What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Dogs Made Me Proud

_Johnsy

Referee
Where were the greatest myth of rugby league, dogs of war. I suppose you could say they played last night. Only if it was a war in a primary school yard over a vegimite sandwich. They were average at best last night, and they have offered nothing this year.

What a surprise rimmah could take exception with the ref, yeah for actually officiating the game.

Yet we have bulldog fans whinging about copping it online after the loss, well here is some advice, if you dont want to cop it, keep your arrogant mouths shut before the game.

Suck it rimmah, the dogs suck as much as the wooden spooners, and the other also rans in 07. After that display that may well be a good result for your "dogs of war" in 08.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
What a surprise rimmah could take exception with the ref, yeah for actually officiating the game.

Where? You complete and utter f**kwit WHERE?

Timmah

Staff member
_Johnsy said:
Yet we have bulldog fans whinging about copping it online after the loss, well here is some advice, if you dont want to cop it, keep your arrogant mouths shut before the game.

Where? You complete and utter f**kwit WHERE?

:lol: You're a deadset tool. Making sh*t up as you go :lol:

Timmah

Staff member
I said it in expectancy I could gloat on it or come under fire for it... I don't see how I or many other have whinged about copping it. That's what Johnsy seems to think.

Unlike some I'm attempting to be humble in defeat.

_Johnsy

Referee
See garts qoute, I am not going to go through all posts and find examples of doggies fans having a whinge, it ios there for anyone to see with a memory span of more than 5 minutes. As for the ref comment

Here you go princess.
Post #28, this thread
Timmah said:
@ giving someone a serve who isn't even online. In case you didn't know I live 2 hours from Telstra (on public transport anyway) and didn't get home til midnight. Considering I'm working today coming on the forums, win or loss, wasn't an option last night mate.

As for the thread angle - well done nqboy on covering all angles. Doesn't matter what a 'Dogs fan will say now, they're subject to being biased or not faithful enough.

Personally - Eels were too good. I could take issue with the referee, but that would put me at Saab's mercy.

I'm just kind of glad the season's over. Looking forward to seeing Sully in the side too, maybe he'll replace Sherwin at halfback.

But nqboy, just so you know, I will remain proud to be a Bulldog.

Rimmah on his way home from seeing the puppies of play
istockphoto_2403285_young_boy_crying.jpg

:lol: :lol:

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
I'm far more concerned about our sh*tehouse halfback and how we kept him over Thursty.

Blame guru Mortimer who gave him a 5 yr contract. Stupid decision. Almost ranks up there with Souths giving Langmack a three yr deal after 2 weeks.

You also would do well to work on comprehension - I said I could take issue with the referee, not "the referee was sh*te" or "the referee cost us the game". He did none of those things, our inept halfback, butterfingers captain and powderpuff bench did that for us.

Take "issue"...WTF does that mean then?
"Issue" that he was selected as referee for the game?

Timmah

Staff member
Saab, it means "I could formulate multiple and drawn out excuses" but the bottom line is we weren't good enough. I don't see how I can be crucified for that opinion.

Johnsy said:
See garts qoute, I am not going to go through all posts and find examples of doggies fans having a whinge, it ios there for anyone to see with a memory span of more than 5 minutes.

f**k. Gotta be more solid than that son. If you're so sure we're all here whinging about copping it, helps to show proof. I'm happy to cop it - I handed it out royally pre-game and I'm getting some of it back now. But fair is fair - if you're going to be one of them handing it out - do it right and don't talk sh*t.

Funnily enough it's not even many Eels fans handing it out - it's fans of teams like Saints and Brisbane who've, let's face it - had woeful seasons. And it was for the most part through injury too.

Dogs Of War

Coach
_Johnsy said:

Supporters of a team talking up there chances. Oh my!

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
Funnily enough it's not even many Eels fans handing it out - it's fans of teams like Saints and Brisbane who've, let's face it - had woeful seasons. And it was for the most part through injury too.

Woeful?
We made the 8 and won one less game than the puppies. ONE game.
And the Dogs didnt have half the backline of the sidelines for the final 7 weeks or so.
If the Broncos had a woeful yr, what on earth does that say for for the Dogs who were not hammered by injury like the Broncos and Dragons

Timmah

Staff member
Not hammered by injury? Granted we didn't have it as bad as you guys but come on - our full pack not together once between R17 and Finals Wk 2? Missing Mason that entire back end to R25? SBW missing week one and most of week two?

I'm still amazed we played such an inconsistent and inept season and managed to jag into week two.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Timmah said:
He came back out after sustaining a fractured arm. F**k up SSTID

You mentioned something about comprehension on the previous page. Do you know what if means?

If he indeed fractured his arm well done to the chap for coming back onto the field.

_Johnsy

Referee
Timmah you complaining about the ref, is a whinge, I am surprised something that simple needs clarification.

from dictionary.com

whinge /ʰwɪndʒ, wɪndʒ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[hwinj, winj] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–verb (used without object), whinged, whing·ing. British and Australian Informal. to complain; whine.

Hope that helps

PS

As you have asked before, if you are going to quote me, use the entire quote, do not edit it, Hypocrite.

Timmah

Staff member
Where have I complained about the ref? I'll need you to quote it for me again, because I don't recall where I have.

Timmah

Staff member
Post #49, read the line addressed to Saab. Read where I've very clearly and openly conceded only our inept performance is what cost us. Beat it up, try to bait me, rile me up all you like. Grow up.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Timmah said:
We performed well enough to make them, I think that's his point. The Tigers and Newcastle were inept most of the year tbh, what's your point?

And the dogs won one more game all year than the Tigers...:lol:

Congratulations on your 12-14 record, and your straight sets capitulation in the finals...

Goose.

Timmah

Staff member
:? It's a retaliation against the huff-and-puff idiots who support teams long-gone, laying the boot into a just-eliminated club. It's hilarious and really quite shameful on their part. Leaving the whooping and victory dances to the Eels mate.

Mr Saab

Referee
Timmah said:
:? It's a retaliation against the huff-and-puff idiots who support teams long-gone, laying the boot into a just-eliminated club. It's hilarious and really quite shameful on their part. Leaving the whooping and victory dances to the Eels mate.

Long gone? My team was gone one week ago.