What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOTM v Saints

MOTM???

• O'Davis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doogs

• Kidley

• Kennedy

• Simmo

• Parso

• Bedsy

• Perry

• A.N. Other

• Tahu

• Total voters

gnome

Juniors
I had to go for Kidley.

I was set on Doogs just shading Bedsy until I saw in the Herald this morning that Kidley topped the tackle count as well as his great kicking effort yesterday. Add to that the the burst through solo try under the posts and well......... basically he was just like joey.

antonius

Coach
Yep I went for Kidley, but gee I thought Perry again was the stand out forward, nice to see him settling down and not getting into the rubbish niggling tatics, he's a much better player for it. Daniel son, BK, Bedsey,Doogs,Tahu they all played well didn't they? Very hard to single one out. What stood out with Kidley also was his kick chase, he was first there every time, and made the tackle to boot.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
antonius said:
Yep I went for Kidley, but gee I thought Perry again was the stand out forward, nice to see him settling down and not getting into the rubbish niggling tatics, he's a much better player for it. Daniel son, BK, Bedsey,Doogs,Tahu they all played well didn't they? Very hard to single one out. What stood out with Kidley also was his kick chase, he was first there every time, and made the tackle to boot.

Kidley played well. Perry, buderus and macdougall all had blinders also.

Hey antonius, in the other forum, you disagreed with me that Kidley was the best kick chaser in the knights team. You said tahu was the best kick chaser we had. Do you still agree with that call?

It was a great game by the boys. Hopefully we continue to gel next week and hopefully make an impact in the finals.

antonius

Coach
Bring it home Knights said:
antonius said:

Kidley played well. Perry, buderus and macdougall all had blinders also.

Hey antonius, in the other forum, you disagreed with me that Kidley was the best kick chaser in the knights team. You said tahu was the best kick chaser we had. Do you still agree with that call?

It was a great game by the boys. Hopefully we continue to gel next week and hopefully make an impact in the finals.
Don't know that I disagreed as such, in fact I can't recall it, I'll take your word for it. I think Kidley is only just starting to show what he's got, I'm not someone who goes overboard on the basis of a couple of games. If I did say Tahu, (and I repeat I don't recall it) it was probably in a particular game, because I've never really taken much notice of Tahu's kick chase.

knightsgal85

Juniors
I selected Kurt Gidley, but this selection for man of the match was also closely followed by Danny Buderus & Adam MacDougall. Kurt was brilliant in both attack & defence, & topped the tackle count for the Knights with Daniel Abraham on 28. I honestly thought the entire team played extremely well, & it is really difficult to just single out one player, as they should all be applauded for their performances. Hopefully, we can back our wonderful performance against the Cowboys.

Article out of interest:

Knights hail Kurt Gidley
31 August 2003

http://www.nrl.com.au/news.cfm?ArticleID=6894

Leasha

Juniors
It was really difficult to identify one individual who truly constructed the winning formula for the Knights, because it was such a team effort. However, Kidley played so well that he could easily be mistaken for being a junior Joey :D
That said, I thought Buderus and Mad Dog played excellently as well, and that without their contribution the team would have struggled greatly

~bedsy~

First Grade
Kurt was an absolute stand out... I think Danny said it when he was quoted at nrl.com
"The thing with Kurt is that he came in and everyone was saying 'Andrew Johns is out, Andrew Johns is out' and the temptation for him was to try to play like Andrew Johns," said Buderus.

"He can't try to play like Andrew Johns, and he's not doing that.

"Kurt Gidley is playing like Kurt Gidley and he's going to be an absolute superstar.

"He's showing everyone what he can do."

Danny Buderus

The whole team played great which will give them a big boost going into the finals.