What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix Dirty Money

bileduct

Coach
I really enjoyed seeing scenes of that Scott Tucker asswipe juxtaposed with investigators discussing what his business was really about.

Still, some of those borrowers must have been really f**king desperate or really f**king dumb. The very first sentence on that contract says "you will pay off x amount of money in 1 payment on such and such a date." To me that shows that not only did they not read the fine print, they don't appear to have bothered to read any of the large print either. That opening sentence would have been a massive red flag for me.

Generalzod

Immortal
I really enjoyed seeing scenes of that Scott Tucker asswipe juxtaposed with investigators discussing what his business was really about.

Still, some of those borrowers must have been really f**king desperate or really f**king dumb. The very first sentence on that contract says "you will pay off x amount of money in 1 payment on such and such a date." To me that shows that not only did they not read the fine print, they don't appear to have bothered to read any of the large print either. That opening sentence would have been a massive red flag for me.
What was astonishing is that this Tucker character was playing the victim.

bileduct

Coach
I'll think you'll enjoy it, real good topics
Ok, I made it through all six episodes.

I thought it was pretty interesting that Martin Shkreli became the face of price-jacking when Valeant Pharmaceuticals were an even bigger bunch of f**ks. They'd been doing it on their top 30 products for years!

I couldn't really understand what was going on in the maple syrup episode because I didn't have subtitles and kept getting distracted.

I loved the excuse from the Volkswagen clown that it was just some software guys who decided on their own to produce a defeat device.

I wish they'd also made it a bit more clear what it was that tripped up Scott Tucker. They alluded to it, but I don't remember them outright saying that his little enterprise crossing state lines would have been what brought the feds in. I don't recall them mentioning anything about his previous conviction and stint in jail. The guy is a total fraudster.

Generalzod

Immortal
It's just funny how industries are treated differently by the authorities, HSBC not one single person got punished it was deemed by the authorities it will cause a meltdown in the banking system deemed to be untouchable, people got arrested for the Volkswagon diesel scandal, Charges are pending in regards to the Pharma Valeant scandal. Scott Turner and mate are in gaol,

Life's Good

Coach
Guys make an effort and watch this show on Netflix awesome.

Couldn't agree more. Got hooked on this from the first episode. In the instances of VW, Valeant & HSBC it shows if you have the cash to ties things up in knots your punishment is well out of proportion to those who haven't eg. Maple syrup rebels.

Latest posts