What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Much improved performance!

eel01s

Bench
Well done to the 17 players for an excellent effort tonight. Defence was excellent, we really showed commitment especially on our tryline.

We had a gameplan and stuck at it for the full 80minutes. Spread the ball wide and complete our sets.

Positives: Defence as mentioned, especially out wide. Well done to Morgan, Loko and Atkins. Attitude was great - we never took a backward step. Show this attitude for 80 minutes each week and no fan can be disappointed. Fui was a beast.

Negatives: Bit of dropsy at crucial times. Some poor last tackle options. Very poor go-forward all night. Who thought we were gone when Robson kicked out on the full?

Turning point: When Robson (or was it Maguire?) chipped ahead, St George player took out the kicker, ref was about to blow the penalty, when an Eel picked up the ball and threw a poor pass that went nowhere. Ref then ruled we had suficient advantage.

At that stage we were leading 14-6, about 2min later the Dragons were in. Had we got the penalty who knows if we would have scored a try?

ethan tremblay

Juniors
Well done to the 17 players for an excellent effort tonight. Defence was excellent, we really showed commitment especially on our tryline.

We had a gameplan and stuck at it for the full 80minutes. Spread the ball wide and complete our sets.

Positives: Defence as mentioned, especially out wide. Well done to Morgan, Loko and Atkins. Attitude was great - we never took a backward step. Show this attitude for 80 minutes each week and no fan can be disappointed. Fui was a beast.

Negatives: Bit of dropsy at crucial times. Some poor last tackle options. Very poor go-forward all night. Who thought we were gone when Robson kicked out on the full?

Turning point: When Robson (or was it Maguire?) chipped ahead, St George player took out the kicker, ref was about to blow the penalty, when an Eel picked up the ball and threw a poor pass that went nowhere. Ref then ruled we had suficient advantage.

At that stage we were leading 14-6, about 2min later the Dragons were in. Had we got the penalty who knows if we would have scored a try?[/QUOTE]

Agree 100 percent with most of that, and the bold well we would of took the 2 and iced the game pretty simple!

Swiftstylez

Bench
SHUT UP EVERYONE

WHAT A GAME!

WHAT AN IMPROVEMENT IN ATTITUDE AND DEFENCE! WE ARE PLAYING THE PREMIERSHIP LEADERS AND THEN WE SCRAMBLED AGAINST THEIR FIELD GOAL RAIDS WAS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Although some people are giving shit to Robson for his kicks, he had a hand in some pivotal plays and breaks, will only get better from here this season.

Good work Parra! We may just make the eight yet.

eel01s

Bench
The turning point was when Robson thought he could win the game for us.

I hate to be too hard on Robson, as he does try. Listening to Sterlo cringe virtually every time he kicked the ball (he did praise the few good kicks), you know he still bleeds blue and gold. Like the rest of us fans, he knows that Jeff just doesn't have the skill required to be a 1st grade halfback.

the last tackle before fulltime in extra time why didn't we set for a drop goal? it was two passes wide and the dragons defence was there so burt had no chance, why did we go wide on that tackle instead of running a forward towads the center?
Thats why robson will only ever be a below average player because when the halfback needs to organise the play ahead he goes missing. Soward had the dragons plays set 2 tackles ahead.

Kornstar

Coach
Refs got them their second try, they threw about 4 forward passes in 2 sets, then thry scored....

Hayne saved the game with his charge down but Fui kept us in it......

Can't wait to get new halves though!!!

Western_Eel

Juniors
the last tackle before fulltime in extra time why didn't we set for a drop goal? it was two passes wide and the dragons defence was there so burt had no chance, why did we go wide on that tackle instead of running a forward towads the center?
Thats why robson will only ever be a below average player because when the halfback needs to organise the play ahead he goes missing. Soward had the dragons plays set 2 tackles ahead.
Agree 100% but it does look alot different on the field, And add pressure to that it makes it hard to see

Springs

First Grade
What? It's all Robson's fault again? What a surprise from the eels fans.

Robson's kicking game was actually a lot better than usual tonight. The kick out on the full excepted obviously. He kicked away from Boyd and made good ground quite a few times. His kicks were no worse than Hayne's anyway.

The most confusing thing is that they kept going wide in their own ten metres. Why? They got nowhere.

hybrideel

Bench
They seemed to go with the game plan of running at soward all night. I have never seen a guy run away from tackles as mush as he did tonight. In saying that I do think they overdid it a bit. Rather than going wide to run at him on the first in our own 10 we should have taken 1 or 2 up the middle first so we are on the front foot when going wide

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
The turning point was when Robson thought he could win the game for us.

And he will win games for us this year Avenger.
The more confidence he has to go for things in the spur of the moment all the better for the team and he will get better as this season unfolds due to his taking matters into his own hands to win us games.
What f**king more do you want from an Eels player!

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
What? It's all Robson's fault again? What a surprise from the eels fans.

Robson's kicking game was actually a lot better than usual tonight. The kick out on the full excepted obviously. He kicked away from Boyd and made good ground quite a few times. His kicks were no worse than Hayne's anyway.

The most confusing thing is that they kept going wide in their own ten metres. Why? They got nowhere.

This

"The most confusing thing is that they kept going wide in their own ten metres. Why? They got nowhere."

It seems they were following SK's instructions to the letter.
Good on you Robbo for mixing things up as much as you could.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
yep I am proud of the eels they all tried 100% and got a good result against the dragons.

Avenger

Immortal
And he will win games for us this year Avenger.
The more confidence he has to go for things in the spur of the moment all the better for the team and he will get better as this season unfolds due to his taking matters into his own hands to win us games.
What f**king more do you want from an Eels player!
Robson sucks arse. Cannot wait until he leaves.

Parra Guru

Coach
Have a go at you guys slinging shit at Robson. He had a pretty stock standard game tonight, and he's leaving at the end of the year. FFS can't you just be happy that we matched it with the best side in the NRL with ordinary halves and a relatively inexperienced backline. McGuire also wasn't that good tonight but no one will dare criticize him because he's not an easy target like Robson.

I was really proud of the effort across the park, I just think it's funny that some people have such unrealistic expectations of certain players.

Kornstar

Coach
Have a go at you guys slinging shit at Robson. He had a pretty stock standard game tonight, and he's leaving at the end of the year. FFS can't you just be happy that we matched it with the best side in the NRL with ordinary halves and a relatively inexperienced backline. McGuire also wasn't that good tonight but no one will dare criticize him because he's not an easy target like Robson.

I was really proud of the effort across the park, I just think it's funny that some people have such unrealistic expectations of certain players.

Agreed, McGuire was ordinary last week too imo......

Our defence kept us in the game and some luck with some kicks.

I am completely happy with the result, I won't expect a performance like that for a while but a few more this year will be a start......

Wally21

Bench
If anyone asked me prior to the game, would you be happy for the boys to not give up and grab a draw, I would have said a resounding YES!

I think Kearny may have just shown us all he has a game plan too! Well done to all the boys. thought it was a great game.

mrpwnd

Bench
...I'd rather a draw than a 30+ - 0 thrashing tbh.

Looks like the knives are out even after an over achievement.