What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Peats

Gareth67

First Grade
I fear that the McInnes situation could undo all the good work that's been done under this new coaching regime. Agree Possm that Peats (and McCullough) represent a giant leap back in class. Muzby facetiously suggested we sign Cameron Smith if we want to sign a hooker past his best- but his best is still way better than just about any other hooker's best. Doubt Cam would consider SGI unless we broke the bank - but you never know till you ask and he would fill the leadership vacuum in the short term.

But in reality, Brandon Smith is the great (red and )white hope this team needs for the next five years- and he has the energy and personality to develop into a top class leader. We've yet to sign anyone in demand by other teams so this is the big test for the new recruitment team.

Good post redandwhite4evr , you have hit the mark with your views and as so many other members have mentioned that B.Smith is the player that the Dragons should go after - at breakneck speed .

They have saved themselves approximately $600k by not signing McCulloch - but there may be a last flip of the fishes tail in that ? If they have the dough available why not at least test the waters by making an offer to B.Smith .

However in saying that we must understand that Griffin is a determined individual and certainly has a mind of his own , so we really don’t know just what he intends to do on the recruitment front . But I am sure that at some stage in season 2021 we shall hear an announcement that a player of true quality has finally been signed .

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Good post redandwhite4evr , you have hit the mark with your views and as so many other members have mentioned that B.Smith is the player that the Dragons should go after - at breakneck speed .

They have saved themselves approximately $600k by not signing McCulloch - but there may be a last flip of the fishes tail in that ? If they have the dough available why not at least test the waters by making an offer to the Smith .

However in saying that we must understand that Griffin is a determined individual and certainly has a mind of his own , so we really don’t know just what he intends to do on the recruitment front . But I am sure that at some stage in season 2021 we shall hear an announcement that a player of true quality has finally been signed .
Brandon Smith is the guy I’d go for if McInnes left but I’d rather just McInnes not left. I’d prefer McInnes over B.Smith. I hope he doesn’t play lock and doesn’t leave early. I have no issue with him playing lock but would much prefer it if he trained all off season there put on a few kegs and purely concentrate on that position if that’s what he wants. I can see him going really good at hooker this season behind an improved pack, better coaching and a few hookers retired or getting on.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Only 3 reasons to look at hookers,
1) McInnes is leaving, In which case we need a backup to Hunt
2) we need a depth recruit, meaning we don’t trust Billy Britain, or we don’t think he is enough (Hayden Lomax and others can’t fill the position)
3) Hook wants cam at lock and hunt in the halves... or at least the option for that

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Brandon Smith if true im happy if at the right price.........they are fairly similar and if we didnt want to go for 4 years than we didnt stand a chance with Cam

boardlumps62

Juniors

They have saved themselves approximately $600k by not signing McCulloch - but there may be a last flip of the fishes tail in that ? If they have the dough available why not at least test the waters by making an offer to B.Smith .

Israel Folau?