What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Necessary England changes

screeny

Bench
Smith, wake up and smell the coffee, we can't carry a few of the players who you have shown loyalty to.

Firstly, as an anti-Sinfield person I will say he defended well enough today to keep his place.

But f**k me dead Wilkin is a no mark f**king prick sh*t-kicker. What's the point of him being in the side? he's a powder puff no mark who can't move the pile, make a dent or make a decision. He was like a ptrified schoolboy pretending to play scrum half.

Fa'asavalu. f**k off. Just f**k off you wimp. He was an amusement v NZ last year but he's not up to the standard required. Some of his defence was Champions Schools stuff.

McGuire, you're a prick. I've said it for years but you're nothing. Hell, I even said it on this forum a few days ago: you're a support player; a luxury, a vapid streak of piss. When Pryce went off and you were at 6 our organisation went to the wall. f**k off and support your mum doing her shopping in England.

Senior. You had one golden chance to finish off a move - posibly our one move of the second half - but you ran inside rather than play like a centre and set up your wing. Enough's enough. I've been watching you blow chances to score for GB and England for 10 years now. Go. Please.

Smith, pick Jami Jones Buchanan, Mickey Higham, Sykes and Westwood FFS.

Some of England's players were terrific today but the above no marks were pitiful. f**k 'em off, Smith.

For the love of all that is holy, and holy mother England, please drop McGuire, Wilkin, Senior and Fa'asavalu. f**k me even drop Wellens for being a slow tosser.

dubby

Bench
England were woeful.

They lacked defencive prowess, they lacked heart, and it seemed they lack the ability to hold onto the ball.

They pushed passes, tried miracle plays which may work in the UK but as they learned last night Aussie defence is far superior and to score against us you will need to come up with more than a flukey act to score.

Shame ENgland shame.......and to think you guys were boasting you were good enough to win!

bartman

Immortal
I thought Wellens was appalling, and his time must be up. Senior only keeps his spot because Wellens was so not up to scratch. Obviously Smith back in for Calderwood injury permitting.

Personally I'd stick Pryce at fullback and have Maguire next to Burrow from the start of the game - can't do any worse than it was with slow pedestrian Pryce there - I think most of the structure in attack that was there earlier was due to Sinfield getting his hands on the ball often.

In the pack, gee... Wilkin must surely lose his spot, and Maurie adds nothing. Jamie Jones Buchanan into the back row, Peacock into the front row, Morely back to the bench for impact, and even though I'm not a fan of the guy Westwood onto the bench in place of Wilkin to add a bit of thug.

James Graham played well (again), Hock did OK from the bench.

Simo

First Grade
I thought Wellens was appalling, and his time must be up. Senior only keeps his spot because Wellens was so not up to scratch. Obviously Smith back in for Calderwood injury permitting.

Personally I'd stick Pryce at fullback and have Maguire next to Burrow from the start of the game - can't do any worse than it was with slow pedestrian Pryce there - I think most of the structure in attack that was there earlier was due to Sinfield getting his hands on the ball often.

In the pack, gee... Wilkin must surely lose his spot, and Maurie adds nothing. Jamie Jones Buchanan into the back row, Peacock into the front row, Morely back to the bench for impact, and even though I'm not a fan of the guy Westwood onto the bench in place of Wilkin to add a bit of thug.

James Graham played well (again), Hock did OK from the bench.

Get that Gardner off the field before calderwood. He showed a glimpse of effort, it seems that Garder is a catch and fall over type player to score, he showed nothing to suggest he could ad to the team on his own.

Paul Wellons is just to slow. So very poor positionally, 3 tackles will pass before he can turn his fat ass around.

Maybe Smith can play FB? Dont know much about him but wellons is not gonna trouble the aussies in anyway.

Maguire, again what a dud.

The Wranger goes alright, Roby is good and Rob Burrow defending against Falau whilst the dumbesst thing I could have thought and English coach to do is a tough little bugger and did well defensively.

Price......for all the talk has shown not 1 ounce of attacking potency.

JW

Coach
Like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic folks.

There will be no quick fix for England's problems in this tournament. The real problem is much more broad and lies back home and the Poms have been in denial about it for decades.

babyg

Juniors
When playing Australia You cannot afford to have players who get lost in defence. You cannot afford to drop the ball, and also not get you kicks away.

Gardiner was in no man's land too often. Goone
Get rid of Senior and move price to the centres.
Also they need a new fullback with spark. Pryce or even Macguire. Don't know the team enough.

Graham, Roby, Ellis and Peacock were good, but there's just too many weaknesses to be exploited.

expansionist

Juniors
My thoughts for wehat they are worth:

Wellens - is he really the best fullback England can pick... REALLY?? He was absolutely terrible. he looked slow and out of place. a complete contrast to Billy Slater.

Maurrie F - he was terrible. I havent seen him play much this year but all i saw him do last night was miss tackles and give away penalties.

Senior - looks old and out of place to me. Not the worst but not an incisive attacking player.

Didnt see Gardner all game.

the bench lacked impact, I really rated McGuire and Wilkin but after last night....

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Like NZ you lack quality halves.

All of the kiwi and pommie halves are runners, not one quality organiser amongst them.

Put Prince or Thurston with Lockyer in that side and they would do much, much better.

ledzep

Bench
Gardner and Wellens MUST go
Senior should as well but is there anyone in the squad to replace him?