What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Hindmarsh

oldmancraigy

Coach
One of my all time favourite Eels.

But 8 games into this season I am going to call for him to retire (effective immediately) or to play for Wenty the rest of the year.

One of the absolute greats, but he can't play as a prop, and can't play as a backrower anymore.
Even Justin Poore looked 3x better in the go-forward department.
Give me a MoiMoi Mannah Poore and Allgood prop rotation. Paulo, Matuia and Ryan as the 80 minute backrowers (pick some offloader/ attacking spark type player as the 'impact' benchie)

Sorry Hindy - you're an Eels legend. Not blaming you for us losing to day. It's just that I can see how long your teeth are and the time has come.

:(

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd still have Hindy anyday of the week ahead of that fat cat Poore. But yes sadly he is a shadow of his former self.

High Flyers

Juniors
One of my all time favourite Eels.

But 8 games into this season I am going to call for him to retire (effective immediately) or to play for Wenty the rest of the year.

One of the absolute greats, but he can't play as a prop, and can't play as a backrower anymore.
Even Justin Poore looked 3x better in the go-forward department.
Give me a MoiMoi Mannah Poore and Allgood prop rotation. Paulo, Matuia and Ryan as the 80 minute backrowers (pick some offloader/ attacking spark type player as the 'impact' benchie)

Sorry Hindy - you're an Eels legend. Not blaming you for us losing to day. It's just that I can see how long your teeth are and the time has come.

I agree and hes proving not to inspire our team and be a leader of men either. Sad to say but maybe he played a year too long!

oldmancraigy

Coach
I'd still have Hindy anyday of the week ahead of that fat cat Poore. But yes sadly he is a shadow of his former self.

Really?

Because I would've said that in a heartbeat at start of the season. But Hindy seems unable to roll over the ad line like Poore. Poore seems to put his hand up a lot more for the hitup...

I'm not happy about it - would love to see Hindy playing awesome footy and clocking up 500 games for the club. But all good things must come to an end

Redback71

First Grade
well all the gut renching losses are bound to take effect eventually are they not? The amount of emotion the guy has bled in the last 18months I would be surprised if there was any spirit left.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I agree and hes proving not to inspire our team and be a leader of men either. Sad to say but maybe he played a year too long!

Sadly that's what I'm seeing.

Perhaps to start he could just be replaced as captain and brought off the bench as a prop?

Mannah was inspirational today - his late charges seemed to spark our intensity over that last 20. Give him the big (c)

ethan tremblay

Juniors
i would not begrudge him just saying i can't do it anymore and goes into early retirement ... he has the footy show too fall back on

T.T

Juniors
kearney should go before hindy. if i was hindy i wouldnt bow out without a fight, and would take kearney down with me

Sadly that's what I'm seeing.

Perhaps to start he could just be replaced as captain and brought off the bench as a prop?

Mannah was inspirational today - his late charges seemed to spark our intensity over that last 20. Give him the big (c)

now that hindy is retiring maybe its time to name 2 captains again that way you dont shame hindy by stripping him of the captaincy and mannah gets eased into the gig for next year

barney gumble

Juniors
What a pathetically weak post that is so typical of the wankers on this website. So now Hindmarsh becomes the scapegoat. Unbelievable!!

oldmancraigy

Coach
What a pathetically weak post that is so typical of the wankers on this website. So now Hindmarsh becomes the scapegoat. Unbelievable!!

If you're looking for pathetically weak posts then look no further than your own.

It very clearly states in the original post that Hindy is in no way responsible for losing us the game. It also states that he's one of my all time favourite Eels, and a club legend.

But people get old.

It's a simple observation that Hindy isn't offering us as much as the other backrow options that we have. Nor does he bring the 'go forward' required of a prop forward. What position can he usefully fill on the football team right now?
What does he offer the team right now?

Hutchy86

Juniors
he hasn't been made the scapegoat at all, but if you want to point the finger at Lasalo, Sandow, Roberts, Hayne or whoever then Hindmarsh should also be open to criticism.
I'm not saying I agree with some of the sentiments on here, but I definitely support the notion that every player, irrespective of age / experience / injury / legacy, should be held responsible for their performances.
Maybe it's a case of Kearney using him more effectively?

oldmancraigy

Coach
i would not begrudge him just saying i can't do it anymore and goes into early retirement ... he has the footy show too fall back on

Exactly.

I love the bloke, and frankly since we suck so badly, we might as well keep playing him all year.

But he either needs to play prop PROPERLY or not play firsts anymore.

There are other legends of the game who finished their careers in reserve grade. Hindy has done amazing things for our club - but even the things that he was doing last year I'm not seeing (last season he was STILL the janitor - cleaning up all the mess and chasing down everything. This season he's not "johnny on the spot" in the way he used to be - and his attacking game vanished a few years back).

Apologies to anyone who thinks I'm personally attacking Hindy. I'm certainly not. But unfortunately somebody has to say put it out there for discussion. If you think he's playing outstanding first grade footy this season, then by all means say so.

If you think he's a better backrow option than Paulo or Maitua - or worth having over Ryan. Or better up front than Allgood, Mannah, Moi Moi or Poore (or even Shack) then by all means say so. But give some proof?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Maybe it's a case of Kearney using him more effectively?

Not defending Kearney here: but how would you use him?

He can't play prop, which he's been trying to do for the last 4 weeks. He just lacks the go forward.

He's not a modern backrower, doesn't have the speed or the hole running ability.

How can he be used?

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Fail mate, what he is saying more or less I think that we as Parra fans will always look up and acknowledge the blood, sweat and tears he has spilt for this club, though unfortunatly I believe he has gone couple of years too long which I think has tarnished his achievments over the years in the eyes of many others, other than Parra supporters which if that the case would be a real shame as people have short memories, sorry if this is not what u were hinting mate, but that is how I feel, I think your reply BG was silly and petulant.

Was wondering if Hindy had played one season too many, based on the season so far i think he should have retired at the end of 2011.
He just isn't make a impact anymore, his defence is till pretty good but he's being used as a prop and his hitups are soft and lacking go foward.
Wonder why he didn't go to the presser today?

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Was wondering if Hindy had played one season too many, based on the season so far i think he should have retired at the end of 2011.
He just isn't make a impact anymore, his defence is till pretty good but he's being used as a prop and his hitups are soft and lacking go foward.
Wonder why he didn't go to the presser today?
He has done this a couple of times, my opinion it looks like bad sportsmanship, he is lucky he is Hindy, can u imagine a Cameron Smith doing this.

Hindy should be next to play for wenty only 5 runs 32 mts 28 tackles, Roberts 4 missed tackles 3 errors and Hayne not far behind let in 4 tries today.. Any of these guys cost you today..

Latest posts