What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine fight

Auckland4ever

Juniors
Never got a chance to see the fight, heard Mundine did a lot of holding. You do what you have to do to win & frustrating a guy like Echols is the perfect strategy.

There is still a lot of corruption & dodgy politics within the main sanctioning bodies & its ridiculous how many 'world champions' there are, but anyone who refuses to give Anythony Mundine credit for accomplishing what he has in such a short time deserves an uppercut. He is a good fighter in an average weight class, even so, becoming WBA champion is no small feat.

I can understand people rating Ottke as the real champion(Calzaghe for me), but if I was to bet on a rematch, my money would be squarely on Mundine.

Dont be fooled for a second on believing the hit Ottke landed on Anthony suggests he cant take a punch. Often, it isnt how hard a punch is, its where it lands. Mundine copped one to the temple, and most fighters will tell you the temple is among the worst places to get hit.

Anonymous

Juniors
And how many of the other boxers do you think were quality players at the highest level in another high profile sport, before deciding to become boxers with no recent background in it, and were competitive at the highest level within a few years?

The man is an absolute sporting freak, a rare athlete.

Michael_Selway

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
And how many of the other boxers do you think were quality players at the highest level in another high profile sport, before deciding to become boxers with no recent background in it, and were competitive at the highest level within a few years?

but if u are good at boxing, its not har dto be good at rugby league

Blade

Juniors
Michael_Selway said:
Thierry Henry said:

I'm guessing you meant the other way around, correct? either way, how so?

:?

Michael_Selway

Juniors
Blade said:
Michael_Selway said:
Thierry Henry said:

I'm guessing you meant the other way around, correct? either way, how so?

:?

yeah the other way more possibly but

main reason cause both sports (league and boxing) requires toughness and quick on your feet

truly multi talented would be Ian thorpe becomign a world boxing champ.