What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Napa sin bin

What should the refs have done?

• Send-off

Votes: 39 36.4%
  • Sin-bin

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • On report and penalty

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • Scrum to roosters

Votes: 33 30.8%

• Total voters

Life's Good

Coach
Napa’s tackle was definitely that but so are about 20 other tackles each week with no binning(probably more when the neck is taken into consideration).
Very strange.

Billythekid

First Grade
It's a tough call. On the one hand head clashes are never really a sin bin.

On the other hand though Napa was going to that tackle totally recklessly and had little control over where he was going to hit with his head or arms. If you go in reckless and knock a player out like that does it really matter if it was your head, should or arms? If you take a dangerous risk like that and it doesn't come off there's a good chance you'll be in trouble. Whether the head butt was intentional or not doesn't really matter. High tackles are never really intentional, doesn't mean they shouldn't be punished.

I'm still torn on how I feel about it. It certainly felt weird seeing someone sin binned for a head clash but I understand it.

Slackboy72

Coach
napa.jpg

TheVelourFog

First Grade
SECTION 15
PLAYERS MISCONDUCT

1. A player is guilty of misconduct if he:
(b) when effecting or attempting to effect a tackle makes contact with the head or neck of an opponent intentionally, recklessly or carelessly.

Discuss...

fine, but how many of those every week are simply penalties and put on report?

all of them