What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neil Henry named new Cowboys coach

Raider_69

Post Whore
Eels Dude said:
Why bloody sign a five year deal if you cannot even keep up a 3 year deal. He'll probably sign for Melbourne from 2010 on once Bellamy leaves.

:lol: :lol:
wouldnt surprise me in the least
watch you're back Peter Parr... Henry isnt to be trusted as far as you could throw him... and if i had it my way he'd be thrown from Bruce to the federal highway with the contents of his desk in tow...

Eels Dude

Coach
Buckshot said:
Why would coaches want to stay when Canberra can't attract or retain players !

Why agree to coach Canberra in the first place if that's the case then?? How can a club expect to retain players when the coach convinces a bloke to leave them gets up and f**ks off himself. Henry may be a good bloke, he's probably given the players an explanation of sorts, but it's the fans which make a club, and I think all Canberra fans deserve an explanation for his actions.

raidersforme

Juniors
Eels Dude said:
Why agree to coach Canberra in the first place if that's the case then?? How can a club expect to retain players when the coach convinces a bloke to leave them gets up and f**ks off himself. Henry may be a good bloke, he's probably given the players an explanation of sorts, but it's the fans which make a club, and I think all Canberra fans deserve an explanation for his actions.

Yep you're damn right, Nah F#%$ it just go DOG

raidersforme

Juniors
Whats Doing said:
I think Parr and Henry go back a long way at the Perth Reds.

Yes they do, but he started in canberra, played lower grades here and coached lower grades, before going to perth, adelaide, back to canberra, then cowboys, back to canberra now back to cowboys.

He is a dog and always wants to come back to promote himself up the ladder, then f#$% off again.

Just go DOG now.

Paullyboy

Coach
Slackboy72 said:
Gee it's funny how good raiders fans felt on Saturday night and how glum Dragons fans were. Four days later and how the tides have turned.

Are you serious? We are in an even better position now. We've got someone with pride in charge of our club now and rid ourselves of the most overrated coach since Matt Elliott was down here - you guys got stuck with Bennett. :lol: :lol:

Buckshot

Juniors
Remember the days whem Canberra had a good enough roster of players that they were able to sack two blokes like Ricky Stuart and Bradley Clyde ?

Aaaaah the good ol days !!!!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Buckshot said:
Remember the days whem Canberra had a good enough roster of players that they were able to sack two blokes like Ricky Stuart and Bradley Clyde ?

Aaaaah the good ol days !!!!

the single worst mistake this club has made
Kevin Neil should be ashamed of himself the way he treated Clyde and Stuart

butchmcdick

Post Whore
Raider_69 said:
the single worst mistake this club has made
Kevin Neil should be ashamed of himself the way he treated Clyde and Stuart

The raiders were hideously over the cap at that time were they not ? Didn't they rort the cap for a bit there in the 90's ? I may be wrong but i seem to remember them being in a bit of sh*t about the cap for a bit there.

THe raiders and the cowboys have a bit of history. Off the top of my head i can name sheens, noa nodruku, john lomax, brett hetherington and steve walters all being at the cowboys. I remember an ex cowboy, a dunnerman i think playing for the raiders for a bit there as well.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Karmawave said:
Well with the good news comes the bad.

Matt Bowen won't be playing this weekend.

good, i just axed him from my fantasy team, was thinking he'd probably play the house down and make me look stupid :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
butchmcdick said:
The raiders were hideously over the cap at that time were they not ? Didn't they rort the cap for a bit there in the 90's ? I may be wrong but i seem to remember them being in a bit of sh*t about the cap for a bit there.

It was related to win bonuses and representative selection bonuses. That they won the grand final the year in question didn't help in that regard. That's the only reason they were over, a yearly occurrence with some teams these days.

Raider_69

Post Whore
thefurnace-1.jpg

New banner that LU member Thickos has come up with :D

Also for those keen to know, the Imfamous Crookwell Witch has not taken to this news kindly and is apparently working on a hex for Neil Henry and the Cowboys, its claimed to be 10x worse then the hex she placed on one Brett Finch many moons ago

_Johnsy

Referee
I can understand the anger from raiders fans, but of you were offered SUBSTANTIALLY more than your current employer was paying you, would you go ?

Lego_Man

First Grade
The Raiders probably offered Henry 50K, a pair of chooks, and a slab of VB. No surprise he's gone.

Raider Azz

Bench
_Johnsy said:
I can understand the anger from raiders fans, but of you were offered SUBSTANTIALLY more than your current employer was paying you, would you go ?
please show me where it says he has been offered substanitially more money to go to the cowboys?

Lego_Man said:
The Raiders probably offered Henry 50K, a pair of chooks, and a slab of VB. No surprise he's gone.

Thankfully I dont have your pearls of wisdom, because id still be in the 2nd grade if I did.

Idiot.

Shorty

Staff member
Raider_69 said:
thefurnace-1.jpg

New banner that LU member Thickos has come up with :D

Also for those keen to know, the Imfamous Crookwell Witch has not taken to this news kindly and is apparently working on a hex for Neil Henry and the Cowboys, its claimed to be 10x worse then the hex she placed on one Brett Finch many moons ago
I hope your f**king dumb witch gets her own karma.

Charlie124

First Grade
Shorty said:
I hope your f**king dumb witch gets her own karma.

F**king Canberra fans - You'd never give them a gun because they'd shoot everyone in sight.
Bad karma this,I hope the Cowboys fail,everybody needs to be miserable you f**king sad excuse.
Disgusting.

So...... what are you trying to say? :lol:

seriously shorty i wouldnt get worked up about any of this trash talking, raiders fans are upset and are throwing a tanty, theyll have a warm glass of milk (canberra milk of course), go to bed and be chirpy and happy again tomorrow.