What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Must be Pirates

mightybears

Bench
last sunday mail [in the article on page 93 about the stadium] said the ten names will be reduced to five on august 1

the article speculates that
stingers
pirates
titans
marlins and one other will be the five

"searle said a signifigant push for stingers has taken place this week"

salivor

First Grade
I'm warming to the grinners because what ever this guy is on must be pretty damn good.

The Pirates and to a lesser extent the Titans are woeful names. The idea in the original post would maybe have some merit if the Gold Coast were made of the kind of money that the Buccaneers are, their owner now having brought Manchester United.

Stingers gets my vote.

Sun_Down

Juniors
Grinners would have to be one of the worst names ever imo.

Up there with "Lifesavers" and other crap...just my opinion though!

Tommy Smith

Referee
It has to be either the Stingers or Stingrays. The name sounds tough and it's culturally relevant to the Gold Coast area.

How can anyone like Pirates or Titans! What next? The Gold Coast Braves? Or what about the Gold Coast Cardinals? :oops: The 49er's perhaps?

Raider_69

Post Whore
Thierry Henry said:
Guys, it's pretty obvious that GC will be fighting a losing battle if they call themselves the Pirates. They will be the laughing stock of the Pirate world. They simply have no chance of competing with Steve Prefontaine's mighty men from Coos Bay.

isnt that the dude who got pissed, tried to drive home and killed himself, as well as endanger countless innocent lives in the process?
good bloke clearly ;-)