What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NABULI thank you for the memories.....

TheRev

First Grade
I wouldn't at all be opposed to moving Nighty out to the left wing and having Farrell on the right alongside Aitken.
No No No No No!!! Flo is a Right Winger or fullback at a pinch, they picked him for NZ on the left and just lacks his class touches/finish, im sure the Dragons did it at one stage too and it was a disaster.

In any case Nabuli has been our weak spot all season, hes good in the air but everything else is meh... there are a number of players we could pick for left wing, but they all carry risks too.. Glymin/Cranston are 'absolute' rookies and will be tested constantly, Runciman isnt the worst choice but not going gr8, Hunt is going gr8 at fullback, but im assuming hes also our backup fullback for Dugan so dunno..

But Farrell.. he is far worse than Nabuli at bombing a certain try.

saints4me

Juniors
I agree that he's not first grade standard. He always seems to drop the ball when he gets hit hard, doesn't run hard enough out of our end, and just in general doesn't offer much of a threat... he's not real quick or evasive, doesn't use his strength enough. I know we save a lot of money without B Moz, and he's world class but the difference is obvious.

I think he's a bit of a liability at the moment to be honest. I always get nervous when he touches the ball

What?

There's so much wrong with this I'd suggest you watch the game again. Nabuli hits with as much impact taking the ball up as he can being a winger. The Moz's also weren't particularly spectacular either yesterday. JMoz has lost some of his pace in my opinion & BMoz just back from a layoff.

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal
What?

There's so much wrong with this I'd suggest you watch the game again. Nabuli hits with as much impact taking the ball up as he can being a winger. The Moz's also weren't particularly spectacular either yesterday. JMoz has lost some of his pace in my opinion & BMoz just back from a layoff.

Brett Morris was excellent, a threat every time he touched the ball. Nabuli offers no threat with ball in hand and is a woeful defender.

FlameThrower

Bench
Farrell has heaps more experience and is solid in defence, attack is not so good. Meanwhile the forum whipping boy Green not even mentioned, at least he has some speed and out of the 3 mentioned may be best compromise?? Nabuli is just to raw, will need at least a fullseason and mentoring and in comparison to the other Fijian flyers has the least natural ability and outright speed?

BennyV

Referee
Farrell has heaps more experience and is solid in defence, attack is not so good. Meanwhile the forum whipping boy Green not even mentioned, at least he has some speed and out of the 3 mentioned may be best compromise?? Nabuli is just to raw, will need at least a fullseason and mentoring and in comparison to the other Fijian flyers has the least natural ability and outright speed?

Not gunna happen Nathan!

Straight-faced though, Green has been (rightfully) moved to second row this season, not an option for the wing.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
One thing for sure is they better lock in NIghty as we can't lose another class winger.

If you gonna hang Nabuli after that performance then you would have done the same for Creagh after his performances on the wing. Too early to hang him for a few bad reads and it is only his first season on the NRL. I am sure he will learn from that. Farrell was leathal at Souths on the wing, he is a better winger than centre.

Saints have no speed. I can't see them scoring any long range tries this season as if they make a break they will be run down. We lose that without Soward and BMoz. Is Glimin fast? We need some speed in teh backline.

There is no doubt Morris would have scored in those first 5 minutes when Nabuli gets bundled into touch. Agree he also has very ordinary hands at times. His knee has been heavily strapped for some time now which has obviously affected his pace or lack thereof

Minh

First Grade
I don't think he's 100% fit, the guy is not slow. He is still a bit raw but has the potential, he's played some good FG games along with some bad ones.

possm

Coach
For me it's Nabuli off to the Cutters and Hunt to replace him on the left wing.

Nabuli needs to spend more time developing his skills.
Hunt is in outstanding form with the Cutters.
Farrell was the weak link of the right and the problem was solved by replacing him with Aitken.
Ruciman was given a chance on the left wing but did not take it with both hands.
Duffty and the two Cutters wingers lack the nessary experience at this stage of their career.

blacksafake

First Grade
He showed some pace yesterday to catch Mybe from the kick especially as Mybe was 2mts offside as well.He does worry me at times, but at the chance of upsetting people so has Nighty with some of his defensive reads lately.Having Peter M inside Nabuli probably doesn't help much as he can also be a bit iffy as well.I would stick at the moment but should there be no drastic improvement in this department then i would go for Farrell.

I wouldn't mind swapping him for Semi though isn't he an x factor.

BigH

Juniors
I think that our streak of wins has kinda taken the focus off him, from now on every team we play will be targeting him, he may be ok in some games but every point will count and every mistake will be costly, the risk is to great.

Great story though but he is just not up first grade standard and that is no reflection on the man himself, he has cone a long way, but maybe first grade is beyond him at the monent

saint_jus

Bench
What?

I'm not just talking about yesterday.. I'm talking over the season so far. Hes so big but barely makes an impact when he hits the line.. as if you cant see that. Not only that but he offers little in offence. He just catches and runs, no step/evasiveness, has no game smarts/awareness for a winger.

I'm not trying to criticise the guy too harshly but I just dont think hes up to it. Not yet anyway

dungay dragon

Juniors
I'm not just talking about yesterday.. I'm talking over the season so far. Hes so big but barely makes an impact when he hits the line.. as if you cant see that. Not only that but he offers little in offence. He just catches and runs, no step/evasiveness, has no game smarts/awareness for a winger.

I'm not trying to criticise the guy too harshly but I just dont think hes up to it. Not yet anyway
Spot On
We need someone like a James Roberts !!!!
Absolute flyer finisher and match winner
Fearing his asking price could be getting to the ridiculous stage though

matPORTS

Juniors
I think that our streak of wins has kinda taken the focus off him, from now on every team we play will be targeting him, he may be ok in some games but every point will count and every mistake will be costly, the risk is to great.

Great story though but he is just not up first grade standard and that is no reflection on the man himself, he has cone a long way, but maybe first grade is beyond him at the monent

This...

With the Roosters up next, and looking back to their clash against the Storm last week, they peppered the left side of the Storm defense and put a massive score on. You can bet the mortgage this will be the game plan for them against Nabuli.

I can stomach (albeit barely) a loss yesterday against a side clearly desperate to avoid losing touch with the eight. But they were equally ripe for the picking yesterday.

Once again, Mary has a tough decision to make.

bottle

Coach
Justin Hunt is a downgrade on Nabuli if his performances last year are any indicator.

Just think about that for a second.

His performances last year aren't any indicator.
He was with Parra last year, doesn't count. They could shitify gold nuggets.

gonz

Juniors
For me it's Nabuli off to the Cutters and Hunt to replace him on the left wing.

Nabuli needs to spend more time developing his skills.
Hunt is in outstanding form with the Cutters.
Farrell was the weak link of the right and the problem was solved by replacing him with Aitken.
Ruciman was given a chance on the left wing but did not take it with both hands.
Duffty and the two Cutters wingers lack the nessary experience at this stage of their career.

Hunt is a finisher, he never let the rabbits down

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Hunt is another 26 year old winger who hasn't yet cemented a FG spot in the 3 NRL clubs his been with.

If we were no chance of making the semis, 'd be blooding someone like Isacc Thompson or Dufty, but because we are a chance of doing something this year, we pretty much need a solid left winger with some experience, so it probably will have to be Hunt or Runciman. Farrell looks to have put on too much weight and looks very slow.