What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mullo

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/kn...d/news-story/32251a6d3d16de70b0166c478434c14e

“To the best of my knowledge, none of our top 36 were at any of those parties, I think the reports aren’t accurate. I don’t know why they’re being reported. But it certainly doesn’t represent the facts,” Gardner said.

“They’ve also got the issue with Jarrod wrong. Jarrod did overdose, he did not overdose at the party, he was found at home by his family. I can only say to you again, what a tragedy for the family.”

f**k Slothfield

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Damn I hate Rupert Murdoch and every propaganda network he owns.

The article says Mullen was on a million dollars per year. It was reported in other media that he was on 25% less than that. It claimed that he is a state of origin star. The bloke played one ordinary game on 2007 and was never invited back..

The Daily telegraph, fox news etc champion sensationalism and treating alternative facts as though they are actually a part of reality.

It's quite disgusting really...

Frederick

Staff member
Uh guys, it says in that article that it was the SMH that said two current players were at the party

Alex28

Coach
Phil Gardiner has said no one in our current top 36 players were at the party.

If you get a chance to listen to his presser, it’s worth it. He’s the leader we’ve needed for a long time.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Under Wests we’ve finally found the stability we’ve been craving for a long time. The standard has been set by Phil and co, and if the players don’t get on board with setting a professional example, well there is the door.

Just to add: I too am saddened by how far Jarrod has fallen. I hope he can find his way through this.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
On a side note, several people on this forum labelled Mullen a “mental midget” due to his perceived inability to game manage during his career. I wonder if those same people will keep using that label given what they know now. I don’t know the whole Mullen backstory but it seems like there’s a possibility that he was dealing with mental demons throughout his career and would have dealt with some incredible pressure being labelled as the “next Joey” so early in his career. I hope people have reconsidered their stance on him.

newyboy

Juniors
On a side note, several people on this forum labelled Mullen a “mental midget” due to his perceived inability to game manage during his career. I wonder if those same people will keep using that label given what they know now. I don’t know the whole Mullen backstory but it seems like there’s a possibility that he was dealing with mental demons throughout his career and would have dealt with some incredible pressure being labelled as the “next Joey” so early in his career. I hope people have reconsidered their stance on him.
No.

newyboy

Juniors
Under Wests we’ve finally found the stability we’ve been craving for a long time. The standard has been set by Phil and co, and if the players don’t get on board with setting a professional example, well there is the door.

Just to add: I too am saddened by how far Jarrod has fallen. I hope he can find his way through this.
Like he has taken a stand with a guy who is drunk and hits a Taxi driver twice?

newyboy

Juniors
I would be upset as well, having gone from many Hundreds of thousand for years for doing nothing to just relying on a few hundreds of thousands per year as a result of doing nothing.

I do not feel an empathy towards him at all. He made millions when he didn't deserve it.Took some drugs to keep making millions when he didn't deserve it and got caught.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Uh guys, it says in that article that it was the SMH that said two current players were at the party

So dont report your own verified research. Quote another rags representation because they have already run the story.

Rothfield is pathetic.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
I would be upset as well, having gone from many Hundreds of thousand for years for doing nothing to just relying on a few hundreds of thousands per year as a result of doing nothing.

I do not feel an empathy towards him at all. He made millions when he didn't deserve it.Took some drugs to keep making millions when he didn't deserve it and got caught.
Did he run over your dog or something?

mozza91

Coach
Doing nothing? Get f**ked. The bloke was pretty much a cripple after the shit he put his body through for the club.

EdLondon

Juniors

Mental health is way more complex than how much money you do or don't make and weather you deserve it or not. People with poor mental health make bad choices no matter what their circumstances. Sometimes it takes spiralling out of control and hitting rock bottom to ask for or get the help you need.

I have a lot of empathy for him. In the end he is a guy whose made bad choices. Not a bad guy.

newyboy

Juniors
and also an ALLEGED DRUG Dealer in his post footy days.

What a Effing loser. I wonder if the Knights will still want him involved with the club to help him.
If they do, WESTS and the Management can go and get F'ed.

Last edited by a moderator:

aqua_duck

Coach
and also an ALLEGED DRUG Dealer in his post footy days.

What a Effing loser. I wonder if the Knights will still want him involved with the club to help him.
If they do, WESTS and the Management can go and get F'ed.
When he got caught by ASADA he refused to cooperate with the investigation, he effectively sacrificed his career to protect certain people and the cynic in me thinks that there might be some sort of link there with this new allegation

Last edited by a moderator: