What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine v Geale II

bellyache

Bench
MundineAnthonybeltGealeTimBarry_lx.jpg

the champ is here
LOL! what belt is that? Toy World sells them... You can't buy respect.. Mundine does have plenty of cash though!

Spot On

Coach
SBW may pay for 'corrupt' allegation
PAUL KENT The Daily Telegraph February 01, 2013 12:00AM
Increase Text Size
Decrease Text Size
Print
Email

Sonny Bill Williams. Picture: Mark Evans Source: The Daily Telegraph

JUDGES in the Daniel Geale-Anthony Mundine fight are considering taking legal action against Sonny Bill Williams after he called them "corrupt".

The news comes as it was confirmed yesterday comments made by Mundine in the ring after the fight will be investigated, according to NSW Combat Authority boss Denis Fitzgerald.

Mundine complained bitterly after his defeat, despite all three judges - and the majority of boxing experts - saying Geale easily won the fight to retain his IBF middleweight belt at the Sydney Entertainment Centre.

As judges were tallying up their scorecards after the fight, Mundine found a Main Event television camera and said: "They rob me. They're taking their time. If I don't get this fight you know what's up. You all know what happened."

After the fight Williams posted a photo and tweeted: "Hanging out with @Anthony-Mundine celebrating a victory. We don't pay attention to corrupt judges!!"

The son of judge Ray Reed, who scored Geale the winner 117-111, called Ray Hadley's morning program on 2GB yesterday and confirmed his father was considering legal options.

Williams' comments reached a significant audience for defamation action to proceed, with more than 200,000 Twitter followers.

Mr Fitzgerald said he would wait for the report before deciding what action to take.

"We have our normal meeting next week and I will be getting a report about what has happened and just what they might be able to do or not be able to do," he said.

Williams, who will fight in Brisbane next week, will escape sanctions from the NSW Combat Authority because he is not registered as a boxer in NSW - and Queensland has no combat authority.

Fitzgerald said no action would be taken by the authority, given the judges were appointed by the IBF.

I like this line - Boxing experts say Geale won easily. Not a challenge. Far too good. Far too classy.

Poor little Sonny in a bit of bother. He'll be in a bit of Botha in his next bout too.

Last edited:

Mong

Post Whore
The hatred is as amusing as ever..

He became very very rich as a result of it as well.

I'm sure the irony of that isn't lost on him.

aqua_duck

Coach

Sure he's made a lot of money here but it's all insignificant compared to what he could've made overseas if he had manned up and fought the best.

Mong

Post Whore
Maybs.

That wasn't really my point though.

People that hate him gave him their money or at least contributed to his fortune out of hate.

I find that hilarious.

Danish

Referee
Are you another one of the "Its not gay if you are doing it for money" brigade Mong?

How does making money justify Mundine being a racist f**ktard?

Valheru

Coach

The dope wouldn?t know what the word means.

Personally I don?t care how much money he earns from us. He has more money than me, so what?

Deep down he knows he was flogged the other night and it would be killing him. That makes me smile.

dogslife

Coach
Maybs.

That wasn't really my point though.

People that hate him gave him their money or at least contributed to his fortune out of hate.

I find that hilarious.
Very true. Mundine is a great promoter, he sells his fights to his fans who are definitely in the minority, then goes about sucking the money out of the pockets of all his haters, I find it very amusing. I'm sure he'll be crying about his loss all the way to the bank

Spot On

Coach
Mundine being absolutely savaged in the media today and Geale's profile as one of our best sportsmen is growing exponentially. And all Geale has had to do is be himself and have respect for others. The sky is the limit for this bloke. No bullshit in him, doesn't have to pull the racist card, respects others, speaks with an Australian accent and not the American tone and "bra" shite others feel the need to copy. This bloke is genuine. Good luck to him.

bellyache

Bench
Mundine being absolutely savaged in the media today and Geale's profile as one of our best sportsmen is growing exponentially. And all Geale has had to do is be himself and have respect for others. The sky is the limit for this bloke. No bullshit in him, doesn't have to pull the racist card, respects others, speaks with an Australian accent and not the American tone and "bra" shite others feel the need to copy. This bloke is genuine. Good luck to him.
Youvé seen the light that's Spot On..Mundine hasn't achieved anything at the top level in any sporting arena.... If he let his achievements do the talking their wouldn't be much to talk about... His mouth is bigger than his ability and he will always be the laughing stock of 99% of the public and the sporting world. When Mundine's is 50yo and 1 of his grand children call him a wanker and tell him about their fav indigenious athelete [Danny Geale], Mundine will curl up and ...!

Mong

Post Whore
Lol

Some of you lose it a bit much when it comes to this topic..

Many Aussies do much much much worse.

A bit of perspective here wouldn't go astray..

Latest posts