What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Revised VB Squad..

Anonymous

Juniors
Admittidly, it is only one loss, and obviously we do have quality players injured but to me the formula for Australia isn't right.

We were lucky to beat India the first time, got hammed tonight. Don't worry about Zimbabwe they never stood a chance anyway.

Here is the team i think has a better chance of taking out the VB series.

1. Gilchrist (Is in good form, all be it his runs did come against the lesser of the three sides)
2. Hayden (Batted brialliantly tonight, the only reason AUS got to within 30)
3. Ponting (Is in poor form and in desperate need of a score, but is a class act. I doubt there is anyone who doubts he will come back)
4. Clarke (Is the future of Oz cricket. Needs to be up the order)'
5. Symonds (Dynamic player who has turned his life around in the last 12 months)
6. Katich (What can you say about this guy? He knows how to handle the Indians, and has scored big and both forms of domestic cricket)
7. Bevan (Unfortunatly he has to be there)
8. Bichel (Unfortunate not to be playing. I would prefer Bracken for this spot but he is unavailable)
9. Gillespie (Class act. Best of the Australian bowlers ATM)
10. Williams (A terrific start to a terrific bowlers career)
11. Tait (I don't care how young he is, he is GOOD, raw and anythings better than what we have at the moment)

12. Harvey

Anonymous

Juniors
Earl said:
Admittidly, it is only one loss, and obviously we do have quality players injured but to me the formula for Australia isn't right.

We were lucky to beat India the first time, got hammed tonight. Don't worry about Zimbabwe they never stood a chance anyway.

1. Gilchrist (Is in good form, all be it his runs did come against the lesser of the three sides)
3. Ponting (Is in poor form and in desperate need of a score, but is a class act. I doubt there is anyone who doubts he will come back)
5. Symonds (Dynamic player who has turned his life around in the last 12 months)
6. Katich (What can you say about this guy? He knows how to handle the Indians, and has scored big and both forms of domestic cricket)
8. Bichel (Unfortunate not to be playing. I would prefer Bracken for this spot but he is unavailable)
11. Tait (I don't care how young he is, he is GOOD, raw and anythings better than what we have at the moment)

12. Harvey

So wait a minute, Gilchrist is in good form since he scored ONE century, (albeit a massive century), yet ponting is in poor form after a couple of failures despite his track record in the matches previous? Get with it mate.

Anonymous

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Earl said:

12. Harvey

So wait a minute, Gilchrist is in good form since he scored ONE century, (albeit a massive century), yet ponting is in poor form after a couple of failures despite his track record in the matches previous? Get with it mate.

Don't tell me to get with it buddy. Its quite obvious Ponting is in decent touch but he is struggling in the ODI format of the game (which is entirely different to test match cricket). Gilchrist scored a huge century against Zimbabwe, when Ponting had the same oppurtunity. But how many did he score?

I think if you look at the ONE DAY INTERNATIONAL stats you'll see how wrong you are.

Anonymous

Juniors
Apologies sir, I will say if gilchrist is in decent touch then so is ponting, and vice versae re out of form however. Neither had been outstanding before the zimbabwe match when Gilly got his tonne. However both had averages over 40 in the last one day series TVS cup or whatever. I didn't realised Gilly had performed quite so well.

My point is judging form on the vb series alone is, imo pointless.

Aplogies again, the Bevan comment incensed me ;)

Anonymous

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Apologies sir, I will say if gilchrist is in decent touch then so is ponting, and vice versae re out of form however. Neither had been outstanding before the zimbabwe match when Gilly got his tonne. However both had averages over 40 in the last one day series TVS cup or whatever. I didn't realised Gilly had performed quite so well.

My point is judging form on the vb series alone is, imo pointless.

Aplogies again, the Bevan comment incensed me ;)

:lol: Don't worry about me either, I've never been so pissed of with an Australia team. They have no will power what so ever.

Martyn deservedly cops most of the slak, but Bevan gets the rest :lol: