What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National twinkie League

Paullyboy

Coach
Furry are you serious? Fighting has always incurred a 10 minute sin-binning, not a send off.

The only time a send off is warranted is when someone takes the other person out with a cheap shot - this was not a cheap shot, Conn started him in the tackle, they stood toe-to-toe and Weyman won the fight.

As I said, It deserved 10 but nothing more. It's just because Conn is made of glass that the ref blew up (then again Cummins was loving the Titans all night as their first try showed)

Titanic

First Grade
Yeah PaullyB I agree the ref was kind to us but that was a send-off offence on the back of the all-in rather than the stoush. Still Wey-girl was a deadset nong when his team was still in with a chance.

This Year?

Immortal
I remember when fights were sin bin offences. I thought a send off was a bit harsh. King hit?? Where??

Having seen a clip of the fight from a different angle, is it just me or is conn putting a cheap one into weymans ribs

simon says

First Grade
Weyman is a dumbarse.

He should have waited till Conn got the ball and then give him some curry.

IMO it was nasty,I reckon ten in the bin would have been enough but for the sheer stupidity of the act, a sendoff seems reasonable.

Weyman got up from a tackle and just started punching Conn in the face. The referee and touch judge clearly said that there didn't seem to be any provocation in the tackle. Now maybe there was something in the tackle that the officials missed, but given the above I'm shocked that so many people seem surprised by the sending off. Punching someone in the face after a tackle without provocation seems to be a pretty clear send off offence to me.

Players get sent off from time to time for making reckless high tackles that make heavy contact with an opposition player. But tackles are at least part of the game while punching isn't. So if you can accept a player being sent off for a tackle gone wrong I don't see why you'd have a problem with a send off for a hard punch to the face while the opposition player was just standing at marker.

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
if it wasnt a king hit and conn was expecting it why did he not have a guard up and managed to get hit by 2 big right hands in b4 conn reacted?

are you serious?
nothing more than a normal tackle....weyman is a tool and repeat offender

Of course im f**kin serious, idiot, I wouldnt have posted it if I wasnt, you can see Conns arm swinging into his f**kin ribs in the tackle, and can see odwyer coming in......but im guessing they dont make prescription glasses that big so you wouldnt have seen it.

(KW)

Juniors
If the game is played in Canberra, this and many other decisions would have been different. A sad reality.

Chachi

Bench
So you've got dirty pricks that choke players and try to literally twist their arms off and they get away scott free, while a player who is provoked in a tackle managed to get a good shot in and he's suddenly the dirtiest player in the NRL.

Yes it was a bloody stupid thing to do, but the double standards in this place are astounding.

Chachi

Bench
if it wasnt a king hit and conn was expecting it why did he not have a guard up and managed to get hit by 2 big right hands in b4 conn reacted?
Because he was reaching for his handbag?

I don't know...does the dude need a written invitation? Michael Weyman isn't exactly Jeff Fenech, you could see he was winding up well before the punches came.

sooperdooper

First Grade
So you've got dirty pricks that choke players and try to literally twist their arms off and they get away scott free, while a player who is provoked in a tackle managed to get a good shot in and he's suddenly the dirtiest player in the NRL.

Yes it was a bloody stupid thing to do, but the double standards in this place are astounding.

provoked? there is clearly nothing to provoke him...
it was an honest tackle. Weyman just cant control himself!
Canberra fans are the worst on here in regards to things like this...

I agree with one thing in that game, you guys did not get a few 50.50 calls but there is nothing you can do...

Latest posts