What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My NRL Championship, Game Plan

ACE88

Juniors
NRL CHAMPIONSHIP

Is it time for the NRL to create an “NRL Professional Second Division Competition? Well I think “yes” it is time, and I reckon 2026 or 2027 after the 2025 World Cup, would be a good time to kick it off.

Some CONS!!

Yes, it’s going to cost money, you need Quality players and Coaches, and YadaYadaYada! That will happen as time progresses, the NRL big Wigs can sort the business side of it.

SO HERE IS MY GAME PLAN!

The new Competition could be called the “NRL CHAMPIONSHIP” (NRLC) and consist of two conferences (Eastern & Western).

As we all know Eastern clubs do not like to travel West because of cost. So having separate conference’s and a shortened season, makes good sense.

With my plan, I believe that having a “NRLC” with the Expansion and development of more Professional Clubs into new areas, will make the NRL even more stronger with a massive Supporter Fan Base with Corporate Sponsorship and a larger Television audience with even more Rugby League awareness throughout Australasia, that should bring in a very competitive lucrative Broadcasting Deal.

EXPANSION.

Club Expansion into the “forgotten” States & Territory of Western & South Australia and the Northern Territory, could represent a Western Conference.

Expansion areas which could represent an Eastern Conference. Is another NZ team playing out of Wellington. The PNG Hunters shift to the “NRLC” and also a Pacific Island team Based in Sydney. We could also see the return of the Bears representing North Sydney and NRLC teams playing out of Brisbane and Melbourne.

THE COMPETITION:

NRL CHAMPIONSHIP (NRLC)

12 x Teams

2 x Conference’s

6 x teams per Conference

2 x Full Rounds Per-Conference.

2 x Weeks Representative Break

Each Conference has a Top 4 playoffs System & Grand Final Game.

NRL CHAMPIONSHIP SUPER FINAL.

Champions West vs Champions East.

NOTE:
(NRLC SUPER FINAL to alternate the Super Final game between East and West Cities each season and played the week before the NRL TELSTRA GRAND FINAL)

THE TEAMS:

WEST CONFERENCE:
Northern Territory
Darwin Bombers
Territory Typhoons

Western Australia
Western Reds
West Coast Pirates

South Australia
Adelaide Rams
Adelaide North, Rampage (Rampaging RHINO as a Logo)

EAST CONFERENCE
PNG Hunters
Brisbane Stallions
Pasifika Islanders (Sydney Based)
Central Coast Bears (North Sydney)
Melbourne Stingers (Blood orange and black “WASP” as a Logo)
New Zealand Kings (Wellington)

MID-SEASON TWO WEEK REPRESENTATIVE BREAK:

Week 1:
Players made available for mid-season NRL Pacific Test in Sydney

Week 2:
NRLC Annual Event’s

NRL CHAMPIONSHIP ANNUAL ALL STARS GAME: (Played in Bali Annually)

“THE BIG BALI BASH!!!”
NRLC ALL STARS WEST vs NRLC ALL STARS EAST

Note:
“A Woman’s invitational All Stars Game could be added to this Event as well”.

This Annual Event could possibly become a must go to game, as we all love to Holiday in Bali. This may even become a Major Event for Bali.

Also Each Conference could hold their own version of a “MAGIC ROUND WEEKEND” (MRW) held the same time as the NRL Premiership MRW.

This could be called a “MAGIC ROUND DAY” (MRD) As an idea, the East could hold a “MRD” in a Pacific Island Nation (Branded as a annual Fan Holiday Event) and the West could have a TRI-MRD EVENTS with Perth, Adelade and Darwin each having a “MRD” each during the season.

END OF-SEASON REPRESENTATIVE TOUR

ANNUAL NRLC ALL STARS TEAM END OF YEAR, 3 x GAME TOUR ABROAD.

PROMOTION / RELEGATION.

Promotion / Relegation could start 3 or 4 years from NRLC season 1. This will give the NRLC Organisation and Clubs time to build its brand and fan / supporters base and acquire Corporate Partners and Sponsors as well as a long term TV rights Broadcasters Deal to strengthen financially for a healthy Future.

CURRENT NRL TEAMS THAT MAY GET RELEGATED:

NRL PREMIERSHIP Teams that are Relegated will still have a Professional presence through Media and Television with new marketing opportunities in new States and Cities to boost their Supporters base and merchandising.

THE PROS & CONCLUSION:

I believe that the creation of the “NRL Championship” along with the current “NRL Telstra Premiership” will propel Rugby League as “THE NUMBER ONE” most fan Supported and Television most watched Sport in Australasia, and will become a Power-House Sport throughout the World.

THE NEXT PHASE:

After 3 or 4 years of developing the Mens “NRLC” a second phase could kick-in with the development of a Professional “NRL WOMENS CHAMPIONSHIP” (NRLWC) “Eastern and Western Conferences” could begin.

Last edited:

Latest posts