What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown Sacked

Dragon David

First Grade
The Warriors have "sacked" Nathan Brown to take effect immediately on the basis that Brown is not wanting to spend time in NZ long term as part of his deal. The caretaker coach is Stacey Jones.

According to the Telegraph, St Helens and Tonga coach Kristian Woolf has also emerged as a leading contender to replace Brown from 2023 while Panthers assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo is understood to not be interested in the Warriors job.

Jones will also have the remaining rounds to prove he deserves a shot long term.

Paul Kent told NRL 360 on Monday that it seemed like Brown was essentially walking away without officially resigning.

So poor old Browny is out on a limb and all I can say is all the best to him.

There goes Brown and Barrett. Two former Dragons guys, and don't forget our friend Mary McGregor which doesn't bode well for some future ex Dragons players taking on full time head coaching jobs.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Good man Brownie and a very honest human. You can’t blame him for thinking of his family first, whom still live in the Shire and attend school there.
Warriors are a basket case and even Gus didn’t stick around…….
Brownie would be a great pick up at our club in talent identification & development……especially when Flanagan moves along into coaching again.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Bottom line , is he really any good as a coach? As it see it and I think it’s a real problem in the NRL there is only about 6 top coaches and they are at the top and wealthiest clubs and there in lies a problem in that every year basically only 2 of the top 8 are going to change.
the wealthiest clubs are where the majority of the top players play. Not even a team of Bennett, Bellamy and Robinson could turn the Warriors around with that roster.

FlameThrower

Bench
Warriors, Bulldogs and Tigers are not clubs worth looking at. All have massive issues from the pitch to the boardroom. Players don’t care and massive cultural issues. We have heaps of issues at the Dragons, but in comparison we are doing OK.
Brown took on a basket case during Covid and the Warriors never recovered. Feel sorry for him.

blacksafake

First Grade
The Warriors have "sacked" Nathan Brown to take effect immediately on the basis that Brown is not wanting to spend time in NZ long term as part of his deal. The caretaker coach is Stacey Jones.

According to the Telegraph, St Helens and Tonga coach Kristian Woolf has also emerged as a leading contender to replace Brown from 2023 while Panthers assistant coach Cameron Ciraldo is understood to not be interested in the Warriors job.

Jones will also have the remaining rounds to prove he deserves a shot long term.

Paul Kent told NRL 360 on Monday that it seemed like Brown was essentially walking away without officially resigning.

So poor old Browny is out on a limb and all I can say is all the best to him.

There goes Brown and Barrett. Two former Dragons guys, and don't forget our friend Mary McGregor which doesn't bode well for some future ex Dragons players taking on full time head coaching jobs.
Is Dean Young next failure in line.

Dragon David

First Grade
Is Dean Young next failure in line.
We will just have to wait and see. The success rate of ex Dragons players being successful head coaches in the NRL isn't terrific at all. As assistants they haven't been too bad I suppose (Fitzy and Ryles standout) and Dean Young seems like he is having a great year at the Cows.

The record books show that many ex players turn out to be head coach premiers. The Dragons really haven't had much success with their players changing hats and becoming premiership winning head coaches. I can't think of any.

George Sancti

Juniors
We will just have to wait and see. The success rate of ex Dragons players being successful head coaches in the NRL isn't terrific at all. As assistants they haven't been too bad I suppose (Fitzy and Ryles standout) and Dean Young seems like he is having a great year at the Cows.

The record books show that many ex players turn out to be head coach premiers. The Dragons really haven't had much success with their players changing hats and becoming premiership winning head coaches. I can't think of any.
I think Jack Gibson may have been a second grader for St George, but I stand to be corrected if I am wrong.

Latest posts