What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Finals - Heat vs Mavericks

Ridders

Coach
Replay of the 2006 Finals. From that series, only Dirk and Terry remain for the Mavs while Wade and Haslem are the remaining survivors from that 06 title team.

Regular season records; Heat 58-24 - Mavs 57-25; so that Heat will have home court. Finals change format to 2-3-2.

Arguably the two best players in this post-season, Dirk and Lebron, going head to head. Two different team contructs; one is top heavy in talent while the other has great depth. Man the Heat experiment has been a fun ride, and made the regular season alot more interesting. They've had plenty of ups and downs, and now they're a 4 wins away from being vindicated.

I think the Heat will take it in 6.

Anyone know if the Aus TV Schedule has come up yet?

Big Mick

Referee
While I wont be able to stand it when it happens and the spastic 18th Man's cumming in Lebron's mouth...the Heat have too many good match up's against the Mav's.

Dirk will put down 30-40 a game...but they don't have anyone imo that will contain Wade or Lebron.

Heat in 7.

HowHigh

Coach
I almost hope the Mavs win now so 18th man and his friend can try come up with excuses.
But no, I think Heat in 7. f**k the Mavs

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Stevenson is an ok defender and should do a decent job on Wade and I don't like the Heat tryinig to guard Dirk. Marion on LBJ seems like a mis-match though. Should be an interesting series, I'd expect the Heat to win given 3 All-Stars trump 1 but stranger things have happened.

Cartman

Juniors
Hi all, long time reader first time poster. :D

I have been a Heat fan since the Zo/Hardaway days but have never been a big James fan so this season has been an interesting ride. I have always thought he was an amazing player but just seemed to be a bit of a wanker. The last few weeks it seems as if he has finally decided to just shut the hell up and play ball.

How sweet have these playoffs been? I don't think that there has been one dud series, so I hope the finals can deliver (albeit with a Miami victory). The Mavs have a couple of players that I have liked for years in Kidd and Peja, and Dirk is playing insanely well at the moment.

I don't know if the Mavs have enough to stop the big three, but I am also not sure if Miami have enough to stop Dirk, especially with the contributions they have been getting from the bench. Who from the Heat can guard JT or Barea? Bibby and Chalmers have both had there moments, but I am yet to see any consistency from them.

Is it just me or is playoff basketball 1000x better than the regular season?

half

Coach
so to recap:

lebron james - bit of a wanker. glad he "shut the hell up"
jason kidd - one of your favourites. wife beater

Ridders

Coach
Hi all, long time reader first time poster. :D

I have been a Heat fan since the Zo/Hardaway days but have never been a big James fan so this season has been an interesting ride. I have always thought he was an amazing player but just seemed to be a bit of a wanker. The last few weeks it seems as if he has finally decided to just shut the hell up and play ball.

How sweet have these playoffs been? I don't think that there has been one dud series, so I hope the finals can deliver (albeit with a Miami victory). The Mavs have a couple of players that I have liked for years in Kidd and Peja, and Dirk is playing insanely well at the moment.

I don't know if the Mavs have enough to stop the big three, but I am also not sure if Miami have enough to stop Dirk, especially with the contributions they have been getting from the bench. Who from the Heat can guard JT or Barea? Bibby and Chalmers have both had there moments, but I am yet to see any consistency from them.

Is it just me or is playoff basketball 1000x better than the regular season?

Yeah man agreed. All the series have been pretty entertaining. Even the Boston vs Knicks series, which was a sweep, was pretty damn good.

And yes playoff basketball is always better. Ideally I'd like to see the regular season shortened, but due to financial reasons, that would never happen.

ceagle

Bench
The only advantage the Mavs have over the Heat are their bench, their going to have to play out of their skin to win the series.

ByRd

First Grade
Im on the Mavs bandwagon, it would be good to see Dirk finally win one and get revenge on the Heat.

edabomb

First Grade
The Heat are really beginning to remind me of Twilight. If they lose this series it'll be very interesting to see if the fans break off into factions of Team LeBron and Team Wade.

Ridders

Coach
The Heat are really beginning to remind me of Twilight. If they lose this series it'll be very interesting to see if the fans break off into factions of Team LeBron and Team Wade.

Haha.

That actually happened a bit during the season, especially during the Heat's losing streak. Losing in the Finals would take it to another level since I think most Heat fans are expecting to win in the Finals.

There's never a Team Bosh though :lol:

Special K

Coach
The heat have a massive window to win rings and this may be the last chance for the mavs.

Get Kidd and Dirk a ring!

half

Coach
The heat have a massive window to win rings and this may be the last chance for the mavs.

Get Kidd and Dirk a ring!
kidd already had a ring, but i heard his wife left his ass after getting hers beat one too many times