What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NatWest Challenge-WHAT THE!?!?!?!?!?!

OVP

Coach
How bizarre. No Hussey and Shane Watson picked instead :rolleyes:
Good to see Haddin get a game tho.

England 3-0.

Timbo

Staff member
I'm hoping someone at cricinfo has just made a typo.

How could they possibly justify that?

Front-Rower

First Grade
Its justified because its a waste of time challenge, thats only put on to increase the coffers of the ECB.

Do we really need to play another 3 one-dayers after the 7 we just played in the Natwest Tri-Nation Series??

Bring on the real deal now..not these mickey mouse games.

NPK

Bench
Ridiculous..Hussey is in great form. Watson has never been in good form at International level.

I think the reason for Husseys 'new found' form and consistency is the fact that he is a plethora of experience playing in English conditions, and also against/with some of the players. This inside knowledge eliminates that 'unknown' factor which alot of the Australian's have because they've not played much in England recently, nor have they bowled/batted against these players.

Hussey is a must.

Martyn > Hussey

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Symonds
Hussey
Clarke
Watson/Katich (depending on conditions)
Hogg
Lee
Gillespie
Kasprowicz

Earl

Coach
I think you'll find that even if Hussey wasn't originally in the squad he will be now.

gregstar

Referee
all of the aussie top 7 batsmen should be retained
gilly
haydo
ponting
martyn
clarke
hussey
symonds

they are all class & have done ok considering events thus far.
it is too earlt to panic

fish eel

Immortal
Its justified because hussey isnt in the ashes squad, hodge is and they want to bring hodge into the team environment asap.

IanG

Coach
A rumour I head doing the rounds is that the reason for this 3 game series was so the ECB could pay a fine cuz England were reluctant to tour ZImbabwe. As we know they are rightly against the Politic of it cuz the prick Mugabe has the ZCU in his pocket.

Latest posts