What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mustard - Custard

ozbash

Referee
having only just got over the dogs breakfast of a 'performance'last night and the fact that robsta has probably thrown himself of the Waiwera Bridge, i feel the urge to voice my opinion of last nights game?.

MUSTARD CUTTAS

webby
martin
stace
faumuina
anderson bros
seuseu
villa
latu
lauaki
te mata
and my MOM koopu

CUSTARD

most of the backs, meli didnt do anything wrong but he never tried, utai was all over the park looking for work and meli just plodded along. he was very lucky the shoulder into utai came off otherwise he would have looked sadder.

toopi and lueluewai basically cost us the game. totally pathetic in every aspect. they wouldnt make B/C on that form.

murphy tried, but he is not in the same league, he should be in prem league for a sydney club. the hit on him by willie mason was quite amazing, ie, its amazing he got up. :lol:

lauititi once again missed the bus and only turned up to play the 2nd half. get rid of him,tell him to come back when he wants to be a warrior.

villa spent more time on the park, seu seu spent a lot on the bench,again. why ?

i agree with others that manu vatuvei should be given a shot, bring back henry,,
wtf was going thru the coaches head when he subbed stacey ? he wasnt having a good game,but wasnt having a bad one either.

i will be very glad to see the arse end of the anzac "test" , the coaches might be able to concentrate on the job..

Meth

Staff member
I thought Koopu was outstanding as well Ozbash. Vinnie Anderson and Lauaki likewise

Iafeta

Referee
As per Ozzie, with Feka's views:

having only just got over the dogs breakfast of a 'performance'last night and the fact that robsta has probably thrown himself of the Waiwera Bridge, i feel the urge to voice my opinion of last nights game?.

MUSTARD CUTTAS

webby - yes, although the first dropped ball was and absolute destroyer
martin - agree completely, looked threatening, how many other backs can say that?
stace - ran to the line, was threatening indeed. More of that, and the Stace of old is back
faumuina - Best Warriors forward on the park
anderson bros - Louis no, two bad handling errors. Vinnie compounded that with a weak tackle on Willie, aside from that though he continues to go forward.
seuseu - Not long enough on the field. Badly needs to address his fitness.
villa - As per above.
latu - As per above.
lauaki - Superstar written all over him. Couple of errors, but magnifent passion to find the line yet again.
te mata - Works hard laterally on defence, then defensively gets driven backwards. Much like him with the ball. Destroying our go forward.
and my MOM koopu - Tries hard no doubt, but, but, but, bombed a certain 6 pointer. 6 points was the difference.

CUSTARD

most of the backs, meli didnt do anything wrong but he never tried, utai was all over the park looking for work and meli just plodded along. he was very lucky the shoulder into utai came off otherwise he would have looked sadder.

Meli: Got involved early. Then drifted in and out of the game. We're far better with him though. On the Utai play, I thought he read that extremely well. I actually thought he read a lot of line defence a heck of a lot better last night.

toopi and lueluewai basically cost us the game. totally pathetic in every aspect. they wouldnt make B/C on that form.

Toopi and Leuluai: Awful. Dreadful. Decrepid. Neither are current NRL form players. Both WILL be back in Bartercard if selections are fair.

murphy tried, but he is not in the same league, he should be in prem league for a sydney club. the hit on him by willie mason was quite amazing, ie, its amazing he got up. :lol:

Murphy: Worst player on the park. Positionally he is so inept its not funny. The one where he got bundled out off Martin's offload, he needed to cut back in and give himself a chance of continuing the set of six/score a try. Cutting back into Mason instead of using his speed to dot down in the corner reminds me of all aspects of La Crosse - insane.

lauititi once again missed the bus and only turned up to play the 2nd half. get rid of him,tell him to come back when he wants to be a warrior.

Lauitiiti: The skills are still there. Doubt the committment though. Like a lot of the team, put his boots on after 68 minutes. If he can play with that enthusiasm and intent for 80, he'll be back to where he was. Its there, its a matter of getting it out of him.

villa spent more time on the park, seu seu spent a lot on the bench,again. why ?

Villa/Seu Seu: Need, very urgently, to address their fitness. If this team is any chance of a top 8 spot, without Paleaaesina in the squad, they need to swap the Double Whoppers for Vegie Burgers. 10 minutes, and then off is woefully inept and letting the team down.

i agree with others that manu vatuvei should be given a shot, bring back henry,,
wtf was going thru the coaches head when he subbed stacey ? he wasnt having a good game,but wasnt having a bad one either.

Vatuvei: Quick, strong, enthusiastic. Like Lauaki, capable of saying well to hell with the rest of yas, I want to dominate for the Warriors.

i will be very glad to see the arse end of the anzac "test" , the coaches might be able to concentrate on the job..

COACHES: Here here! Subbing Jones deserves a severe reprimand from Spiro Tsiros for the coach. Anything less is poor leadership. He should be reminded on Friday night he was coach of the Warriors, not the Kiwis. He badly had a conflict of interest.

Anonymous

Juniors
Another comment on Lauiti'iti- I certainly wouldn't drop him. He was threatening as ever last night, but jeez he's frustrating to watch. Any coach worth his salt would be drilling it into him-RUN. Every single time he gets the ball his first thought is to pass it. He almost butchered that Lauaki try last night-he made a clean line break, only the fullback (who he has 30kg on) to beat, and he went looking for support when there WAS NONE. He was very very lucky that Lauaki made such an extraordinary run to score. Lauiti'iti's first priority on getting the ball should be making a line break. He is more than capable of making a couple every game.

I think Sione is one of the only guys really playing for us, he seems really committed and he must have the biggest skill set I've ever seen. He can do all the hard work required of a prop, run wide like a centre, he has a good short kicking game and can kick goals, and he has the most vision ball in hand of anyone at the club, and pops some great balls. He's made too many errors before last night, but I admire his attitude. He was trying to the very end.

I actually thought we showed promise last night, the one major problem was we just dropped too much ball. Almost every promising move (and there were plenty) ended with a dropped ball. Also we continue to make ridiculous mistakes, such as dropping the ball at dummy half, or completely missing the opening kick-off (only Toopi could do that.) Also we shouldn't overlook the importance of a dropped ball by Lauaki with 3 minutes left. That would've given us a win against the scrum feed and great field position as well as momentum. All he had to do was fall on the ball and he couldn't do it. Those mistakes are killers.

ripper

Maybe SeuSeu isnt 100% Fully recovered? Maybe there slowly easing him back into it.

Or else hes just horribly out of shape

playdaball

Bench
Too many unforced errors - almost all players.
Defence was crap once again.
A decent winger could have a good time playing outside Martin.
I cannot be bothered talking about tthe Dogs game as our performance was crap.

Robster

Bench
Robsters custard- Most the Team
Robsters Mustard- Lauaki, Koopu, ANderson bros, Sione.

Kakihara

Juniors
After watching a replay of the game i found that if Meli had passed the ball to the left we would have scored.

The opening 10 min killed us, how the f**k Toopi can let a ball go through his legs is f**ken school boy shit.

I think the coach needs to teach his players how to tackle, how many times have i seen it where 3 guys tackle one guy yet the player is still able to move forward cause no one takes his legs out.

Iafeta

Referee
I agree Shai, and did you see Leuluai direct him to that possibility? Nope. Stacey Jones is too smart to miss an opportunity like that.

One problem is communication as well - one thing I would be doing with them at training is getting the rookies in, pad them up as defenders, and play a match type situation. Offloads, or passes close to the line only thrown if there's communication. Take the Te Mata drop, or the Leuluai drop off Latu, there was no communication, no one wanted it. Take the Murphy blunder over the sideline off Martin, Murphy should have been talking to him and telling him he was going to cut inside that there wasn't enough room.

Communication on offence is killing us.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
The opening 10 min killed us, how the f**k Toopi can let a ball go through his legs is f***en school boy sh*t.

Schoolboys would have managed to get that right.

Auckland4ever

Juniors
CUSTARD
Daniel Anderson

Confidence across the board is down. Numerous players are screwing up, getting caught out in defence & not conforming to any pattern on attack. Until Anderson manages to get this team to play with some sort of structure, we will struggle & will always find it extremely difficult to rise above slumps in form. My gut feeling is that the only thing that will change is the starting lineup, probably over & over. There wasnt any noticible difference in game plan last year when we were in a rut. It'll probably again be left to individuals on the field to try & spark a change in fortunes.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
The Warriors have been through more trying times then these. And the Warriors will be in for even more without Daniel Anderson. Here is a coach that has carried the Warriors team to the finals in every season they have played under him. And it really f**ks me off when people point the finger of blame at a coach like this.

It is the players, not the coach who have to step up and get the team out of the shit we are in.

Iafeta

Referee
Auckland4ever said:
CUSTARD
Daniel Anderson

Confidence across the board is down. Numerous players are screwing up, getting caught out in defence & not conforming to any pattern on attack. Until Anderson manages to get this team to play with some sort of structure, we will struggle & will always find it extremely difficult to rise above slumps in form. My gut feeling is that the only thing that will change is the starting lineup, probably over & over. There wasnt any noticible difference in game plan last year when we were in a rut. It'll probably again be left to individuals on the field to try & spark a change in fortunes.

I'm thinking some of this myself. Don't get me wrong, Ando has been the best thing to ever happen to the Warriors. BUT, if you look at say the Roosters, they have set play after set play creating decoys, dragging defenders out of the way, creating overlaps and most importantly a truck load of points. We only have to remember back to Chris Walker's try against us last year. Pure brilliance. When they spread the ball wide, they generally appear flat footed as if they are waiting for someone to straighten the attack, not knowing what the call is. I doubt there is a call. There's no drop in inside decoy runners when the ball does head wide to create defensive confusion, thats all you need, one split second of defensive incohesion, as the Bulldogs showed with Tony Martin's misread of Willie Mason's decoy, then you have a truckload of room to move. It seems currently, and it probably has been for a while, that its down to individual brilliance, rather than tactics and creativity.

What perhaps they may look at doing is bring the likes of a Phil Gould (without the stupid comments), someone who oversees the club and devises good sound tactics. The impact he must have had on Stuart would be immeasurable. No doubt Ando is the man as far as improving the players skillset, but perhaps he needs a Coaching Director to help him create effective tactics.

First off though, the two blokes starting up front have got to get their heads out of the McDonald's take away bags, work longer than 10 minutes and get us a decent roll on before going for a refill of a Chockie Sundae on the sideline. I remember a time when our forwards use to roll off they used to sit on the exicycle for 5 minutes - our blokes look too ro0ted to even do that.

Latest posts