What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

National twinkie League

Paullyboy

Coach
How was that a king hit? A king hit is when you hit someone who isn't watching/prepared isnt it? Conn knew exactly what he'd gotten himself into, he just got belted.

I think it definately deserved 10, but send off was a bit rich.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
anyone who throws a punch first should go, how is deliberatly punchnig someone in the head not worse than an accidental high tackle.

sooperdooper

First Grade
How was that a king hit? A king hit is when you hit someone who isn't watching/prepared isnt it? Conn knew exactly what he'd gotten himself into, he just got belted.

I think it definately deserved 10, but send off was a bit rich.

please... Weyman is a tool and has done this on how many occasions now?

Daniel Conn got him in a perfect legal tackle, gets up has a giggle (which happens most plays) usually a push...
However Weyman decides to throw punches when Conn was clearly watching the game.

Conn will be ok of course but Weyman has proved what an over rated, over weight hack he is. This has happened many times now! i would say 6 weeks for the guy

Weyman looked to have a broken nose from when conn threw some back..

Danish

Referee
only got sent becuase he can fight
ref is a merkin anyway

Because he can fight??

Er..... he threw everything he had into a completely unexpecting victim's face, and couldn't even knock him over.

I'd say he cant throw a punch at all

bluey

Bench
How the ref got a king hit out of that is beyond me.To me it appears they were looking at each other.
Just a blue, maybe sin bin wheyman.

MKEB...

Staff member
It was definitely a good biff, but it definitely deserved to be marched. I could see nothing genuinely untowards in the tackle

[furrycat]

Coach
How the ref got a king hit out of that is beyond me.To me it appears they were looking at each other.
Just a blue, maybe sin bin wheyman.

For the last time, you cant be sin binned for a hit like that. Last year they did that and were told it was wrong. Its nothing/on report, or a send off.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I think it was a stupid thing to do. It was not a king hit though, they were face to face FFS. It definitely deserved some time in the bin but not a send-off, that was a joke.

Danish

Referee
Since when has "king hit" meant hitting someone from behind???

AFAIK a king hit is simply throwing everything you've got, haymaker style, at a bloke who is unaware that a fight is on the cards. Sort of like a sucker punch but with a lot more force.

Either way pretty cat act by weyman. Knowing him though he has probably snapped every tendon in his hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder throwing it

bluey

Bench
[furrycat];4116236 said:
For the last time, you cant be sin binned for a hit like that. Last year they did that and were told it was wrong. Its nothing/on report, or a send off.

Simple IMO it was not a send off, just put it on report then and let all the do gooders do thir job.
Dont get me wrong i hate cheap shots but i just thought that was just a good old stink leave it alone.

HevyDevy

Coach
Cool, I look forward to every player that throws the first punch from now on being sent off.

I don't see how it is referred to as a King hit - the bloke was looking at him before he smacked him. No need for it, but not a King hit in my books

woodgers

Bench
King hit? Get some brains into ya. Conn knew what was coming, what did he expect after he put 2 cheap ones into Horse's ribs? Watch it again.

I agree Hevy, any player throwing a punch on the field now has to be sent. I'm sure people will change their tune when it is someone from their team. That is a sin bin offence for mine, nothing more. The game has just gone super soft.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
I don't see an enormous difference between that and the Fa'alogo incident. Minor provocation in both and both decided to take the law into their own hands. Weyman won't get 7 weeks though (Fa'alogo would've got 5 if not for the not guilty plea), and nor does he deserve 7 weeks.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
There's a good chance there will be another stink today and if the instigator doesn't get sent off then it will be an outrage.
Well maybe not an outrage but another fine example of inconsistent refereeing rendering last nights decision another ridiculous knee-jerk reaction.
The inability of todays referees to reasonably assess a situation is ridiculous. Not an isolated incident.

Latest posts