What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA Season 2017/18

Barkley

Bench
The NBA season is finally kicking off today and it couldn't come soon enough. I was running out of things to do at work over the off season.

There has been a lot of movement of big names in the off season which should shake things up a bit. The East is getting weaker every year and LBJ should have an even easier path to the Finals. Boston seem to be the only team offering any sort of resistance but Philly and the Bucks should be fun to watch.

The West is stacked to the rafters, there are bound to be some big names watching the finals from home. T'wolves and OKC will shake things up a bit.

The are a number of quality rookies this year who should have an immediate impact on their teams....Simmons, Fultz, Lonzo, Josh Jackson, Tatum, Kuzma and Fox all should be fun to follow.

The great man, Sir Charles came out this week and said...
“The toughest thing for me is I have to get on TV and fake it for seven months that it’s not going to be the Warriors and Cavs in the finals again,”

Unfortunately I think he is right.

T-Boon

Coach
Baring injuries it is going to be Warriors v Cavs and its going to be 4-1 at best.

Barkley

Bench
So Hayward is gone for the season....

Not for weak stomachs.

Last edited:

ByRd

First Grade
I was watching and heard that bloody snap, poor guy and in the first Q of the first game for his new team too, hopefully he can fully recover.

Valheru

Coach
Given it happened in game 1, I wonder if he returns around March sometime.

Anyways, Boston played the Cavs bloody close. I can't see them not being in the Eastern Conference Finals together.

Barkley

Bench
Given it happened in game 1, I wonder if he returns around March sometime.

There may be some hope of a return really late this season, my uneducated guess would be that he is out for 12 months. Obviously we will know more once he has had a scan.

Rod

Bench
Tough to watch the Hayward thing obviously, the players reactions were quite something also. Not a doctor but I can't see him back this season, would be a risk for the Celtics I would think when they're probably not getting past the Cavs anyway.

Rockets/Warriors had a good finish, Warriors lose their opener for the second year in a row. I think the Rockets are gonna be super good this season, I think they could win about 62 games.

There has been a lot of movement of big names in the off season which should shake things up a bit. The East is getting weaker every year and LBJ should have an even easier path to the Finals. Boston seem to be the only team offering any sort of resistance but Philly and the Bucks should be fun to watch.

The Hayward injury aside I don't think LeBron really has an easier path to the Finals than he did before. The middle of the conference has bottomed out but they were never gonna be a threat anyway. There has always been about 3 'mild-to-medium' threat teams and it's the same this year (Celtics/Wizards/Raptors),

natheel

Coach
What rookies are everyone looking forward to watching this season?

I'm keen to see Fox from Kings and Fultz from 76ers

edabomb

First Grade
Looked like a clean break. While gruesome I'd expect him back towards the end of the season if there are no complications. Of course any complications and they'll shut him down.

I can imagine if that happened to a Cav - "that wasn't a basketball play" - LeCry.

Barkley

Bench
The Hayward injury aside I don't think LeBron really has an easier path to the Finals than he did before. The middle of the conference has bottomed out but they were never gonna be a threat anyway. There has always been about 3 'mild-to-medium' threat teams and it's the same this year (Celtics/Wizards/Raptors),
Yeah I suppose you're right, the big names that 'defected' to the west like Mello and PG13 were not really big threats to the Cavs anyway.

What rookies are everyone looking forward to watching this season?

I'm keen to see Fox from Kings and Fultz from 76ers

I think we are blessed with a talented rookie class this year. Being a poor Suns fan, Josh Jackson should be fun to watch, he should get decent minutes and have an immediate impact on our team.

Fox looks the goods and we will finally get to see Simmons mix it with the big boys.

Simmons is my pick for ROY.

Barkley

Bench
My season predictions........

Champs: GSW
MVP: James Harden
ROY: Ben Simmons
DPOY: Rudy Gobert
Breakout Season: D'Angelo Russell
Most Improved Team: Philly
Biggest Disappointment: New Orleans
Wild Prediction: Philly to make ECF Final

shiznit

Coach
Thankfully he just signed a 4yr $127M contract... which are fully guaranteed in the NBA.

It’s food for thought for guys who have big extensions on the table but are looking at testing the FA market in the summer.

You could imagine what Hayward’s new contact would have looked like if he had this injury in the last game of last season instead the first game of this season...

Latest posts