What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My team for next week

Albo

Juniors
Hodgson
Petherbridge/Collis
Harrison
Elford
Moodie
Fitzhenry
Prince
Sattler
Grahame
O'Neill
Skandalis
Farah
Gibbs

Wilson/Lima
Halatau
Senter
LaFranchii

steven_tiger

Juniors
hmm. not bad.

mine would be, however:

1. hodgson
2. moodie
3. elford
4. wilson
5. covell

6. fitzhenry
7. prince

8. gibbs
9. senter (c)
10. skandalis
11. graham
12. oneill
13 sattler

14. farah
15. viane
16. laffranchi
17. payten

18. heighninton

wont happen... but we can dream.

simon says

First Grade
How about this one????

Hodgson.
Covell(and kicker)
Elford
Fitzy
Moodie
Reynolds.....on his last chance I reckons...
Prince
Sattler
Gibbs
O Neill
Payten
Farah
Skandy
Reserves.....Lima,Wilson,Halatau,Laffranchi.

steven_tiger

Juniors
completely dropping graham ? i thought he was one of our better players last week and hasnt disappointed me in any games this year.

i couldnt find room for reynolds. he might be a better 5/8 then fitzhenry.. but he isnt showing it.

same with halatau... couldnt find room. good young player, and one for the future, just needs a run in reggies to get his confidence back. didnt seem to have any last week.

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
simon - you are being awfully charitable giving Reynolds another last chance - but I personally could not do so!

This is a game we should win - and in fact we must win - and we cannot afford his prima donna nonsense and handling errors when we are in attacking positions!

He poses too big a risk for mine!!

simon says

First Grade
Well who do you replace him with?????Fitzy?????Buettner???

Atm I cant see any other options rather than giving him another go.

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
But if that is the case simon - you are suggesting regardless of how he plays he will be there the next week and the week after merely on default because we have no other f**king options!!

So you saying it's a "last chance" is just bullsh*t!

Reynolds is not a first grader!

I would rather Fitzy - as stated previously our kicking game was more incisive last year with him there than it was on sunday! Or Farah - or even a converted back-row forward (Graham - Galea or Satts for example)! Someone with a no mistake game who can play as a link between Prince and the backs would be preferable!!

I read elsewhere someone saying Graham is the dud buy of the year - I would say it's Reynolds with daylight second!!

westie

Bench
Snide the Tiger said:
simon - you are being awfully charitable giving Reynolds another last chance - but I personally could not do so!

This is a game we should win - and in fact we must win - and we cannot afford his prima donna nonsense and handling errors when we are in attacking positions!

He poses too big a risk for mine!!

I havn't seen the game properly but the only time I noticed handling errors was when Prince chucked the ball to his feet.

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Prince did have a very ordinary game - but Reynolds did little to relieve the pressure on him!

Running on the last in impossible situations and short-kicking in our own half were other features of his game that hurt us badly!

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
We were not getting hammered with a minute to go before half time when Reynolds ran the ball in a ridiculous situation (with the score at 10-6)!

We gave up possession in good field position for the Saints and they scored seconds later - again meaning the team conceded a try just before half-time and went in with our tails between our legs at 16-6!!

We never recovered - and that f**king stupid option proved a major turning point!!

You don't play catch up with 41 minutes on the clock and only a four point deficit to overcome!!

Forget the apologist bullshit - the kid is just not up to top grade standard!!!

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Both are better options!!!!

I just watched the replay again during my lunch break at the Club - and with 8 minutes to go in the 1st half we were 6-all!!!

Two bad options and we were 16-6!!!

Bob - your contention that it was all in order to get back into the game are bullsh*t!! That is simply not the way it "pretty much happened"!

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Plus - our greatest problem last year was giving up points in the five minutes prior to and after the half!!!

We allowed two in the 1st half and one in the second within that time-frame!

We cannot afford that - and when it can be attributed to our own mistakes while in possession - we need to get our attack into some sort of order!

Reynolds has been the lynchpin behind these abominations and must pay the price!

bonstonker

Juniors
i was critical of withers last year because of his poor options and execution.and reynolds has been no different.

if micky b is actually ready for the manly game,i wouldn't be surprised to see him become our 4th 5/8 for the year.

i would try reynolds at half as a distributor and have prince the playmaker at 5/8.
i think we will get more out of prince and less mistakes from ben.

thank god he is at least making his tackles.

Snide the Tiger

Juniors
Despite Prince having an off-day with the boot - he is playing solid football!!

The common problem with both Withers and Reynolds is their need to overplay their hand and go for the miracle play (more often leading to a cheap turnover)!!

We need blokes who can keep their head for a full 80 minutes!!

SouthernTiger

Juniors
Im with Snide here I think Reynolds has been bloody useless. Reynolds seems completely unable to run straight. He constant drifts making him a bloody easy target

Though my concern is far more with our lack of go foward. The reality is that problem, apart from dropping Patto, is pretty much unrectifiable. We simply dont have any big forwards in the club.

In regards to 5/8th I like the idea of fulton that yappy suggested but cant really see it happening. Otherwise we really have nothing. If Kerr gets fits with the Maggies he is definately a condsideration in my book because in regards to ability he sh1ts all over Reynolds. For one he knows how to direct his big men through traffic, which has been a big problem for us this year. From all reports he has been going well for the Maggies. Scoring a few tries here and there. Which is something our current halves arent really capable of.

Im actually with Sheens I dont want to see Marshall at 5/8th this year, especially now with his injury.

As for Buettner - no way. Our form improved dramatically last year when Buettner got injured. he is a liability in both attack and defence. If people are waiting on him to be our saviour than we are in trouble.

These are the options I think we have. Maybe Fitzhenry as well but in my view it has been shown that he isnt the answer by now.

just a few random thoughts

cheers

s. tiger

Latest posts