What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mundine v Geale II

royce10

Juniors
Lol

Some of you lose it a bit much when it comes to this topic..

Many Aussies do much much much worse.

A bit of perspective here wouldn't go astray..

Completely agree.

Apparently, being full of yourself is worse than sportsmen who glass their missus, cheat on their missus, take drugs and spew vulgar racial slurs.

You can't blame the public though. Hating Mundine is very fashionable.

Danish

Referee
Mundane spews vulgar racial slurs almost everytime he opens his mouth in front of a microphone

BDR

First Grade
I don't hate him because it's fashionable. I hate him because he's an awful human being.

Edward

Juniors
Anthony Mundine has made a lot of money by getting people off side. But if you live long enough and have your wits about you (to a degree), making money is not that difficult.

I tend to feel sorry for Mundine instead of disliking him. I don't know what community work he does (he may do a lot with the indigenous community). It's just my opinion that he missed a great opportunity to be a young, dignified, indigenous leader. But has blown it all in the pursuit of chasing money.

royce10

Juniors
I believe Mundine we know today started as a promotional ploy. But along the way he has developed a mutual disdain for the media and maybe even the public as a result.

I view him the same way I view the news - I sieve through the bullsh1t to find my own truth. Everyone that knows him, vouches for him. To me, that beats a news article.

Mundine isn't smart or articulate by any stretch (I think everyone agrees) so anything he says shouldn't be taken seriously tbh.

Mong

Post Whore
^^ Pretty much this.

It's strange that it's only because of dumb things he says that has folk hate him with such passion, especially when most of what he says is harmless.

Yet others who do much much worse through actions don't attract the same levels of hatred despite their crimes being much much worse.

It's very strange indeed.

aqua_duck

Coach
^^ Pretty much this.

It's strange that it's only because of dumb things he says that has folk hate him with such passion, especially when most of what he says is harmless.

Yet others who do much much worse through actions don't attract the same levels of hatred despite their crimes being much much worse.

It's very strange indeed.

Personally I can mildly tolerate the self proclamations and ranting, it's kind of amusing but he crossed the line when he brought Geale's family and heritage into the argument, same as when he started insulting Arthur Beetson. Don't get me wrong I'm not a massive Beetson fan but everyone knows its very bad tastes to insult those who have passed away, and especially someone like Beetson who is such a revered figure in the Indigenous community

bellyache

Bench
Personally I can mildly tolerate the self proclamations and ranting, it's kind of amusing but he crossed the line when he brought Geale's family and heritage into the argument, same as when he started insulting Arthur Beetson. Don't get me wrong I'm not a massive Beetson fan but everyone knows its very bad tastes to insult those who have passed away, and especially someone like Beetson who is such a revered figure in the Indigenous community
At the end of the day when all the smoke clears, Mundine will be sit back and Think "I'm THE MAN a rich man that is the laughing stock of both Rugby League and Boxing and not liked by many people, played 1st grade footy at club level and Boxed for $$$ without achieving much"...

royce10

Juniors
At the end of the day when all the smoke clears, Mundine will be sit back and Think "I'm THE MAN a rich man that is the laughing stock of both Rugby League and Boxing and not liked by many people, played 1st grade footy at club level and Boxed for $$$ without achieving much"...

Or maybe he doesn't give a sh1t about what nobodies think of him. He has still beat Green, Soliman x2 and Geale. Thats quite a trifecta if you ask me.

I think his family still love him...thats all that probably matters to him. But I'm just guessing.

bellyache

Bench
Or maybe he doesn't give a sh1t about what nobodies think of him. He has still beat Green, Soliman x2 and Geale. Thats quite a trifecta if you ask me.

I think his family still love him...thats all that probably matters to him. But I'm just guessing.
Yes, Green the anorexic... [ Choc said "he would rematch Green at Greens weight" and as we all know isn't "THE MAN" of his word].. Got the split decision in his first Geale encounter but [as anyone who knows boxing, know's Geale got ripped].. Soliman may not be great but atleast he puts himself out there and doesn't run from good fights... The truth is Mundine is a big mouth myth that was made a fool of by Geale, after his big mouth rant and failed in the NRL!

bellyache

Bench
Lol..

Yeah, that's what he will think..

Haha
images

Take that bitch!

sydraider

First Grade
Lol..

Haha

LOL so now he is just a rich man who played us all for fools.

Were not some of you touting him as a world class fighter a few years ago?

Ok then, look forward to his next fight night at petersham rsl

bellyache

Bench

LOL! Hope Choc is reading this..........:lol::lol:

Mong

Post Whore

As already said, if anyone gave any of their money to him over the years contributing to his millions based on hatred then yes, your first line is accurate.

I doubt he cares what any of us think of him, nor does it appear he will he think as bellyache described earlier.

What about him makes you think otherwise?

Is he having a next fight? Surely he will retire if he doesn't get a rematch with geale, which for his own sake he should avoid.

Mong

Post Whore
Yes, Green the anorexic... [ Choc said "he would rematch Green at Greens weight" and as we all know isn't "THE MAN" of his word].. Got the split decision in his first Geale encounter but [as anyone who knows boxing, know's Geale got ripped].. Soliman may not be great but atleast he puts himself out there and doesn't run from good fights... The truth is Mundine is a big mouth myth that was made a fool of by Geale, after his big mouth rant and failed in the NRL!

:lol:

This is why i like mundine threads... angry posts like that are amusing.

Micistm

Bench
Lol..

Haha

You're right, he won't. Because he is the most up himself, disillusioned moron in sport. Ultimately he will retire in sport with a huge paypacket...it's just enjoyable when he loses because he is such a bad one, his ego cannot accept it- and it's funny to watch him go into tanty mode:lol: