What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nathan cayless in blw

EELMAN JACK

Juniors
just read an article in rlw where nathan cayless talks about last years big defeat by the broncos. whilst this is stale news and in the past this comment has me baffled. qoute" we always take a while to build up our combinations, and after the brisbane game last year we stepped up a notch. that's how we intend to play for the next few weeks" unquote. am i misreading this as i was under the impression that a footy team should give its maximum effort every game. this is by no means a put down of my beloved eels, just an observation. if i have read this wrong could someone explain to me how it was meant to be interpreted.

Oh No Doubt the give maximum effort every time the run out. What I think the Skipper is saying is that they are hopeful that in the next few weeks the combinations will be less rusty then they were at the Start of the Year and this will mean the sides effectiveness will "Step Up a Notch"

PB

Bench
eloquentEEL said:
blw

have Big League and RLW merged?

LOL. I thought it was BRW!

I thought perhaps that those business lessons at Baulkham Hills Tafe had paid off and the Skipper was now providing financial advice...

EELMAN JACK

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
Oh No Doubt the give maximum effort every time the run out. What I think the Skipper is saying is that they are hopeful that in the next few weeks the combinations will be less rusty then they were at the Start of the Year and this will mean the sides effectiveness will "Step Up a Notch"

what you are saying makes more sense than the way i read it. after reading the article again i can see what nathan is saying.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
PB said:
LOL. I thought it was BRW!

I thought perhaps that those business lessons at Baulkham Hills Tafe had paid off and the Skipper was now providing financial advice...

could've been worse... BLW = Black and White magazine?