What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Friend

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Would bust a nut if this were true. Forget Prince, Friend is the one who carried them last year and his absence this year has been very noticeable.

Would put Friend only behind Smith and Farah as far as hookers go. I've seen quite a few interviews up here in qld and the guy is an absolute health freak. No fast food, no carbs after noon. On and off the field he'd be a massive signing.

hitman82

Bench
I haven't paid much attention to Friend's form this season. Is he still looking pretty fresh? 30 years old now...

Obviously I'd be rapt to see a top hooker in our colours though. Something we haven't had in a long time.

JAG

Juniors
I reckon he'd be a great signing for us.

Not sure Mr Heremaia and Mr Mara would agree though!

Friend I would welcome with open arms for sure
I will wait to see how this goes first and if we sign him 2012 is looking fantastic too
And agreed he is mr everywhere and so underated it's not funny

devoid

Juniors
Crazy - wasn't expecting this rumour. I would speculate it would probably mean Berrigan's option wouldn't be taken, and/or Lance's as well.

Rich102

Staff member
OK give us some options?

I am afraid player agents don't call me - but I am sure thay call the Warriors.
Beyond that didn't we have one Suitonga Likiliki last year? Not top drawer but could be good with a bit of coaching.

Beyond that you do a bit of work. Scout what is out there and make approaches. Also there are a number of good centres in the ESL.

However this is daydreaming. I fear the coffers are not overflowing at Warrior's headquarters.

hitman82

Bench
Top class hooker would be perfect for us.

We have:
Berrigan, who is even older and may be needed for other positions.
Alehana Mara, rookie.
Out of form Heremaia, who may never be quite good enough.
Out of form Hi Ho, who may not be here in 2012.
And a few halves who could double as hookers. Seymour maybe??