What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cleary

Minh

First Grade
Super young player and halfback. I wonder when he is off contract and whether a nice big offer can lure him away from the Panthers. I've seen enough in a couple of game to see this kid has class with a capital C, much like his old man in his hey day.

Minh

First Grade
Kicks goals really well too and a great kicking game with silky touch.

Minh

First Grade
Wow 2019. Big call but IMO would be in the top 3 halfbacks by that time, maybe the best.....I rarely see such raw talent and control from such a young player.

TheRev

First Grade
Id love to get a kid like this, even though its short-term pain.. think Brooks, Milford, Moses, Hastings, Keary.. all talented kids but early on they struggle... Milford has come good under Bennett, many of the others may too.

Wont get Cleary though, thats exactly why they demoted Soward, to fend off bids on Cleary and lock him in as their future half.

TheFrog

Coach
Wont get Cleary though, thats exactly why they demoted Soward, to fend off bids on Cleary and lock him in as their future half.

They dropped Soward because he was a turnstile in defence and was being regularly targeted by opposition teams. Unfortunately he was not the only one and the problem remains far from resolved.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Our club should look at poaching the other young Panthers half in Te Maire Martin. Cleary will be their long term half and Moylan will shift to 5/8 as they have just signed the pommy fullback, Hardaker and they have Hiku as well. They seem over stocked and so perhaps one too many.

giboz71

First Grade
Id love to get a kid like this, even though its short-term pain.. think Brooks, Milford, Moses, Hastings, Keary.. all talented kids but early on they struggle... Milford has come good under Bennett, many of the others may too.

Our whole handling of Jack Bird has put all other clubs on notice that tough decisions have to be made to hold on to your best juniors. They don't want to make the same mistake we did.

It's sad that we now have become a cautionary tale.

TheRev

First Grade
Our club should look at poaching the other young Panthers half in Te Maire Martin. Cleary will be their long term half and Moylan will shift to 5/8 as they have just signed the pommy fullback, Hardaker and they have Hiku as well. They seem over stocked and so perhaps one too many.
forgot about him, injured at the moment, but supremely talented

thebigredv

First Grade
Gets me thinking. Sign Soward up for a year until we sort a deal out with a future half. He must be on the outer with panthers. It'd be a fitting way for him to finish.

BennyV

Referee

Yeah, there's no chance in hell we blood a kid like that. Fans and coaching staff seem to have zero patience for a youngster coming in and not setting the world alight.

giboz71

First Grade
Yeah, there's no chance in hell we blood a kid like that. Fans and coaching staff seem to have zero patience for a youngster coming in and not setting the world alight.

We did it with Aitken, even if it was by accident (thank you Nielsen for getting yourself sacked).

The fact we gave Aitken a crack but seemed reluctant with Bird is ironic given Bird had all the wraps when they were both coming through the ranks.

BennyV

Referee
We did it with Aitken, even if it was by accident (thank you Nielsen for getting yourself sacked).

The fact we gave Aitken a crack but seemed reluctant with Bird is ironic given Bird had all the wraps when they were both coming through the ranks.

Different story for a half, I guess. Look at the comments on Hutch after his 3 games in top grade!

Bird was gone by the time Aitken got a crack, otherwise he MAY have been given first choice. Anyway, I've said many times that, considering our roster, there was no reason we couldn't have told Bird he'd get to play off the bench last season and if he could handle it, he'd get a look in for a starting position.

betcats

Referee
This kid will be up there with Carty and Moylan in term of our priorities. TMM may become available if Moylan shifts to the halves but I not sure when or if that will happen but the club would be very silly to not do everything it can to lock up Cleary, it would take something big to poach him at this point of his career.

Hahahaha the Dragons forum never disappoints. You clowns are a reflection of how your club is run. Long live Dousty!