What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nba 2k11

The 18th Man

Juniors
Have this pre-ordered, I cannot wait to get in to it. I have a feeling it won't be leaving the console for a long, long time.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
nah ordered it off ebay still waiting for it but i watched the ign review vid and by god the jordan stuff looks awesome

edabomb

First Grade
I just hope there is a create a team feature...I want my sonics!

You know the 1995/96 Sonics are a playable team right? All the teams included in the Jordan challenges can be played, and I read somewhere they can be used for franchise mode.

I can wait to play the starting lineup of Payton, Hawkins, Schrempf, Kemp, Brickowski ( :lol: ) .

Here are the Sonics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhTJfOoiP-M

Last edited:

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Man I miss the Sonics.

Ed u seen the documentary about them; it covered the rort of the Sonics! Kinda depressing though.

Yeah I knew the Sonics 95/96 were playable but u made my day when u said they can be used in a season mode! I'm living in the past but I don't mind!

I'm so pumped for this game, after 08 I never even looked at a ball game let alone watch any type of ball.

edabomb

First Grade
Man I miss the Sonics.

Ed u seen the documentary about them; it covered the rort of the Sonics! Kinda depressing though.

Yeah I knew the Sonics 95/96 were playable but u made my day when u said they can be used in a season mode! I'm living in the past but I don't mind!

I'm so pumped for this game, after 08 I never even looked at a ball game let alone watch any type of ball.

Yea I can't wait to thrash Wade's Miami team in the NBA finals!!!

I've seen Sonicsgate, it was a great doco. Definitely put me off seriously following the NBA, the playoffs are all I check out these days.

Here is the thing I read about using classic teams in Franchise mode:

Also included in NBA 2K11 is the ability to play with some classic teams from the past. Players can play with the teams in exhibition mode and association mode. Along with being able to play with classic teams, NBA 2K11 also includes classic stadiums that correspond with the classic teams.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_2K11

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
You know the 1995/96 Sonics are a playable team right? All the teams included in the Jordan challenges can be played, and I read somewhere they can be used for franchise mode.

I can wait to play the starting lineup of Payton, Hawkins, Schrempf, Kemp, Brickowski ( :lol: ) .

Here are the Sonics http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhTJfOoiP-M

Just curiously, would this franchise mode be similar to the dynasty mode that were on the old NBA Live games?

BLKOUT!

Juniors
Yeah it's called Association mode. Same idea; take a team over a certain period of time (I think 30 seasons, not 100% on that) and draft/trade/sign FA's etc.

Ridders

Coach
Yeah it's called Association mode. Same idea; take a team over a certain period of time (I think 30 seasons, not 100% on that) and draft/trade/sign FA's etc.

Sweet, cheers.

Am considering buying a ps3 just to be able to buy and play this game. Have heard nothing but great things about it.

Special K

Coach
Association mode is always awesome in NBA2K. It allows you to download real draft classes so last year for example when I came into the 2010-2011 season I had Wall, Turner etc playing. Awesome!

Just turn of computer trades as they make some terrible deals between each other and you end up having Bogut riding the bench for the Lakers!

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Been reading alot about this game, apparently the computer trading system has been fixed up also.

Also for the guys buying in store, despite the release of 8 october, it should be released late today! The game has arrived to most stores now, so basically one person is bound to break the release date haha.

Special K

Coach
eb games is selling it right now. You could get it cheaper but where I work(north sydney) there isn't a jb around and dick smiths is terrible here so I just paid the extra 10 bucks because a cab would have cost me $15 or a train ticket 8 anyway..

But speaking with the guy he said it is released across the country now so go and check it out guys. I can't play it till the weekend though :(

cupid

Juniors
I bought mine off ebay for $55, still to arrive, better then paying $100 or whatever they want for it here.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
yeah there are plenty of those $55 hong kong deals running around, I was close to doing that also...but my impatience got the better of me.