What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine Fight

Red V Hot

Juniors
Hey!

just askin what time the actual FIGHT between mundine and echols begins. It says 7:00 on main event...is that the broadcast or the actual beginning of the fight???

RVH

Michael_Selway

Juniors
Red V Hot said:
Hey!

just askin what time the actual FIGHT between mundine and echols begins. It says 7:00 on main event...is that the broadcast or the actual beginning of the fight???

RVH

hm nto sure but i predict mundine to beat echols on points

axl rose

Bench
184109205tPJeqG_ph.jpg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
What did Mundine expect to gain by beating this guy, who was abviously outclassed.

This fight will not do too much for his reputation, and when he comes up against decent boxers like his last fight, he does not have what it takes to get over the line.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Twizzle said:
What did Mundine expect to gain by beating this guy, who was abviously outclassed.

This fight will not do too much for his reputation, and when he comes up against decent boxers like his last fight, he does not have what it takes to get over the line.
Agreed, I've got enormous respect for Sullivan's fitness and heart, but at the end of the day he's just a speed hump (albeit an extremely tough one). He's the sort of fighter that people like Mundine and Green need to fight earlier in their careers to prove that they are quality fighters and ready for the big time, but Mundine should be above fighting journeymen now and concentrating on beating genuine contenders.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
Twizzle said:

I think Mundine wanted to ease his way back and get his confidence back. He has obviously changed his style a bit and felt that by choosing a weaker opponent this new style could be implemented better and he could experiment more with it.

I think he also wanted to see how he has progressed as a fighter. He has fought this guy before and won on points but the finish wasnt as polished as this one.

Also Sullivan is a Danny Green victim and took a hell of a beating from him but wasn't stopped. Mundine stopped him. (although many think the beating he took from Green softened him up a fair bit). Maybe this is something for Mundine to gloat about. The fact that he stopped this man when Green couldn't.