What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Neil Henry to be sacked Friday morning!

since77

Juniors
Seriously, Neil Henry is a dud. As bad as Mc Gregor is, Henry's worse. Yet to achieve anything with any of the teams he's coached. And before people start saying he got an average Titans side to the finals last year, let's remember they got Parra's spot after salary cap scandal, in other words he got them to 9th.

Gareth67

First Grade
Me too! I'm going to the Broncos game with my 5 kids all of us wearing our Dragons gear and all hoping for a big win. Fingers crossed.

Good to see the family all going , hope that it is a great day for you all . However if I may suggest , that your kids pull out your jersey for you Possum , with your eyes , you may put on the blue one . :innocent:

Divine

Bench
Hayne lost his passion for the game and went looking elsewhere for his kicks. Needs a mentor to get his mojo back. Is he willing to take a pay cut for that to happen?

Coffs dragon

Bench
If Neil Henry is seen as a great Tactician of the game then clear the old boys deck chairs and get him as Mary's assistant for 2018. Imagine having a Plan A B or C rather than the Powerball game! Time for the club to cut the strings with Young and Hornby and get some hard arsed experienced help to McJetski.
I even heard Brownie say on a weekend radio interview, that he recommends every aspiring coach to leave their feathered nest club to improve themselves & learn.

to_ddeath

Coach
Seriously, Neil Henry is a dud. As bad as Mc Gregor is, Henry's worse. Yet to achieve anything with any of the teams he's coached. And before people start saying he got an average Titans side to the finals last year, let's remember they got Parra's spot after salary cap scandal, in other words he got them to 9th.

Still better than McGregor narrowly ATM - they beat Melbourne this year.

T.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Henry is becoming another Jason Taylor. Great tacticians and knowledge but fail at man management.
Henry should accept any job as an assistant (aka Taylor) and be satisfied with that.
Would he suit the Dragons? Probably not, especially under McGregor who would just use him as the fall guy for every loss, just as he did with Demiriou.

grouch

First Grade
McGregor got Manly's spot in the 2015 finals after they threw games, in other words he got them to 9th

since77

Juniors
McGregor got Manly's spot in the 2015 finals after they threw games, in other words he got them to 9th

I want McGregor gone as much as anyone. There's no point replacing him with another B or C grade coach though, and that's precisely what Henry is.

BennyV

Referee
Hayne is an individual drunk with power. He commands a salary of 1.2 million yet plays like a reserve grade rookie every second game. He has destroyed the titans, divided the playing group. Yet Henry gets the chop. Hayne is a coaches worst nightmare. And he's Lazy. Really Lazy.
You're 100% correct, we should definitely sign Hayne! WOuld be worth trying for Farah as well, just to make sure Mary really gets the chop...

Old Timer

Coach
I remember giving it to Hayne pre SOO and all the shit that came my way about what a superstar he really is and how much NSW and the Dragons needed him.
Where are all these people now?
Come out from under your rock and bring Vas and his lot with you and stand up and be counted then we can hang shit on you for getting things so terribly wrong.
Hayne is all about Hayne and nothing or nobody else and not on the radar of anyone but the mentally unstable.
Oops that probably means we are chasing hard for his signature.

giboz71

First Grade

I don't get the Henry love either. 46% win percentage which is worse than Mary's (including 5 years coaching JT in his prime), and sacked from his last 2 clubs.

He wouldn't exactly be a major upgrade.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The Cowboys players were glad to see the back of him and since he left improved. I think the same will go with the Titans next season. Point is for all the players to be glad to see him gone he must have serious man management skills which I think is Mary's strength. His tactics are good though so he may be the perfect partnership for Mary. As a head coach though I would steer away.

I think if Saints are ever to replace Mary there is only 1 perfect replacement and that is Demitriou.

Latest posts