What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nelson Asofa-Solomona

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Apart from retaining guys like Mann, Lafai, Milne etc... I think this guy should be priority number 1.

- 200cms, 120kgs
- Huge go forward
- Has an offload
- Footwork
- 21 years old

Obviously we have guys like Kerr and Lawrie coming through who look really promising, but I truly think in a few years time this kid will be unstoppable. He has First Grade experience and is improving literally every single game he plays. Melbourne will more than likely retain him, but if we offer him the contract we offered Packer, we might have a chance. And yes, I think he is that good that we can offer him Packer's contract.

mickeylane

Bench
Apart from retaining guys like Mann, Lafai, Milne etc... I think this guy should be priority number 1.

- 200cms, 120kgs
- Huge go forward
- Has an offload
- Footwork
- 21 years old

Obviously we have guys like Kerr and Lawrie coming through who look really promising, but I truly think in a few years time this kid will be unstoppable. He has First Grade experience and is improving literally every single game he plays. Melbourne will more than likely retain him, but if we offer him the contract we offered Packer, we might have a chance. And yes, I think he is that good that we can offer him Packer's contract.
Didn't he re sign or about to over the weekend w the Storm..cant see him being let go unless we do a Tigers and offer him $700k

BrissyRedV

Bench

- 200cms, 120kgs
- Huge go forward
- Has an offload
- Footwork
- 21 years old

Indeed he should be priority number one. At best he signs and there is Packers direct replacement. Worst case we at least bump his price up at the Storm making it harder for them to retain others.

mickeylane

Bench
IMO worth $750K a season - would make a great 2nd run after Vaughan punches up the first then Frizzel punches up then Thommo punches up then the ball goes out to Hunt and co... TRY TRY TRY

Frank Facer

First Grade
Yeah, I agree that Asofa should be our number 1 target. He could even be worth 700K a season to us. It is imperative that we keep a big tough strong pack. I would have signed Asofa last year, when he was on the market.

I have read/heard that he has pretty much agreed to stay with Melbourne.

possm

Coach
With Dugan and Packer gone, we have more legal money - cap space - than Melbourne and plenty of options if we want them. Hello Mr Millward, where are you, what are you doing to replace Packer?

Frank Facer

First Grade
and its rumored that myles and kasiano are storm bound so we should be able to throw packers money at him
I am pretty sure that Melbourne are losing Harris to the Worriers, Mclean to Nth QLD and add to that they lost Proctor to the Gold Coast this year, so I think they will have a bit of cap space too.

We still should at least attempt to sign Asofa.

SGMax

Juniors
Or, put a bid in for Kasiano if its not too late.
At worst, give the Storm something to think about...and order some more of those paper bags.
Dragons have been gazumped a few times, time we stirred up the market a little....might catch a fish or two.

Dragons have been interested in Kasiano in previous years so why not now?
Would have been a good replacement for Packer.

SGMax

Juniors
Just had a look at the stats
http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiersh...ubid/6/playerid/6581/seasonid/45/default.aspx
Perhaps Bellamy needs hardened FG props right now after losing a couple of his established front rowers.

They don't seem so impressive....maybe he has potential and is is being eased in.
In 26 mins against the dragons he ran for 21m.

Doesn't seem to do that many mins each game....averages 70 or so metres per game from generally less than half a game.
His physical stats do look impressive though.

I get the impression he may be further developed / ready for FG than Kerr so it may be an astute buy.
Hopefully he has ties to Sydney / Illawarra and is looking for a change.

Or, put a bid in for Kasiano if its not too late.
At worst, give the Storm something to think about...and order some more of those paper bags.
Dragons have been gazumped a few times, time we stirred up the market a little....might catch a fish or two.

Dragons have been interested in Kasiano in previous years so why not now?
Would have been a good replacement for Packer.
Totally overrated - not many minutes, errors, penalties.
There are better options.
I'll never forget the dog act on Widdop in the 2015 semi either.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Even though I am not a recruitment manager by any means, this is what I was say/do if I was Millward in a meeting with NAS and his manager -

"Nelson, look, we love the way you play mate. At 21 years old, we're staggered and wildly impressed with the developments you've made in your game and we'd love to see you reach that next level at our club.
We're pushing for a premiership at the Dragons in the next year or two and we believe you are our missing piece to get us there. You'll be partnering one of the strongest props in the competition right now in Paul Vaughan who is only on the way up, with guys like Tyson Frizell and Jack de Belin rounding out the back row. You and Vaughny will lay a great platform for our international halves in Gareth Widdop and Ben Hunt, with great service coming from a NSW hooker in the making in Cameron McInnes.
You've got a chance to cement a starting prop position here at the Dragons and become a leader of this pack for the next four years."

Then table the offer and get the f**king deal done.

blacksafake

First Grade
Totally overrated - not many minutes, errors, penalties.
There are better options.
I'll never forget the dog act on Widdop in the 2015 semi either.
Yea & i also seem to recall a quote from him saying something along the lines of "i'm not interested in playing for them" when there were rumours around that we were talking to him before.