What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My rant on Manly/Des Hasler incident

Goddy

Juniors
Let me start off by saying I am a person who has zero respect for the Manly Sea Eagles, and it has been that way for my entire life, but you have to tell it like it is; Manly are the premiers, and you can debate about the referees at the Grand Final until the cows come home, but that reality will not change.

I have watched with incredulous eyes as Manly have taken the biggest fall one could imagine, as that fiasco with Des Hasler unravelled before our eyes. I believe it has not been described enough as exactly what it is; a massive tantrum by a board of directors that likes to hold themselves at the same level of achievement as the players themselves.

They defend themselves to the media by suggesting that they had no confidence in Hasler leading the Sea Eagles throughout 2012. The Dragons kept Wayne Bennett as their coach for well long after he announced his intention to go to Newcastle. During that time post-announcement, Bennett led the Dragons to consecutive Finals series, and his tenure as coach was ended by a golden point in extra time of a Semi Final, kicked by arguably the greatest player in the history of Rugby League.

So essentially, with that in mind, the board of directors at Manly have sent Hasler one of two messages, perhaps both: that they had no trust in him at all as coach, even after a premiership title, and/or that they really couldn't care less about keeping him post 2011, and now as a result, we hear rumors swirling in the media that some of the best players in the club are considering following him.

Let's call a spade a spade; if that eventuates, this pre-season would have been nothing but a series of massive, embarrassing clangers, caused by an arrogant, egotistical board of unmitigated morons, who should all be given the arse immediately, and if they're still around in 2012, I would openly encourage the Manly members/fans to walk down to Brookvale Oval, or better yet the most used Stadium in NSW, Telstra Stadium and hold an Occupy movement on the ground until it DOES happen.

Again I reiterate, if for nothing else but credibility, that I have never had respect for Manly thanks to their tactics on field, but now I have even less respect for them as long as they keep those f***wits on their board around. Manly needs a change of face, and they needed it yesterday.

carcharias

Immortal
Um how many games did the dragons win after Bennett
announced he was leaving...and taking Darius with him?

skeepe

Immortal
I've never been a huge fan of Des Hasler, but I sure do admire the way he single-handedly tore that club apart.

Fantastic theatre, if nothing else.

carcharias

Immortal
No comparison what so ever to manly.
Dragons crumbled severely as soon as bennett confirmed
he was chasing dollars.
Don't know what goddo is even mentioning the dragons or Bennett for.

firechild

First Grade
I'm glad we got an opinion from someone who is clearly unbiased. :crazy:

At least Manly fans place blame on both De$ and the board but the more information that comes to light the less the board appear to be at fault for what occurred. People like Goddy place all blame squarely at the feet of the club because it justifies their own dislike for the club.

DoggiesBro

Juniors
No because they arent butt hurt and call a bloke de$ cause he took less to get out of ur shambles of a club.

Patorick

Staff member
yawn.jpg

Hard to argue with that geniused statement.

=;

Do yourself a favour by learning the difference between a question and a statement.

I also see that your low intelligence spans to a poor memory. Did you forget that I made you feel guilty about sending a gay jibe my way that you went on to edit it out of one of your posts?

DoggiesBro

Juniors
Yes its me who needs help and has a low intelligence. Can anyone else please decipher this crap?

Originally Posted by Pittwater Legend
Did you some help or are you just a hypocrite?

Hutty1986

Immortal
No comparison what so ever to manly.
Dragons crumbled severely as soon as bennett confirmed
he was chasing dollars.
Don't know what goddo is even mentioning the dragons or Bennett for.

:lol: Maybe in your poor little Cronulla-loving downtrodden mind they "crumbled"

18to87

Coach
I don't know whether this is old news or what as I have not been following the story a whole lot.

Was at a function tonight where a prominent NRL media personality was the guest speaker and he said that Des Hasler was a done deal to the Bulldogs a week and a half before the grand final according to a top Bulldogs official. He named him but can't remember it.