What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Cleary

Mr Spock!

Referee
they should be... with SIR JAMES MALONEY BACK IN BUSINESS

Yeah only needed 50+ tackles in souths 20 this time.
So moloney is there to hold clearys hand... And make up for all things Cleary can't do eg run, create tries.

A Cleary led penrith without moloney will be fun to watch next year.

OldPanther

Coach
Yeah only needed 50+ tackles in souths 20 this time.
So moloney is there to hold clearys hand... And make up for all things Cleary can't do eg run, create tries.

A Cleary led penrith without moloney will be fun to watch next year.

He had a try assist and his play led to the To'o try.

His individual game was much better than usual. He varied his kicking, grubbered to the in goal, kicked to corners and only bombed a few times, even put a nice kick for Naden. He backed himself with the show and go which he stopped doing AND he engaged the line when passing tonight instead of passing from 5 metres away.

Dave's mate

Juniors
He had a try assist and his play led to the To'o try.

His individual game was much better than usual. He varied his kicking, grubbered to the in goal, kicked to corners and only bombed a few times, even put a nice kick for Naden. He backed himself with the show and go which he stopped doing AND he engaged the line when passing tonight instead of passing from 5 metres away.
He's also 21....in 5 years people bagging him will look like George Pell defenders

OldPanther

Coach
He's also 21....in 5 years people bagging him will look like George Pell defenders

If tonight becomes his standard game from now on he'll be best halfback in the game in his mid to late 20s. I watched him very close and he was so good as a half.

Fangs

Coach
I agree but tonight he was the perfect halfback in the modern game.

I feel thats quite the overstatement. I thought he had an okay game, better than last week. I saw the same faults in his attack as last week, its not something you can fix in a coaching session.

I'll watch again when I'm sober.

Marky Mark

Juniors
I feel thats quite the overstatement. I thought he had an okay game, better than last week. I saw the same faults in his attack as last week, its not something you can fix in a coaching session.

Yeah, I agree - he was ok, still not a million dollar man that's for sure.

OldPanther

Coach

Nah the difference from last week to this week was fairly large for Cleary individually. I was genuinely surprised by some of it. It was like a different player was out there.

soc123_au

Staff member
The way people have turned on a kid who tries harder then everyone else has been very odd to watch. Legitimately this kid is the playing harder than every single opponent for the for 80 each and every time
Few of the sins of the father, are visited upon the son

soc123_au

Staff member
To be fair we don't know what he's being paid.
We can guess, and that is a big part of what he is being judged on. As Daves Bae said, he is 21 & 100% effort on every play,its hard not to be impressed by that. I just hope the vision comes. At least he is backing himself a bit more now. The half breaks will pay dividends eventually.

Last edited: