor dear!! Now who's crying?!? :lol: :lol:

JARRED AGAIN COGBURN!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You've STILL got nothing mate!! We'll be laughing even harder when the Panthers will do it again in 2004. And you're going to have to go through all this torment and anguish once again!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Now that will be extremely funny!!

Penrith are one season wonders, 2004 will prove that. You have every right to enjoy your club's fluke win but as I said make the most of it because it will be short lived, nothing is surer. ;-)

Rooster Cogburn. said:
Penrith are one season wonders, 2004 will prove that. You have every right to enjoy your club's fluke win but as I said make the most of it because it will be short lived, nothing is surer. ;-)

Umm, nice attempt at a comeback but you still haven't answer my question. Allow me to retort.......

"If your "5 test players" and "4 World 13 Players" are so good - then why couldn't they beat a team with just "1 replacement test player" in the Grand Final???"

Oh and, take your time.............