What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

~My Photoshop Creations

~bedsy~

First Grade
Samwise said:
Nice work for a beginner Bedsy. Here's just a few tips for photoshop based on my limited and completely unqualified point of view.

1. Less is more, don't overcrowd things with special effects if they aren't needed.
Yeah I've noticed that abit, That's why I like the Jen one, but I'm thinking I should have just used the 2 images at the end, and not the 2 overlayed ones in the middle.
Samwise said:
2. Be careful when cropping layers. Any white or square edges stand out like a sore thumb. Zoom in heaps and take your time.
Yeah I have found that hard when I first started out as you can probebly tell from the Bo Duke one. I use the eraser now which is alot easier.
Samwise said:
3. Sample a sh!tload of fonts to find the most appropriate one. Additionaly be careful with the colour of fonts and make sure they contrast with the background. Also check the box to make the edges smooth. Off memory its under font options or something.
Yeah I do do this, I went to art school for 3 yrs, I know about contrast's, it's just that I tend to have my fave colours and fonts. Which can be a trap to fall into.
Samwise said:
4. Use lens flare sparingly. It's usually not needed.
Yeah I know, but I found it and love it hehehe. I generally use it when I get stuck.
Samwise said:
5. When pasting a cropped layer onto a background. Use the blur tool once or twice. It helps to blend the layers together. Also once your done, i like to flatten the image then blur it again. It's only fractional but makes a big difference to making it look like a single image.
Thanks for this tip, I also like to sharpen the images somethimes.
Samwise said:
6. Keep a central theme. ie don't use a bunch of different effects which really don't go together.
Yeah, I know this too. I pretty much always have a theme going when I make them.

Thanks for the tips and advice :thumb

Yeah Astro, at TAFE we used photoshop on Mac's and it's so much better than on a PC. I wish I had a mac.

Woah Bedsy, that's heaaps good!!

This is what me and my friend made when we were bored at sport.
43hrg4o.jpg

i hope it works... AND DONT LAUGH CAUSE IT WAS DONE ON PAINT!! cause she doesnt have paintshop pro. ahaha

axie

Juniors
There's some pretty good work there Bedsy, well done. Another suggestion I would make is to try and work at a higher resolution to avoid jagged edges (aa) problems. Practise makes perfect.

I use to spent so much time in photoshop, but these days I'll spend maybe 5 - 10 minutes per image doing colour and contrast balances on 3d renders ... sometimes I miss those simplier days.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Thanks.
So you can change the resoultion on the image and it won't change or stretch or anything like that? I knew you could when you scan things, I just didn't think it worked with images from the net.

les norton

First Grade
i finally got to uni so i can check out your wares..
very cool :D I am so jealous I wouldnt have a clue how to do that kind of stuff.

~bedsy~

First Grade
Thanks. I didn't have a clue either until probebly about March I think I made the Bo Duke one, and I did a course at TAFE on photoshop :lol:

I just thought what the hell you've got the program give it a go. I'm still finding new things I can do.

roopy

Referee
So - can anyone tell me the biggest differences between photoshop elements and photoshop - apart from the $1800 price difference.

I got a programme called photostudio 5.5 with my new camera, and it seems pretty simple and can do heaps - but i'm told photoshop is the state of the art - and photoshop elements is a cheap way to get many of the functions without buying the professional version.

les norton

First Grade
I like the one in your banner the best...hey Bedsy do they take much effort to make? could you make me one? :D

~bedsy~

First Grade
Yeah sure I'll make you one. Not much effort at all now. Well there is because my mouse is pretty much shot, but I don't get a new one until this weekend. But I'm still happy to do it. Give me something other than Buderus and Harry Potter :lol:

~bedsy~

First Grade
A suggestion from Les, if anyone wants any banners or avatars made let me know and I might just make one for you. I'm in graphic comps on a Hp forum, but I definatly have the time.