What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBQ - must have missed something

Bald Tiger

Juniors
After the Brisbane game fans on the official site were raving about NBQs great performance. Could not see it myself. The game stats make for interesting reading.
NBQ played 80 minutes. 9 tackles. 2 missed tackles. 4 hit-ups. 4 dummy half runs. 26 metres gained. 2 handling errors.
OK so stats dont always tell the whole story but is it any wonder NBQ is back on the bench.

Tigerpete

Juniors
I dont think he had a GREAT game, didnt really do a lot wrong but thats because he never really did anything, and YES im not surprised he's backk on the bench this week. I was actaully thinking he should go back to PL, Balmain really could've done with someone like nick.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
I was surprised to see Nick back on the bench whilst Clayton got dropped.

Maybe with Miles moving out to the wing and Marshall back to fullback they just saw no need to have Clayton in the side.

Also Nick can of course cover wing, center, and lock of course so he does have abit more value off the bench than what Clayton would. With a doubt over Hill he could be a very handy player to have on the bench. ;-)

brook

First Grade
I haven't seen the brisbane game but I think he had a very good game against souths so if he played in a similar way I can't see any cause for complaint

In fact the souths game had me lamenting the fact he doesn't have a touch more pace or I think he could have made a very good winger, without the speed though its not going to be a long-term thing.

HappyTiger

Juniors
Id guess Sheens is still undecided as to where NBQ will fit in next year and wants to give him every chance to prove his worth.Clayton will be there on the other hand and he's probably more use to the Magpies and their finals campaign.

Bench
Tigerpete said:
I dont think he had a GREAT game, didnt really do a lot wrong but thats because he never really did anything, and YES im not surprised he's backk on the bench this week. I was actaully thinking he should go back to PL, Balmain really could've done with someone like nick.
Spot on mate,he is just not a first grade player he has proved it time and again.