What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiplayer online

mikeyboy

Juniors
I'm really surprised that this feature has not generated any discussion as this is a major selling point of the game for me. People seem much more in to the franchise mode.

If multiplayer online is a feature it is essential that time is spent ensuring that it is implemented properly. Hopefully UK players will be able to hook up to the Southern Hemisphere with no lag issues. How fantastic would be to get some online leagues going to see who the best is.

Why is noone interested in this?

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Believe me im really keen on the online modes,

For madden all i did was online..only time i touched franchise was when my net suddenly wouldnt work.

I find playing A.I to be boring after awhile.

Jordan

Juniors
I recently got adsl, and I am definitely interested in online play. I've been playing a lot of Halo 2 on XBL, and it's awesome. But an online rugby league game might even top that.. for me anyways..

I have a PS2, but I would prefer the game to be released on Xbox as well...

subsbligh35

Juniors
Perhaps it's the (un)awareness in general of how good multiplayer gaming can be.

I've just started playing Counter Strike again here and there because we just upgraded our ADSL.

Providing that I could play on a connection which wouldn't significantly stuff up and hence make the game unplayable, I would be very excited about online play.

However, as any online gamer has experienced, he who has the fastest connection wins, a lot of the time. XBOX Live and PS Online are great concepts but until there is a huge player base and a parity between connections etc, then no one will play online.

On that note, is RL2 going to be online for PS2?

bulldog

Bench
Forget XBOX Live and PS Online, I refuse to pay-to-play, if the game is playable on a network you can use XLink KAI to connect to anyone else running it, join a LAN game at a friends from home or start your own LAN game and let people join you, theres more and more people using it all the time and all you need is a small PC to run the software and a reasonable connection.

bulldog

Bench
Nope, just hate the concept of pay-to play when I've already bought the game. It's pretty similar to gamespy, but it's for consoles, no modding of hardware or software required.

Check it out at http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/

A short blurb from the site

XLink Kai is a global gaming network - bringing together XBox, Playstation 2, Gamecube and PSP users, in one integrated community. It is software running on your PC or Macintosh that allows you to play system-link enabled games online for free. Kai is the only service that is not console specific, and boasts one of the friendliest communites available.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I used Xbconnect and the thing is laggy as hell..wish they found a way to play online with non lan games.

Ive got T1 connection and normally on XBL im usually real smooth..although as of 2 days ago, im banned from xbl..time for a new xbox..

bulldog

Bench
Xbconnect was never very stable, Xlink KAI is a big improvement. With a T1 you should be hosting for lag free fun.

wish they found a way to play online with non lan games.

If a game is live only there is no way I'll buy it for multiplayer, live is a rip-off.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
cool might check out xlink...

well if your interested you can get Live for free..just gotta check out the net..i went a year with free live membership...lol.

But my luck ran out...i invested in some modding..got banned from xbl..but it was worth it, without my modded xbox...i wouldnt be able to play ESPN NFL 2K5.

Might buy a new xbox for Wrestlemania 21, nothing would beat playing online royal rumble.

Latest posts