What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown Sacked

Dragonslayer

First Grade
IMO,

Jones will be very heavily assisted and will be the next Warriors coach. He's what encompasses being a Warrior player and has obvious cultural knowledge. It's a very hard move for a coach to uproot their family to another country, so a 'local' seems more logical now that they are finally going home.

Long delay in seeking a HC for the Bulldogs only leads to Gould wanting Fittler. Just waiting 'till after the SOO series before announcing, maybe!

That leaves the poison chalice which is the Tigpies. I can't see Flanno really being into that group of players, and I think new blood is where they will look. My bet is that they'll chase CC or JR for the job pretty heavily.

Again, these are just my opinions.

As far as Flanno goes, I think he has stated a few times now, his current 'roles' suit him and his family, for the time being.

redv13

Bench
IMO,

Jones will be very heavily assisted and will be the next Warriors coach. He's what encompasses being a Warrior player and has obvious cultural knowledge. It's a very hard move for a coach to uproot their family to another country, so a 'local' seems more logical now that they are finally going home.

Long delay in seeking a HC for the Bulldogs only leads to Gould wanting Fittler. Just waiting 'till after the SOO series before announcing, maybe!

That leaves the poison chalice which is the Tigpies. I can't see Flanno really being into that group of players, and I think new blood is where they will look. My bet is that they'll chase CC or JR for the job pretty heavily.

Again, these are just my opinions.

As far as Flanno goes, I think he has stated a few times now, his current 'roles' suit him and his family, for the time being.
Maguire: Warriors
John Morris: Tigers
Fittler: Dogs

Dragon David

First Grade
Three failed coaches and a guy that was banned from coaching due to dodgy practices. What can go wrong?
Gee all this coaching drama, when will it end? Will Hook even be our coach in 2023 if he only wins a couple more games this year? Will they pay him out for 2023 and we get a replacement - who? There is that likelihood of happening. On the other hand, he wins more than half of the games we have to play and we make the final 8. Will they extend him further? So many possibilities but probably it will be Hook to the end of 2023 and Deano coming back for 2024.

I cannot see anyone else on the horizon - certainly not Barrett, Brown, Madge and Flanno. It is going to be Deano, Benny and Soward. Well that is my prediction, good, bad or indifferent.

possm

Coach
With Brown declaring of Fox last night that he no longer want to be a head coach, I think it's time he came home and becomame our assistant coach (defense).

Barrett would make a good assistant coach (attack) so it's time he came home as well.

And finally, I'd like to see Flannagan as our next head coach with all to be appointed first week in July.

Dragon David

First Grade
We all have our wish list(s) of who we should get as players and who as coaches. We have been doing this since our failings started in 2012. If possm had his way we would have every Tom, Dick and Harry of players and coaches sitting in the foyer of the Taj ready, willing and able. He has his agendas which is great just like we all have.

Our overall squad intake over the years have been varied - good, bad and indifferent. Coaches have been rubbish to so so.

We generally have been a basket case for the past decade on revision. There have been several great highlights and so many lowlights.

I am waiting for the day when we will have a decade of yearly success measured by being in the top 4 without fail. Any chance of this happening? Send your emails to me via dragondavid@heavensmail.uni

matPORTS

Juniors
I loved Browny's interview on NRL 360 last night. No nonsense, and I'm sure the family reasons for him not wanting to continue in the job are genuine and not spin.

No doubt the guy has matured as a coach over the years. He's inherited two very tough jobs in more recent times, and I dont think anyone can honestly say that either Knights or Warriors won't be better off for the longer term having had him in charge.

It's also a very mature decision from him to not want to take another head coaching gig.

I say come home Browny - Junior Pathways and Development Coach/Manager... there would be no better bloke for the job imo.

st.phil

Bench
I loved Browny's interview on NRL 360 last night. No nonsense, and I'm sure the family reasons for him not wanting to continue in the job are genuine and not spin.

No doubt the guy has matured as a coach over the years. He's inherited two very tough jobs in more recent times, and I dont think anyone can honestly say that either Knights or Warriors won't be better off for the longer term having had him in charge.

It's also a very mature decision from him to not want to take another head coaching gig.

I say come home Browny - Junior Pathways and Development Coach/Manager... there would be no better bloke for the job imo.
100%

Coffs dragon

Bench

110% and I’d be happy for Brownie to oversee either Jason Ryles, Dean Young or Ben Hornby as our Head Coach from 2024, once their external work experience & apprenticeship is complete. He would be a great mentor and help the pathways and development of younger players into the RedV.
I’m certain he is still good friends with Peter Doust and seem to recall Dousty may be a Godfather to one of Brownies girls.
Time to Bring him back home.

qld redvee

Juniors
I think browny would be a great pathways manager and roster list manager ( see ya shane) and yes have him give input to coach. He certainly knows what positions need strengthening outside the current roster . His interview on 360 was honest and should have most teams thinking about him . I just hope our management are thinking along the same lines that we are

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
With Brown declaring of Fox last night that he no longer want to be a head coach, I think it's time he came home and becomame our assistant coach (defense).

Barrett would make a good assistant coach (attack) so it's time he came home as well.

And finally, I'd like to see Flannagan as our next head coach with all to be appointed first week in July.
No thanks Mate. We've been there and done that, and it didn't work. Not sure why you think he'll make a good defensive coach. It's not like the Warriors defense has been anything to strive for.

I liked him as a player, but he was almost as frustrating to have as a coach as McTeflon and Chinless. (almost!)

Illusion

Bench
No thanks Mate. We've been there and done that, and it didn't work. Not sure why you think he'll make a good defensive coach. It's not like the Warriors defense has been anything to strive for.

I liked him as a player, but he was almost as frustrating to have as a coach as McTeflon and Chinless. (almost!)
Just my opinion , I think the next St George boy to coach will be Mr Youngs son Dean ..... Not that I would want that .....

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Watching these footy shows and what they are looking for. I can guarantee if one Brian Smith was may be 10 years younger 3 clubs would be banging on his door to get the club in shape and then ship him out after 2 years when Brian may become overbearing. Say what you want about him I and many of my friends non saints supporters think he was one of the best coaches. Just couldn’t get lucky on the final day. Not sure what it worth but even Kent paid some credit to him. I know Gus would have had him at the dogs today if he could. People who rate Robinson should listen to what he thinks about smithy

TruSaint

Referee
Quality fella.

One of my fav players of his era. Played smart and above his weight. Red and white thru and thru.

Some of the knuckleheads in the coaching sphere could learn a thing or two about humility and decency.

He has acknowledged that head coach is not for him, and he may be right. Either way, he will always have a part in football be it assistant coach etc. Not once has he burned any bridges, be it with us, the Newcastle fiasco, abroad in the SL or with the Warriors.

Imagine being a head coach of Saints at his age and having to coach players you played with only 2 seasons ago. Unheard of and a bad call by the Club.

I wish him all the best. Like I said, quality human being.

Illusion

Bench
Quality fella.

One of my fav players of his era. Played smart and above his weight. Red and white thru and thru.

Some of the knuckleheads in the coaching sphere could learn a thing or two about humility and decency.

He has acknowledged that head coach is not for him, and he may be right. Either way, he will always have a part in football be it assistant coach etc. Not once has he burned any bridges, be it with us, the Newcastle fiasco, abroad in the SL or with the Warriors.

Imagine being a head coach of Saints at his age and having to coach players you played with only 2 seasons ago. Unheard of and a bad call by the Club.

Well said mate ......

blacksafake

First Grade
Quality fella.

Good post Tru

The Villain

Juniors
Quality fella.

One of my favourites. He was thrown into the deep end too young with us. I still think and hope he has a future as a coach. With us one day.

justadragon

Bench
well it looks like Flannagan now has some competition for the dogs job, or maybe he now has a wider selection of clubs to go to, one way or another he will be a head coach somewhere , get him out of the Dragons recruiting and retention system right NOW !!!!

possm

Coach
well it looks like Flannagan now has some competition for the dogs job, or maybe he now has a wider selection of clubs to go to, one way or another he will be a head coach somewhere , get him out of the Dragons recruiting and retention system right NOW !!!!
Yes, and then appoint him as head coach!