What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown announced as coach

Frederick

Staff member
I'm not saying this to relate it to Brown in any way at all, but...

Stephen Kearney.

Can't compare the two. Brown has runs on the board and titles to his name. Kearney had nothing but his apprenticeship at the storm

Knight Vision

First Grade
I hope he is a superstar and brings the young players games to the next level, turns around our fortunes and makes the 8 first year and improves every year thereafter.

God knows I've had enough of losing.

Rothfield reporting Levi is very much In Brown's plans and TBH we are probably best starting him and developing Feeney over Farah. Farah will be 32 before kickoff and it just makes little sense to hold back the kid I see as the future NZ dummy half. Levi will be head hunted big time after his next deal expires. I hope Brown has the money to buy a real barnstormer front rower. We are one prop and strike centre from top 8 footy. As much as Farah would give us direction it will be for three years tops. Brown's ability to make young players thrive we have to back.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Rothfield reporting Levi is very much In Brown's plans and TBH we are probably best starting him and developing Feeney over Farah. Farah will be 32 before kickoff and it just makes little sense to hold back the kid I see as the future NZ dummy half. Levi will be head hunted big time after his next deal expires. I hope Brown has the money to buy a real barnstormer front rower. We are one prop and strike centre from top 8 footy. As much as Farah would give us direction it will be for three years tops. Brown's ability to make young players thrive we have to back.

Levi is like 18, he cannot be expected to play 80 minutes every week....

And Farah being 32 is actually a good thing; the has a used-by-date. Levi can learn from the incumbent NSW Rake, knowing that the 9 jersey will almost certainly be his in 2-3 years time.

(Hell, we could even start with Levi and play Farah off the bench, as Bedsy did in the ESL)

Money is the only real obstacle, but given the tigers will be paying a good chunk the value for money will be fantastic.

Danny is 21. Let me just put it this way. Are you going to be happy when a club offers Levi a massive deal and he walks because he is a bench hooker behind a 34 or 35 year old? as much as it would be great to see Farah here, it is a risk, and when I say risk I mean the ego of a talented kid being held back knowing full well he could start at most other clubs in the 9. We will look dumb if Levi is still a bench hooker at 24 and i don't see him having it personally. Farah retires and we are potentially left with nothing! It is a double edged sword having a super talented player being brought through by a veteran. Why develop these kids only to encourage other sides to manipulate their standing in the game to suggest we are holding them back. They will do it. They have been for years.

Bird and Tupou went to Cronulla cos Hagan was F'ing useless and never had a clear pathway to First Grade for them. It was not money as many think. It was Chris Anderson being clever and seeing we were naive.

Last edited:
Whatever. The point is still the same. I see it as a potential massive backfire but happy to be wrong. Farah is a super player but it is going to be a hell of a job for Brown to keep both happy. Levi's talent might also make Farah a bit gun shy. Never got why Ennis bothered him. Farah is far more talented.

Shenry4

Juniors
Farah's better then Levi.

6. Mullen
7. Hodgkinson
9. Farah

14. Levi

How about we stop bullshitting each other about players potential and actually have a go in the next year or two?

Yosh

Coach
I doubt we'll be playing Farah as a starter in two years time... Levi will still only be 21 by then. I can't see how signing Farah on a massively discounted deal could be bad...

On Sterlo's Fox show Browny has conceded Farah is highly unlikely due to us having three dummy halves and also Farah is not keen to leave Sydney.

Spot On

Coach
Loving Brown already. He knows what he is talking about and Newy will have a completely different style of attack under him. Just hope he can do something with the defensive issues.

DRAGONS2016

Juniors
Not a Knights supporter, not by a long shot, but I must say I think you guys have picked up one very good coach. Nathan Brown has no done the rounds and I think he will be able to take a decent team to a premiership. Would have him back at the Dragons in an instant.

Some rumours circulating Warren Smiles has been sacked by Club. Apparently Browny has been very affirmative he wants change from top to bottom. If this is true we may have found the ruthless coach we have needed for a very long time.

Burwood

Bench
Some rumours circulating Warren Smiles has been sacked by Club. Apparently Browny has been very affirmative he wants change from top to bottom. If this is true we may have found the ruthless coach we have needed for a very long time.

Life membership last week, sacked this week. :crazy:
Next target, Hagan. :pray: