What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Naysayers

Mojo

Bench
I've been on here since 2013 and have mostly tried to stay positive but the crimes and misdemeanors of this club just keep piling up ( so many I won't bother to list them, you know what and who they are ) and here we are 2021. Our CEO is Craig Young, the biggest most useless pig at the big red and white trough for far too many years who is the reason for many of our woes and who will fail as CEO as he has failed at everything else except living off once being part of a premiership winning team 41 years ago. Looking forward, our roster is the most ragtag bunch of misfits and judiciary whipping boys in the league and isn't likely to go anywhere next year. Our coach from 2023 will be Dean Young, if not sooner. Our young talent will walk and I don't blame them. It's like Covid - we need a fkng roadmap out of this mess and no-one has a clue how to make it happen or even have a vaccine.
I wish I could emphatically say ‘nay’ but I can’t.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Given that the off season has officially started, I thought this would be a great opportunity to tell a bunch of you to get f**ked.

This bullshit about “naysayers” and “supporting the direction of the club”. As well as calling people “not true fans” whenever anyone is critical of decisions made at the club.

This club is a steaming pile of shit, and has been for a decade. It deserves heavy criticism and should be reminded on a daily basis that it’s standards are not high enough.

If you just want to circle jerk about how you’re a “true supporter”, Facebook might be more on your level.

I’ll see you merkins in the swamp.
Wow this thread is even too negative for me!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Has anyone seen the Redcliffe uniform?

Red & white.

Our colours.

They even have the V on their jersey.

If they become the 17th team, we’ll need to change our colours & jersey.

I’m a big fan of black, and we currently have a large part of our (current, for now) logo as black.

Given that dragons are universally accepted to be green, would everyone be happy if we adopt green & black for our new colours from 2023?

Kolum Kid

Juniors

Red & white.

Our colours.

I’m a big fan of black, and we currently have a large part of our (current, for now) logo as black.

Given that dragons are universally accepted to be green, would everyone be happy if we adopt green & black for our new colours from 2023?
This should be interesting. Personally I love the Red and White.

Walpole

Juniors

Red & white.

Our colours.

The Black V? Or the Green V?

Maddragon99

Juniors
Jump in with your daily shit canning of Hook. You’ll feel much better afterwards
I’m actually off the hammering Griffin train, he’ll be the coach next year regardless of my opinion.

Our squad at least on paper looks much better next year, JdB will have an uninterrupted offseason for the first time since 2018, Norman is gone which is huge & we’ve gotten rid of some deadwood. We’ve signed a few decent players & if we do end up signing Woods we’ll have a pretty decent pack plus Sloan, Amone & Co. will be vastly improved in 2022.

But I am a little concerned that there’s been no announcements about changes to the assistant coaches. In 2021 we conceded 616 points or 25.6 a game which was worse than 2020 when we conceded 22.6 a game.

Griffin was meant to fix our defence not make it worse. I’d like to see see some younger assistants to freshen up our defensive structure, based on 2021’s performance I don’t think Dad’s Army can get the job done.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I’m actually off the hammering Griffin train, he’ll be the coach next year regardless of my opinion.

Our squad at least on paper looks much better next year, JdB will have an uninterrupted offseason for the first time since 2018, Norman is gone which is huge & we’ve gotten rid of some deadwood. We’ve signed a few decent players & if we do end up signing Woods we’ll have a pretty decent pack plus Sloan, Amone & Co. will be vastly improved in 2022.

But I am a little concerned that there’s been no announcements about changes to the assistant coaches. In 2021 we conceded 616 points or 25.6 a game which was worse than 2020 when we conceded 22.6 a game.

Griffin was meant to fix our defence not make it worse. I’d like to see see some younger assistants to freshen up our defensive structure, based on 2021’s performance I don’t think Dad’s Army can get the job done.
The ridiculous blow out scores across all games between the 2021 2022 seasons and our well publicised BBQ that forced us to have jump into Reserve Grade comps could have something to do with that comparison.

But that aside, whats a young’ assistant going to bring that’s assumed to be so special or insightful..?

Maddragon99

Juniors
The ridiculous blow out scores across all games between the 2021 2022 seasons and our well publicised BBQ that forced us to have jump into Reserve Grade comps could have something to do with that comparison.

But that aside, whats a young’ assistant going to bring that’s assumed to be so special or insightful..?
Can we all agree Penrith are the current benchmark?

For example Trent Barrett did a great job in 2020 then went on to become the head coach of Canterbury. Sure Canterbury had a forgettable 2021 but that’s not the point.

In 2021 Cameron Ciraldo did a great job & no doubt he’ll get a head coaching gig somewhere in the future, perhaps even us in 2023.

Gentle & Elliott are both washed up has beens never going to be offered head coaching jobs anywhere.

When have we ever had an assistant coach who was poached by another club & offered a head coaching job? I can’t remember one.

Griffin might be a decent coach but I believe he needs better people around him.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Can we all agree Penrith are the current benchmark?

For example Trent Barrett did a great job in 2020 then went on to become the head coach of Canterbury. Sure Canterbury had a forgettable 2021 but that’s not the point.

In 2021 Cameron Ciraldo did a great job & no doubt he’ll get a head coaching gig somewhere in the future, perhaps even us in 2023.

Gentle & Elliott are both washed up has beens never going to be offered head coaching jobs anywhere.

When have we ever had an assistant coach who was poached by another club & offered a head coaching job? I can’t remember one.

Griffin might be a decent coach but I believe he needs better people around him.
I think the example you use IS very much the point! There’s not strong evidence that young assistance coaches automatically transform into wonderful ist Grade coaches.
Different roles. Many assistant coaches are just that, assistant coaches only with no desire to be the Head Coach. Assistant coaches are not a focus. If Griffin’s a decent coach he knows who he has as assistants; buck ends there.

Anyway, hardly been impressed with our recent ‘young’ Head Coaching coaching philosophy over the past decade and before. Then again old Wayne, old Jack, old David and old fox Harry would do me just fine thanks….

Maddragon99

Juniors
I think the example you use IS very much the point! There’s not strong evidence that young assistance coaches automatically transform into wonderful ist Grade coaches.
Different roles. Many assistant coaches are just that, assistant coaches only with no desire to be the Head Coach. Assistant coaches are not a focus. If Griffin’s a decent coach he knows who he has as assistants; buck ends there.

Anyway, hardly been impressed with our recent ‘young’ Head Coaching coaching philosophy over the past decade and before. Then again old Wayne, old Jack, old David and old fox Harry would do me just fine thanks….
The facts tell the story, our defence was worse in 2021 than 2020. There’s absolutely no chance of us regularly competing with the top teams when our average points conceded is more than double the league benchmark.

If you’ve got faith in dads army then good luck to you. Personally I’ve got no faith at all in the old codgers.

kit66

Bench
I think we should go the black V..

Feels more dangerous & angry..

I think maybe an inverted black V could work in our favour, imagine all the penalties we'd get having what's basically an arrow pointing at our players heads to trick opposition players into going high. I'd love to draw one to see how it looks but they took my crayons.

shiloh dc

Juniors
We are the South Sydney of the 70's-90's with a BOD unwilling to accept change and totally under-resourced. Please lets not wait till 2040 to be rescued by a white (and red) knight ala Rusty. Given our history and support levels we should be a sporting powerhouse with multiple diversified revenue streams and a global presence. Instead we are a diminishing brand. I know too many supporters whose kids follow other teams. Its so sad.
The Brisbane Dolphins will really hurt as their colours are the inverse of ours. We will no longer be known as the red and whites. The NRL cannot afford to have the 2nd Brisbane team fail and will quietly support them.
Look at Anzac day - we had a monopoly on that now others have moved in. I'm surprised there are not calls to replace us with another team for that day.
Its not too late - we need change now!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
We are the South Sydney of the 70's-90's with a BOD unwilling to accept change and totally under-resourced. Please lets not wait till 2040 to be rescued by a white (and red) knight ala Rusty. Given our history and support levels we should be a sporting powerhouse with multiple diversified revenue streams and a global presence. Instead we are a diminishing brand. I know too many supporters whose kids follow other teams. Its so sad.
The Brisbane Dolphins will really hurt as their colours are the inverse of ours. We will no longer be known as the red and whites. The NRL cannot afford to have the 2nd Brisbane team fail and will quietly support them.
Look at Anzac day - we had a monopoly on that now others have moved in. I'm surprised there are not calls to replace us with another team for that day.
Its not too late - we need change now!
You forgot to mention how we let the Sharts use our spiritual home as their own..