What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mueller makes 65 tackles

roopy

Referee
i just read in the Herald that Blake Mueller made a club record 65 tackles in the upset win over Canberra last week.
Keeping Canberra to 0 points must be one of the legendary efforts by any Knights team I reckon.
Canberra had scored 736 points at an average of over 40 a game till that point in the season and had scored 25 tries in their previous two games to rattle up consecutive games scoring over 60 points (64, 68).

Mueller is like Billy Peden in that he is the guy who puts his hand up to work hard when we are looking beaten.

He needs to put on another 5kg, and hopefully another 10kg, but Mueller has the right attitude for sure.

I think it was Gus Gould who said 'give me 17 Billy Pedens and i'll win a grandfinal.' Well, Blake Mueller is another Billy I reckon.

Big Tim

First Grade
Congrats to Blake, he is a workhorse, he is always the one taking the hitups off the line, always in on tackles and doing things a captain should do.

This is another man that goes to show that you dont need to be extremely talented to play league, hardwork goes a long way and he is proving it.

roopy

Referee
Mueller is going to be playing his last game of the season V Saints.

He has surgery to repair a hernia that he has had all season next week, and hopefully he will be ready for pre season training, but I suppose he will have to ease into the weights, which is a pity, because what he really needs is to spend some time and effort bulking up.
Maybe he can spend the first part of the off season just doing upper body and arm work.