What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullen makes the NSW u-19 team.

roopy

Referee
Mullen is starting 5/8 in the NSW U19 team to take on Qld in the SOO curtain raiser.
Snowden missed out because he has played more firstgrade than lower grade this year, meaning he couldn't be picked.
Ben Farrer, who played SG Ball for the Knights last season, has been picked from Parra. Ironically, he wouldn't have made the Knights Flegg side this season because both Abel and McManus are considered better than him - but is young enough to play Ball this year.

The full side, coached by Knights assistant coach Craig Miller, is:

Michael Lett (Sydney Roosters)
David Milne (Canberra Raiders)
Ben Farrar (Parramatta Eels)
Josh Morris (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Shannon McDonnell (Western Suburbs Magpies)
Jarrod Mullen (Newcastle Knights)
Todd Carney (Canberra Raiders)
Steve McLean (Canberra Raiders)
Luke Douglas (Cronulla Sharks)
Mickey Paea (Sydney Roosters)
Junior Moors (Penrith Panthers)
Daniel Conn (Bulldogs)
Blake Green (Parramatta Eels)
Rhys Lovegrove (Cronulla Sharks)
Dan Hunt (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Nathan Armit (Bulldogs)
James Aubusson (Sydney Roosters)

Johns Magic

Referee
On the topic, am I the only one who thinks Snowden was a bit rushed into first-grade?

I'd like to see them drop him back to PL or Jersey Flegg for another year or so. He doesn't look ready yet mentally.

RABK

Referee
Johns Magic said:
On the topic, am I the only one who thinks Snowden was a bit rushed into first-grade?

I'd like to see them drop him back to PL or Jersey Flegg for another year or so. He doesn't look ready yet mentally.

He certainly is nowhere near as dominant in first grade as he is in PL. He has the confidence to do that in PL but in first it's almost like he's a bit shy to rough up blokes he probally looked up to.

He has the ability, he just needs to get the confidence for first grade.

Johns Magic

Referee
Red and Blue Knight said:
Johns Magic said:

He certainly is nowhere near as dominant in first grade as he is in PL. He has the confidence to do that in PL but in first it's almost like he's a bit shy to rough up blokes he probally looked up to.

He has the ability, he just needs to get the confidence for first grade.

He had only played half a game of PL when he debuted for first-grade though. He pretty much skipped a level and was thrown in the deep end.

In fact he had only played half a season of Jersey Flegg when he debuted in first-grade.

To go from SG Ball to first-grade in the space of 15 games is a bit extreme in my opinion. He has to be able to dominate consistently at PL before he is called up. Make him hungry for the challenge of first-grade and to make an impression. At the moment he seems a bit over-awed.

Earl

Coach
Anyone know the QLD side?

Would Greg Inglis be eligable after 1 first grade game?

Spike

First Grade
Earl said:
Anyone know the QLD side?

Yuh, Todd Carney has played first grade and is in the NSW team

Inglis should be the fullback for the QLD side

RABK

Referee

No he should be right to play, i think you have to play the majority of your games in flegg or qld cup to be eligable.

roopy

Referee
Mullen hasn't played flegg this year.
I'm sure I read in the paper the other day that Snowden needed to be in Premier League this week to qualify because that would give him half his games not in firstgrade.

Spike

First Grade
Players only have to spend the majority of their games below first grade to qualify, this is all :|

Rex Banner

Juniors
Roopy!!!!!

Ben Farrar is 19 this year and could not be selected in S.G Ball. but you are right that he probably would not have picked in the centres at the knights.

roopy

Referee
Rex Banner said:
Roopy!!!!!

Ben Farrar is 19 this year and could not be selected in S.G Ball. but you are right that he probably would not have picked in the centres at the knights.
Yeah, Farrar is now considered the best centre in NSW, but he is definately not in the same class as Abel or McManus - so he wouldn't make the Knights Flegg side, except on the wing.
He is a big and hard running lad, but Abel and McManus would run rings around him in every department of the game IMO.
It has been really hard for Knights kids to get rep jumpers for the last few seasons.

Whats Doing

Bench
He is in the QLD under 19 trial this week. He will be in the QLD side as he is ripping the teams apart in QLD cup.

There is a story in the Brìsbane Courier Mail that with Billy Slater in SOS, Greg Inlis will have 5 games straight for the Storm. I suspect he will not return to the QLD Cup.

Earl

Coach
Whats Doing said:
He is in the QLD under 19 trial this week. He will be in the QLD side as he is ripping the teams apart in QLD cup.

There is a story in the Brìsbane Courier Mail that with Billy Slater in SOS, Greg Inlis will have 5 games straight for the Storm. I suspect he will not return to the QLD Cup.

Yeah, I've read the artcile. It was always Bellamy's plan to unleash him around Origin time.

And with Jake Websters form going downhill, he could grab himself a permant spot.

Also on Todd Carney, surely he would have played more first grade games then Kade Snowden?

aqua_duck

Coach
Good to see me mate Daniel Conn in there, also watch out for Junior Moors, he's a Tony Puletua/Frank Pritchard clone.

Ben

Bench
Snowden should be left in pl until we start winning games...unfortunately, this could be a very long time:cry: